Telangana Police Constable recruitment 2021 notification is expected to release soon. Aspirants may be starting their preparations for the Police Constable posts including the posts like Police Constable (Civil, Armed Reserve, Telangana State Special Police TSSP, Stipendiary Cadet Trainee, Police Constable SAR CPL, SPF, Information Technology & Communications), Firemen in Telangana State Disaster Response & Fire Services Department, Warders in Prisons & Correctional Services Department. The recruitment is conducted by the Telangana State Level Police Recruitment Board (TSLPRB). In this article check the best books for the Telangana Police Constable exam.
Best Books for Telangana Police Constable Exam
As the selection process consists of Preliminary Written Test and a Final Written Examination, the preparations have to be focused on both from the initial stage of preparation to the final exam. And, equal importance is to be allotted for the Physical Measurement Test (PMT) and the Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The shortlisted candidates after the final examination will have to appear for a Document Verification, along with the Personal Interview.
So, the selection of books should be done for the prelims and the mains. Those aspirants interested in the police job, should know the subjects and mark distributed for each subject, that is the weightage for each topic. Usually, there are objective type questions, and for the preliminary exam, there are a total of 200 questions for 200 marks. Prelims and the final paper will have questions available in English, Telugu, and Urdu. The TSLPRB Constable exam duration will be for 3 hours.
The topics to be covered under the Prelims Examination are:
- Arithmetic and Quantitative Aptitude, Test of Reasoning & Mental Ability
- Language- English, and Telugu/Urdu.
- History of India, Indian culture, Indian National Movement, Indian Geography, Polity, and Economy
- General Studies and Current events of national and international importance
- Importantly, the contents pertaining to the State of Telangana are too focused
The topics to be covered under the Mains Examination are:
- English, Arithmetic, Indian Geography, Polity and Economy, Reasoning and Mental Ability, General Science, Current affairs related to national and international importance, History of India, Indian culture, Indian National Movement, Focus to events of State of Telangana.
The minimum cut-off marks to qualify for the Constable test will be 40% for OC, 35% for BC, and 30% for SC/ST/Ex-servicemen.
List of Subject-wise books for Telangana Police Constable Exam
|Telangana Police Constable Subjects||Book Name, Author/ Publisher Name|
|Indian Polity and Economy||Ramesh Singh, M. Laxmikanth|
|Geography of India||Majid Husain, Narsimha Reddy|
|History of India||Karim Sir Note|
|General Science||Hari Krishna, Expert Compilation|
|English Language||Rajendra Chary|
|Telangana Movement and State Formation||S. Raju, Dr M. Kodandaram|
|Telangana: General knowledge||Ajay Kumar|
|Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination||R.S Agarwal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal||BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali, Arihant Publications|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Telangana Police Constable (Preliminary) Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Complete Food and Nutrition Guide||Roberta Larson Duyff|
|Fitness Nutrition: The Ultimate Fitness Guide||Nicholas Bjorn|
Tips to Select an Ideal Book for TSLPRB Constable
Aspirants preparing are found to have a common tendency to buy books on a large scale. When they came up with a new book in the store/ market, they will buy it blindly. And then finds it not useful. So, in order to not waste your time and money, the selection of books for the Telangana Police Constable Exam have to be done wisely. Let us check some of the points to be considered for selecting Best Books for Telangana Police Constable Exam.
- Author and Publications – try to get the famous and more popularized books.
- If it is available as a common guide for all subjects it will be a better choice for those who are not giving their first attempt.
- For the first time appearing candidates, it is good to start from the basics, covering all subjects individually.
- Make sure the book includes very relevant content and is readily available as an easy studying material for students.
- Also, the language used in the book. If you are fluent in English, it is ok! But those who need Telegu language books, select accordingly.
- Quantitative Aptitude or Arithmetic books should help you to sharpen problem-solving skills, easy shortcut methods, and equations, altogether explained the problems in a simpler logic
- It is important for the candidate to know the basics and current affairs related to the state of Telangana, so choose books covering the majority history of Telangana and that provide insights on the political condition, culture, and heritage of Telangana.
- While coming to language papers, the book should cover the grammar, vocabulary, and descriptive writing topics.
- The Mental ability or the Reasoning ability books should have topics of Verbal Reasoning covering topics like Puzzles, Coding-Decoding, Number Series, Letter Series, Blood Relations, Clerical Aptitude, Classification, Analogy, Clocks, Calendar, etc. And the Analytical Reasoning section including the Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Arguments, Course of Action, Cause & Effects.
- The PET and PMT is having equal importance for the selection process, so the guides will let you know the nutritional diet necessary for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle, following healthy eating and living.
- Follow balanced dietary guidelines along with the exercises in order to maintain a healthy and fit body to perform the necessary tasks.
- Also, the book should provide mock tests, more topic-related questions, and previous question papers to practice.
The 3-tier exam is held with the other posts like the Sub-inspector etc. The candidates applying for the TSLPRB Telangana Police Constable post should be between 18 to 22 years, with permissible age relaxations. Choosing the best book for preparation will help candidates to assess the Telangana Police Constable prelims and final examinations. Stay tuned to the Entri TSPSC page to get all further updates of the Telangana Police Constable exam 2021-22.
|Telangana Police Constable Exam Information Links|
|Telangana Police Constable Notification||Telangana Police Constable Mock Test|
|Telangana Police Constable Syllabus||Telangana Police Constable Video Course|
|Telangana Police Constable Exam date||Telangana Police Constable Study Materials|
|Telangana Police Constable Application Form||Telangana Police Constable Interview Questions|
|Telangana Police Constable Vacancy||Telangana Police Constable Job Profile|
|Telangana Police Constable Admit Card||Telangana Police Constable Salary|
|Telangana Police Constable Study Plan|
|Telangana Police Constable Previous Question Papers||Telangana Police Constable Result|
|Telangana Police Constable Answer key||Telangana Police Constable Cutoff|
|Telangana Police Constable Eligibility Criteria||Telangana Police Constable Exam Analysis|
|Telangana Police Constable Selection Process|