SSC CGL Tier-2 exam programme has kickstarted. Through the SSC CGL 2019 recruitment, the commission is selecting candidates towards 34 different posts across the central services. This Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) will fill up various Group “B” and Group “C” posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. So far the commission has updated 8582 vacant posts against the 2019 recruitment notification. The major vacancies are with the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Custom (CBIC) which counts 2,159 positions.
The candidates who will qualify this Tier-2 exam will appear for the Tier 3 which will be held in pen-and-paper mode. Now the commission successfully conducted the stage-2 of the recruitment process. Across India, nearly 1.5 lakh candidates have been shortlisted to attempt the SSC CGL Tier 2 exams. The Tier-2 tests were conducted from November 15, 2020, onwards till November 18 across the country in various shifts. Since the exams are over let’s discuss the questions and difficulty level for the SSC CGL Tier-II exam on the second day.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Analysis: November 15, 2020
The commission has shortlisted more than 1.5 lakh candidates from its preliminary stage exam for the Stage-II test.
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Paper||Number of Available Candidates|
|Paper 1 & 2||125279|
|Paper 1, 2 & 3
(For Junior Statistical Officer Post)
|Paper 1, 2 & 4
(For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer)
Let’s check the exam pattern before checking the analysis for the same. The SSC CGL Tier-2 exam pattern is:
|SL No||Subject/ Topic||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||02 hours|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||100||200||02 hours|
|3||Finance and Economics||100||200||02 hours|
- Statistics – Only for Junior Statistical Officer Posts.
- Finance and Economics – Only for Assistant Auditor and Accountant Posts.
SSC CGL 2020 Exam Analysis: Tier 2 Day 2
The candidates who have appeared on November 16, 2020 (Day-2) rated the paper as moderate and was similar to 2018 exam. The quantitative aptitude section as moderate, with more questions from the advanced mathematics topics. The English paper was much easier than the maths section and question format was similar to the previous day pattern.
|SL No||Topics||Number Of Questions||Level of difficulty|
|1||Percentage||5 to 6||Easy to Moderate|
|3||Time and Work, Pipe and Cistern||6||Easy-moderate|
|4||Profit and Loss, Discount||5||Easy to Moderate|
|5||Ratio, Mixture and Allegation||6||Easy|
|6||Time, Speed and Distance||4||Easy-moderate|
|7||Compound Intrest and Simple Interest||5 to 7||Moderate|
|9||Mensuration||10||Easy to Moderate|
|10||Trigonometry, Height and Distance||3||Moderate|
Some of the questions asked from this particular section are:
- A triangle was given side AB, BC, and CA with sides 6,8 and 9 respectively. The length of AB median is:
- (COS 18 + Sin 81) * Sec 9 + ( Sec 9+ Cosec 81 ) /Sin 56
- Internal and external radii of the cylinder were given 5 and 6 respectively. The total surface area is:
- 4x + y -6 =0, 2x +2y -5=0 these points intersects at P then the value of x and y is:
- A and B complete work in 15 days, B and C in 12 days, and C and 1 in 18 days if A world for 5 ay and B
works in 4 days then how much time C will take to complete the work?
- A triangle was given in which angle A is 48, O is the incenter in a circle then the angle between OBC:
- A man put cost price 25 % more than marked price, 35% discount was given, what will be profit or loss in
- A and B has a work efficiency in the ratio of 7:3 and completes the work in 12 days then, in how many days will A completes the 60% of the total work?
- The price of an item was 20% increased, then decreased 20 % and again the price was increased by x %. The overall increase was 10%. What will be that values of X?
- A triangle ABC was given in which AB value was 8, BC is 10 and AC is 9. AD is angle bisector at BAC then the value of BD is:
- A shopkeeper sells 150 kg of wheat at 20 % profit and the rest was sold at a 25% loss. Then the Overall profit or loss percentage is?
CGL Tier-2 Analysis November 15: English language
|SL NO||Topic||Number of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|1||Direct/ Indirect Conversion||23 to 24||Easy to Moderate|
|2||Reading Comprehension||30||Easy to Moderate|
|3||Active Voice and Passive voice||20||Easy|
|5||Error Spotting||20||Easy to Moderate|
|6||Cloze Test||25||Easy to Moderate|
|7||Fill In The Blanks||15-20||Easy|
|8||One Word Substitution||10-12||Moderate|
|9||Para Jumbles||18||Easy to Moderate|
|10||Idioms and Phrases||10 to 12||Moderate|
|11||Synonyms – Antonyms||5||Easy to Moderate|
|Good Attempt||185||Easy to Moderate|
Some of the questions asked in this section are:
- Idiom – To pull ones’ socks up, To give chapter and verse for a thing, Getting into a row, up to the mark, nine days wonder
- Synonym – Gradually, Crucial
- One word Substitution –
A study of sounds is known as, A style in which a writer makes the display of his knowledge, Emission of light or heat from a central point., Proposition made as a basis for reasoning without the assumption of its truth/ Facts, A four-wheeled carriage for a baby, pushed by a person on foot
- Correct spelling – Senescent, Flourish, Foreigner
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.