CTET is conducted on a national level to recruit teachers at the primary and elementary level in central government schools across India. This year, CTET 2020 is scheduled to be held in the month of July 05th, 2020 in offline mode. Candidates studying for the entrance exam should take help from best CTET 2020 books to make their preparation smooth and hassle-free. While NCERT books are considered best for clearing the basic concepts of CTET syllabus, there are some other good books as well that are available for CTET preparation.
The exam is conducted at two levels on a single day in separate sessions in over 2935 CTET Exam Centers. The exam is of two and a half hour duration and the question paper will be bilingual (Hindi and English). CTET qualifiers will get recruited in various schools run by the central government, schools under the control of UT’s, private schools, schools owned and managed by the state government/local bodies. CTET Eligibility Certificate will be valid for 7 years from the declaration of the result which will be given to candidates scoring more than 60%.
CTET Preparation for Language I and II
Usually, language 1 is the Local Language used by you and Language II is the Second Language used by people for Communication.
How to Prepare for CTET Language I?
- The medium of instruction (language which is used to give instructions in classes) proficiency will be checked in the language I section.
- A lot of practice is needed to master the language I section.
- The language I is usually the regional language, in our case, it is Hindi selected by most of the candidates.
- Online test series must be practiced to excel in the section.
- Time management and planning must be done to improve the performance of the section.
- Two unseen passages will be asked- one will be prose and other the drama. Prose question can be literally, scientific, narrative or discursive.
- One question will come on the basis of a poem given in the question paper.
- Inference based questions will be asked.
- Questions on grammar and verbal ability.
How to Prepare for CTET Language II?
- Language II is the second primary language used in the region.
- Questions will be similar in pattern to the language I.
- Questions will be asked to test the grammatical skills in language II.
- Two unseen prose questions will come, which can be discursive, literary, narrative or scientific.
Common Tips for Both Languages
- Do a lot of practice in order to excel in the language.
- Buy a basic grammar book and learn about the various parts of speeches for both part I and part II.
- Regular reading is an important habit for both languages I and language II.
- Read the syllabus guidelines carefully before jumping to the practice.
- Do practical training for the teaching methods, so you can answer the questions innovatively.
How to Select the Best Books for CTET 2020 Preparation
Candidates preparing for CTET 2020 must consider few points so that they can select the right set of books. Given below are few pointers that can help the candidates to select the best book for CTET 2020:
- While choosing books for CTET 2020, candidates should check the year of publication of the book.
- Candidates should read from the books that are written in easy language so that one can understand the concepts easily and in a better manner.
- Before buying the best book for CTET 2020 entrance exam preparation, aspirants must not judge a book by its cover. A book might have a great cover, but the content is written inside might not be useful to you. Therefore, before choosing the books, always refer to the index and content of the book.
- To get updated contents and information of examination, candidates must go for the latest edition of the book. Also, check that the book covers the whole CTET 2020 syllabus.
- To get a detailed analysis of the entrance exam preparation, candidates should choose a book that has CTET sample papers, previous years’ question papers, and model papers.
Best Books for CTET 2020 Preparation
CTET entrance exam has two Papers – CTET Paper I and CTET Paper II
- Paper I is conducted for the candidates who are interested in teaching classes I to V (Primary Level).
- Paper-II is conducted for the candidates who are interested in teaching classes from VI to VIII (Elementary Level).
Best Books for CTET 2020 Paper I
- CTET & TETs for Class I-V Mathematics & Pedagogy by Arihant Experts for Mathematics
- CTET & TETs Child Development & Pedagogy (Paper I & II) by Arihant Experts for Child Development and Pedagogy (for both Paper I and Paper II)
- CTET & TETs Environmental Studies & Pedagogy Class I-V by Arihant Experts for Environmental Studies
Best Books for CTET 2020 Paper II
- CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Maths & Science by Arihant Experts for Science/Mathematics teachers).
- A Complete Resource for CTET: Child Development and Pedagogy by Sandeep Kumar for Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory) (for both Paper I and II).
- CTET Success Master Science Social/Studies Paper-II for Class VI-VIII by Arihant Experts for social science/social studies teachers.
Other Books for CTET 2020 Preparation
Some of the other books that CTET aspirants should consider to crack the entrance exam are listed in the below:
|A Complete Resource for CTET: Science and Pedagogy by Yukti Sharma||CTET Success Master – Paper I Teacher Selection for Class I to V|
|CTET & TETs for class 6-8 Mathematics& Pedagogy by Arihant Experts||Child Development & Pedagogy by Disha Publication|
|CTET & TETs Solved Papers – Paper I Teacher Selection for Class I to V||CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Success Master Paper – 2 with Solved Papers Maths & Science – By Arihant Experts|
|CTET Central Teacher Eligibility Test Practice Workbook Mathematics and Science by Disha Experts||A Complete Resource for CTET: Mathematics and Pedagogy by Haneet Gandhi|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations, Edition: 7 by R.S. Aggarwal||Child Development & Pedagogy by Arihant Publication|
|CTET Success Master Paper-II Teacher Selection for Class VI-VIII Social Studies/Science||Hindi Language by Arihant Publication|
|CTET & TETs English Language Paper I & II||Environmental Studies by Wiley Publication|
|CTET & TETs Solved Papers – Paper II Teacher Selection for Class VI to VIII Social Studies/Science||Child Development & Pedagogy: Paper 1 & 2 of CTET – By Shalini Punjabi|
The registration process and Exam Pattern for CTET
The exam pattern defines everything. CTET is all India examination for Central teacher government job.
It is conducted all over India at different allocated places. The exam is conducted through offline mode.
First of all, the registrations are made open on the official website. The online forms can be easily filled by the candidate with signature.
The admit cards are made ready before 10 days of the exam. All the related information is also available on the official website.
The candidate has to enroll for Paper 1 in the beginning and after completely passing the exam (60% marks) one can also enroll for Paper 2.
CTET Test Series
To give your preparation an edge over other candidates, start your preparation right away with these meticulously prepared CTET Test Series by the Testbook experts. These have been prepared while keeping in mind the latest exam trends & difficulty level. Follow the link given below & start practicing NOW!
|CTET Exam Information Links|
|CTET Notification||CTET Mock Test|
|CTET Syllabus||CTET Video Course|
|CTET Exam date||CTET Study Materials|
|CTET Application Form||CTET Interview Questions|
|CTET Vacancy||CTET Job Profile|
|CTET Admit Card||CTET Salary|
|CTET Study Plan||CTET Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|CTET Previous Question Papers||CTET Result|
|CTET Answer key||CTET Cutoff|
|CTET Eligibility Criteria||CTET Exam Analysis|
|CTET Selection Process|