Table of Contents
The 31st Bihar Judicial Service Examination notification is released by Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC). Aspiring candidates can submit their application through online mode on official website of BPSC from 31st August 2020, Which was earlier scheduled from 12-03-2020 to 28-03-2020. which was extended to 03-06-2020 to 15-06-2020. Which is now further scheduled to 31-08-2020 and last date of registration for submitting BPSC 31st Judicial Service Application is 12th September 2020. In this article we will discuss about the books for BPSC Civil Judge exam preparation.
BPSC Judicial Service Exam 2020 – Overview
|Official Notification released on||09-03-2020|
|Online Registration started on||31-08-2020|
|Last Date for Online Registration(Extended)||12-09-2020|
|Last date for submitting Application Fees||05-09-2020|
|Number of Vacancy||221|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Bihar Judicial Service Prelims 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Bihar Judicial Service Mains Exam Date||To be announced|
BPSC Bihar Judiciary Exam Pattern and Syllabus
For any competitive examination aspirants must be well aware of the syllabus and exam pattern. This will help you in drafting a very good study plan. With a proper study plan, guidance and hardwork one can easily crack any competitive exam.
BPSC Judicial Service Prelims Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||General Studies||100|
BPSC Judicial Service Mains Exam Pattern
|1.||General Knowledge including current affairs||150|
|2.||Elementary General Science||100|
|5.||Law of Evidence and Procedure||150|
NB:- General Hindi and General English papers are qualifying in nature. Candidates need to obtain minimum 30 marks in these papers to qualify the Mains exam. The marks of these two papers will not be counted for the final merit list.In the Mains Exam, candidates can choose 3 subjects out of the following five optional subjects:
|Constitution and Administrative Law of India
|Hindu Law and Muhammadan Law||150|
|Law of Transfer of Property and Principle of Equity, Law of Trust and Specific Relief||150|
|Law of Contract and Torts||150|
BPSC Judicial Service Exam Syllabus 2020
In this paper candidate’s understanding of English Language or ability to write in English is tested. In this section, questions will be asked in the form of passage for summary or précis writing, letter writing on a particular subject.
- General knowledge including current affairs
- Indian History, Culture, Geography of nature etc.
Elementary General Science
Questions based on matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects can be expected.
Law of Evidence and Procedure
- Indian Evidence Act ( 1 of 1872)
- Civil Procedure Code (5 of 1908)
- Arbitration and Conciliation Act of 1996
- Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974)
- Provincial Small Cause Courts Act, 1887
Constitutional and Administrative Law of India
- Constitution of India – Article 1 to 395 and Schedules
- Administrative Law of India –
b)Control of Delegated Legislation – Judicial & Legislative
c)Fair Hearing; Rules of Natural Justice; Rules Against Bias; Audi Alteram Partem
d)Tribunals and Quasi-Judicial Authorities; Judicial Control over them
f)Judicial Review of Administrative Action
g)Writ Jurisdiction and Statutory Judicial Remedies, Scope, Extent & Distinction
h)Public Interest Litigation
i)Tortuous Liability of State and Compensation
j)Promissory Estoppel, Legitimate Expectation & Doctrine of Proportionality
Law of Contracts and Torts
- Indian Contract Act
- General Principles of Liabilities
- Remedies, Nuisance
- False Imprisonment
- Injuries to Domestic and Contractual Relations
- Wrongful Dismissal
- The Rule in Rylands Yrs. Fletcher Deceit
- Malicious Prosecution
- Sale of Goods
- Negotiable Instruments
- Company Law and Partnership
Best Books for BPSC Bihar Judiciary Exam Preparation
Importance of choosing standard study materials
There are lots of books available in the market. Getting hands on the right book matters. Few tips to select the right book –
- a) Check whether the book covers all the topics as per the syllabus.
- b) Buy latest Edition books from renowned authors.
- c) Select books that include sample papers, previous year question papers apart from the topics.
Books for BPSC Bihar Judiciary Exam Preparation
- Law of Evidence by Batuk Lal
- Code of Civil Procedure Bare Act, by C.K Takwani
- Transfer of Property Act Bare Act, by Poonam Pradhan (lexis Nexis)
- Indian Contract Act Bare Act, by Avtar Singh
- Specific Relief Act – K Bangia
- Hindu law- Paras Diwan
Family Law Lectures – Dr. Poonam Pradhan Saxena
- Mohammedan Law – Akhil Ahmed
- R.K Singh
- Samanya Hindi – Arihant .Publication
- High School English grammar and composition by wren & Martin
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective general English by S.P Bakshi
- General awareness by Manohar pandey
- Lucent’s general knowledge for Static GK
- Read newspaper daily
Other Important Links-
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.