CTET (Central Teachers Eligibility Test) is a national level entrance exam for teachers in India. Candidates who aspire to become a teacher must attempt teacher eligibility test conducted by respective state/central government to work in a government institution that provides so many perks & benefits. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has released CTET 2020 in their official websites for recruitment of eligible teachers for Primary classes (1-5) and Elementary or Secondary classes (6-8). It is mandatory for all the candidates to clear the exam with at least 60% to qualify it. CTET exam is based on the National Curriculum Framework. CBSE conducts CTET exam twice a year until now but now it will be conducted only once in a year. The main objective of CTET is to bring national standard in teaching & to improve teachers performance standards. Qualified candidates can teach at central schools like KVS, NVS Army schools & others.
CTET 2020 Job Profile-Important Details
|Name of the Exam||Central Teachers Eligibility Test(CTET)|
|Exam conducting body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam date||July 5, 2020|
Importance of CTET Certification
Importance of CTET certification is given below-
- It is mandatory to have CTET certification if you dream to work in central government schools.
- Without CTET qualification you cannot work in central government schools.
- You can apply in schools like Kendra Vidyalaya schools (KVS), Navodhaya Vidyalaya Samithi Schools(NVS),Army schools etc.
- You can also apply for both PGT(Post Graduate Teachers) & TGT (Trained Graduate Teachers) posts if you have cleared both papers (paper-I and paper-II).
- Other than CBSE affiliated schools you can apply for some State govt. and private institutions teaching jobs.
- Even though every State conducts it’s own TET (Teachers Eligibility Test) exam CTET certification is considered all over India.
- Many Union Territories prefer only CTET qualified teacher in regular/contractual teachers recruitment.
CTET Certificate Validity period
CTET certificate remains valid for 7 years from the date of announcement of results. You can improve your marks by attempting again if you are not satisfied with the score. Also their is no restriction on number of attempts you can take.
CTET 2020-Job Responsibilities
Teachers are an important asset for the society. A teacher helps students to acquire knowledge, competence or virtue.They play an important role in the development of children’s. Teachers motivate,inspire & encourage students to be better persons.Job responsibility of teachers include the following-
- To have expert knowledge of the subject and must be up-to-date with current affairs & research in the specialized subject area.
- Include educational activities that promote physical,social and intellectual growth of students.
- Enhance learning abilities, good habits & discipline in children.
- Good communication skills.
- Educate based on national curriculum guidelines within your specialized subject.
- Encourage students participation in studies & co curricular activities
- Have Patience as there will be students who are from different backgrounds and have different abilities. Patience will help teachers to deal and understand the students.
- Report to parents about students progress and development regularly & suggest methods to be followed by parents.
- Maintain classroom records,cleanliness and orderliness.
- Ensure safe learning environment in classroom.
- Help students discover creativity.
- To provide opportunities for students to apply and practice what is learned.
- Promote Good social skills,leadership & civic responsibility.
CTET 2020-Scope & Career growth
CTET is a national recruitment process conducted by CBSE to recruit eligible teachers for primary,elementary and secondary classes level in Government schools or state govt. or private schools. You will have a very good career opportunity on clearing CTET as the government jobs provide you with a reputed job profile, job security & many other perks & allowances. Many opportunities are there when it comes to the job of primary teacher. Mostly primary teachers become headmaster of school before retirement.Once you get recruited as a teacher candidates has lot’s of opportunities ahead-
- Over the year candidates can even become headmaster of a primary/ secondary school.
- They can be promoted to the position of a senior teacher in a primary/secondary school.
- Assistant Teacher in a primary/secondary school.
- A Senior Teacher in Upper primary school.
- Principal in high grade schools.
Educational Eligibility required for CTET 2020
Before applying for CTET examination candidates must ensure whether they meet required eligibility criteria or not. In this article now let’s see the eligibility criteria-
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V,Primary Stage –
- Passed Senior Secondary / its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Candidates with Senior Secondary /its equivalent with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Senior Secondary /its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
- Senior Secondary /its equivalent) with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree-
NB:- Candidates with B.Ed degree from any NCTE (National council for Teachers Education) recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided they must undergo mandatory six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two year of appointment as primary teacher.
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage
- Graduation in any stream and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Graduation in any stream with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation in any stream with minimum 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Senior Secondary /its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
- Senior Secondary /its equivalent with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Graduation with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- Any candidate having qualified B.Ed. Programme recognized by the NCTE is eligible to appear in TET/CTET.
Click here for CTET 2020 Official Notification.
Click here for CTET Study Materials.
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.
|CTET Exam Information Links|
|CTET Notification||CTET Mock Test|
|CTET Syllabus||CTET Video Course|
|CTET Exam date||CTET Study Materials|
|CTET Application Form||CTET Interview Questions|
|CTET Vacancy||CTET Answer key|
|CTET Admit Card||CTET Salary|
|CTET Study Plan||CTET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|CTET Previous Question Papers||CTET Result|
|CTET Best Books||CTET Cutoff|
|CTET Eligibility Criteria||CTET Exam Analysis|
|CTET Selection Process|