The CTET test is a highly competitive one for hiring teachers. It is carried out for all disciplines. Candidates are urged to read some standard and advanced literature to gain an advantage due to the high level of competition. The most highly recommended CTET books for students to better prepare for the CTET 2022 are those from Mcgraw Hill Education and A Complete Resource for CTET.
The exam is conducted at two levels on a single day in separate sessions in over 2935 CTET Exam Centers. The exam is of two and a half hour duration and the question paper will be bilingual (Hindi and English). CTET qualifiers will get recruited in various schools run by the central government, schools under the control of UT’s, private schools, schools owned and managed by the state government/local bodies. CTET Eligibility Certificate will be valid for 7 years from the declaration of the result which will be given to candidates scoring more than 60%.
CTET Preparation for Language I and II
Usually, language 1 is the Local Language used by you and Language II is the Second Language used by people for Communication.
How to Prepare for CTET Language I?
- The medium of instruction (language which is used to give instructions in classes) proficiency will be checked in the language I section.
- A lot of practice is needed to master the language I section.
- The language I is usually the regional language, in our case, it is Hindi selected by most of the candidates.
- Online test series must be practiced to excel in the section.
- Time management and planning must be done to improve the performance of the section.
- Two unseen passages will be asked- one will be prose and other the drama. Prose question can be literally, scientific, narrative or discursive.
- One question will come on the basis of a poem given in the question paper.
- Inference based questions will be asked.
- Questions on grammar and verbal ability.
How to Prepare for CTET Language II?
- Language II is the second primary language used in the region.
- Questions will be similar in pattern to the language I.
- Questions will be asked to test the grammatical skills in language II.
- Two unseen prose questions will come, which can be discursive, literary, narrative or scientific.
Common Tips for Both Languages
- Do a lot of practice in order to excel in the language.
- Buy a basic grammar book and learn about the various parts of speeches for both part I and part II.
- Regular reading is an important habit for both languages I and language II.
- Read the syllabus guidelines carefully before jumping to the practice.
- Do practical training for the teaching methods, so you can answer the questions innovatively.
CTET Books 2022-23: How to Select Suitable Books?
Candidates must ensure that the books they are choosing cover the complete course. There shouldn’t be any gaps in it. Other factors that should be taken into account when choosing the books include:
- Before purchasing a book, make sure to check the year of publication. Always suggest using the most recent edition.
- The book’s language need to be simple and understandable. Avoid reading books with a difficult language.
- Before purchasing the book, consult the index and the contents. It would be detrimental to judge it based just on the appealing cover.
- Candidates should buy books with sample test questions in them.
CTET Exam Books for Child Pedagogy and Development Section
The following table consists of all the important books for the Child Pedagogy section of the paper. Candidates are advised to check these books and decide the most suitable book for them.
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy||Pearson Education|
|Child Development & Pedagogy: Paper 1 & 2 of CTET||By Shalini Punjabi (Disha Publications)|
|CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II)||Arihant Publications|
|Child Development & Pedagogy for CTET & STET (Hindi)||Disha publications|
Books for CTET Language I and Language II
Following table consists of all the important books for the Language section of the exam. Candidates are advised to check these books and decide the most suitable book for them.
|Study Package for CTET||Mcgraw Hill Education|
|Study Guide for CTET Paper 1 – English||Disha Publication|
|CTET & TETs English Language Paper I & II||ARIHANT|
Books for CTET Mathematics
|CTET Central Teachers Eligibility Test CBSE Syllabus Teachers from Classes VI to VIII Mathematics & Science||Sura College of Competition|
|Class Notes of Maths||Rakesh Yadav Publication|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy||Pearson Education|
|CTET/STETs: Paper-II||Ramesh Publishing House|
Books for CTET Environmental Studies
Following table consists of all the important books for the Environmental Studies section of the paper. Candidates are advised to check these books and decide the most suitable book for them.
|CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy||Arihant|
|Environmental Studies (EVS)||WILEY|
|UPTET & CTET ENVIRONMENTAL Studies||Youth Competition Times|
|Teacher Eligibility Test Environmental Studies||Upkar Prakashan|
Books for Preparation of CTET Science
Following table consists of all the important books for the Science section of the paper. Candidates are advised to check these books and decide the most suitable book for them.
|CTET & TETs for Class VI-VIII||Arihant Publications|
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) Paper II (Mathematics & Science)||Sura College of Competition|
|CTET & TETs Paper-II for Class VI-VIII MATHS & SCIENCE||Arihant Publications|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017||Arihant publications|
|CTET Success Master Science||Arihant Publications|
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Science and Pedagogy||Pearson|
Books for CTET Social Science
Following table consists of all the important books for the Social Science section of the paper. Candidates are advised to check these books and decide the most suitable book for them.
|CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper II: Social Science Teacher Selection (For Class VI – VIII)||Access Publishing|
|15 Practice Sets CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Paper II Social Studies/Science Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII||Arihant|
|Wiley’s CTET Exam Goalpost, Paper II, Social Studies / Social Science, Class VI-VIII, 2017: Solved Papers & Mock Tests with Complete Solutions||Wiley|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science 2017||Arihant|
To give your preparation an edge over other candidates, start your preparation right away with these meticulously prepared CTET Test Series by the Testbook experts. These have been prepared while keeping in mind the latest exam trends & difficulty level. Follow the link given below & start practicing NOW!
|CTET Exam Information Links|
|CTET Notification||CTET Mock Test|
|CTET Syllabus||CTET Video Course|
|CTET Exam date||CTET Study Materials|
|CTET Application Form||CTET Interview Questions|
|CTET Vacancy||CTET Job Profile|
|CTET Admit Card||CTET Salary|
|CTET Study Plan||CTET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|CTET Previous Question Papers||CTET Result|
|CTET Answer key||CTET Cutoff|
|CTET Eligibility Criteria||CTET Exam Analysis|
|CTET Selection Process|