World Brain Tumor Day 2021: The World Tumor is on June 8 as per the German Brain Tumor Association. The day is globally, to evoke awareness and consideration for the people who are suffering from various kinds of tumors globally. As well as, the day promotes help and guidance for the caretakers and dear ones of the patients. World Tumor Day is also widely considered to be an honoring day for the people who lost their lives to it. Hospitals campaigns, awareness activities and different activities are observed globally to fight the cause and create a better living. Know more about the World Brain Tumor Day theme 2021 and Date and Facts here.
What is Brain Tumor?
A brain tumor is the accumulated mass or growth of abnormal cells in the brain which can cause massive damage to the brain and even death to the person who is affected. There are variant forms of brain tumors to date. The noncancerous and cancerous tumors appear as the primary category in it. The tumors can begin on a particular body part or brain and grow rapidly over time and spread to many other parts. Thus, it becomes a threat to the life of the person. The growth of brain tumors differs and cannot be predicted. The patients have to seek immediate treatment after the diagnosis.
Treatment for Brain Tumor
Normally, the treatment for brain tumors includes surgery as the initial measure. Later the chemotherapy and radiotherapy are advice for patients where the tumor cannot be removed with surgery. Such a decision also comes from the positioning and size of the tumor.
World Brain Tumor Day 2021: Theme
The World Brain tumor date is June 8 and the institutions obliged to observe it considers various activities related to the tumors. Mainly, the hospitals and other cancer institutions can in the main charge of the detailed activities. The research claimed that 1.4 million patients globally are suffering from brain tumors. As this number is comparatively very high, there is an essentiality of observing such a day. This was put forward by the medical associations under German. Later this was adopted globally and observed as a day of remembrance, awareness and consideration for brain tumor patients and their loved ones. The theme of World Tumor Day is to see the people with Brain Tumor as prior and consider their stories. To inbuild awareness and the necessity for recognition.
Facts about the World Brain Tumor Day 2021 : June 8th
- An approximated 84,170 people in the US will be diagnosed with a basic brain tumor in 2021.
- The halfway survival for patients with glioblastoma, the most common basic brain tumor, is only 8 months and the five-year comparative survival rate is only 7.2%.
- The endurance rate of patients with glioblastoma has not essentially developed in the last 30 years.
- A brain tumor can happen at any age.
- The specific reason for brain tumor is not apparent.
- The indications of a brain tumor depend on its size, type, and location.
- Brain tumors are considered by the doctor based on the results of medical records and physical test and various specific tests of the brain and nervous system.
- Choices for brain tumor treatment include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy or a combination of treatments.
- The most popular type of primary brain tumor amongst adults is an astrocytoma, meningioma, and oligodendroglioma.
- The general types of primary brain tumors in children are medulloblastoma, grade I or II astrocytoma, (or glioma) ependymoma, and brain stem glioma.
- Family account and high dose X-rays are risk circumstances for a brain tumor.
- There is only one FDA-authorization drug for glioblastoma with a survival advantage.
Activities for the World Brain Tumor Day
- World Brain Tumor Day in India can be observed in various ways like visiting, donating and building awareness
- Conduct an awareness program about brain tumor in the form of webinars and seminars within the presence of a prominent doctor who specializes in it
- Charity can be done for the patients as well as the organizations that take care of brain tumor patients
- Make a visit to such patients and give them motivations and strengthen them mentally
- You can also let some psychological sessions run for such patients
- Make them realize the brave life stories of recovered patients
- Also, allow the recovered patients to speak up their stories as a model of inspiration for the currently suffering patients.
- The remembrance ceremonies of lost members due to brain tumors
- Use social media and inspire others to communicate with tumor patients as a motivation
- Circulate posters and motivational stories of recovered people through social media
- Make use of #hashtags to spread the word of awareness
Why is it so important?
Nowadays, people who are suffering from diseases and brain tumors have rapid growth. It is relevant to bring up such situations. Apart from the earlier situations, the medical world has improved in this specific sector. The number of recovering patient’s number is at its increasing pace. All they require is the medical assistance and motivation to come up mentally. But many people are unable to take treatment due to its expensive state in the medical field. So, there is the right chance for all of us to act. You can donate and help people around to survive.
Covid19 and Brain Tumor
As per the increased pandemic issues around the globe, it is relevant to take care of patients with brain tumor and other diseases. A normal immune person finds it difficult to cope up with the coronavirus. Thus, special care system and institutions must be installed for the patients who are affected by brain tumor to stay away from danger.
Donate to different sectors or institutions which promote the treatment of cancer or tumor patients. You can also visit such patients in person and try to lend a helping hand. You can particularly focus on patients from remote areas and less accessible ones who are denied the treatment due to financial circumstances.
As a part of the World Brain Tumor Dat 2021, you can bring forward innovative activities and ideas to promote the awareness regarding the tumor. Also ensure to make some donations and try to help the lives of people who are suffering from such health issues. You can also mentally support the dear ones of the tumor patients in this 2021 Tumor Day.