The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)usually conducts recruitment examinations to posts like- Probationary Officer(PO), Clerk, Specialist Officer, and RRB. The workforce strengthening is done every year and aspirants can have more fortune for their dream job. Prior to the application procedure and preparations for the exam, it is a must that candidates should know about the allotment process in detail. In this blog we will discuss about IBPS Allocation Process.
Click Here To Attempt a Free IBPS PO Sectional Mock Test
IBPS: Examination Procedures
- The examination will be conducted online. There are two phases – Prelims and Mains.
- The examination will consist of Objective Type Questions.
- Total time assigned to complete the Prelims Exam is 120 minutes for 150 questions. For Mains, exam duration is 45 minutes.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- According to IBPS Selection Procedure 2019, there will be different cut off marks for all the categories.
Candidates must qualify in this common written exam with the minimum cut off for appearing in next stage of IBPS recruitment.
IBPS: Interview Process
In the second phase, candidates directly enters the next stage of IBPS Selection Procedure i.e. Personnel Interview.
- A candidate will get a call letter, after getting selected for Interview. This IBPS Interview Call Letter can be downloaded from the official website of IBPS.
- Participated Banks and IBPS will be responsible for conducting Interview. Candidates are suggested to read IBPS SO Interview Questions & Tips to know the interview process closely.
- Total Marks allotted for the Interview is 100.
- Candidates must get qualifying marks in interview to get selected for the Provisional Allotment.
- The minimum qualification marks should not be less than 40% for General category and 35% for SC/ST/OBC & PWD (These are the estimated percentages).
Attempt Live Mock Test to Ace your Preparation!
IBPS: Documents Required for the Interview Process
- Print out of valid Interview Call Letter.
- Print out of valid IBPS PO Form.
- Date of Birth Proof (Birth Certificate or SSLC/ Standard X Certificate with Date of Birth).
- Identity Proof.
- All Important certificates related to your educational qualification.
- Cast Certificate issued by competent authority, in case of SC/ST/OBC categories.
- In case of Persons with Disability (PwD) category, you need to carry a Disability Certificate issued by District Medical Board.
- Candidates who are currently serving in Government Departments are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview.
- Persons who are eligible for age relaxation, must bring a certificate regarding the same in the interview.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate must submit a relieve certificate.
- Apart from these, keep your Computer Literacy Certificate, Two Passport-Size Photos & PAN Card handy.
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the interview, if they do not produce all the above-mentioned documents during the document verification round of IBPS SO Selection Process 2019.
- There is a Document Verification counter at your venue of IBPS SO Interview. Every candidate has to go through strict Document Verification Process for IBPS Specialist Officer Job.
IBPS: Provisional Allotment
Once the process of Interview is completed, candidates will be shortlisted for the IBPS Provisional Allotment.
- The allotment will be done based on merit list and preference order of the candidates.
- Candidates who scores same marks will be listed in the merit list as per their Date of Birth. Candidate who is elder from the other one will be chosen by organisation as per the prevailing practice.
- As per the IBPS Selection Procedure, provisional allotments will be done based on the available vacancies and keeping in view the spirit of Government guidelines on reservation policy.
- Provisionally allotted candidates can be posted anywhere in India as per the direction of IBPS Participating Organizations.
- No request for change shall be accepted after making provisional allotment to participating organization.
- A reserve list will be carried out for the candidates in case of an extend in number of vacancies and recruiting agency have the right to cancel and reallot organisation, depending on exigencies.
IBPS: Final Allotment
- Merit List is prepared by adding marks of written test and interview, after giving 80% weightage to Written Marks and 20% weightage to Interview Marks.
- For example, if you scored 75 marks (out of 200) in written test, then first convert these marks to be out of 80 i.e. (75/200)x80 = 30
- Similarly, if you score 60 Marks (out of 100) in interview, first it will be converted to be out of 20 i.e. (60/100)*20 = 12
- Now, both written test score and interview scores will be added. So, in case of above example, your combined score will be 30+12 = 42
- Now, a merit will be prepared on the basis of above combined score.
- Parallely, IBPS takes requirement from all participating banks, as in the number of vacancies in the
respective banks (category wise).
Now, suppose there are total 20,000 vacancies in IBPS PO III, which will be further divided into various categories like General, OBC, SC, SC etc. At this stage cut-off marks (or cut-off merit rank) will be decided for each category depending on the number of vancacies for each category. Suppose, there are 5400 vacancies for OBC, then cut-off marks (for OBC) will be decided so that only 5400 OBC candidates are above that score and so on.
Now, all these candidates, who are above the cut-off score, in each category, will be picked one by one (irrespective of their category), in order of merit (top scorer picked first and least scorer picked last) and allocation will happen vis-a-vis the bank preference filled by each candidate (remember, you had filled the preference of banks at the time of filling the IBPS form online).
Allocations in case of general candidates are simple – candidates are allocated a bank as per candidate preference and as per the availability. Allocation software picks a Candidates depending on his rank in the merit, checks whether a seat is available in the bank, which the candidate has marked as first choice in the preference list (Bank). If a seat is available, allocation is done otherwise, software checks for the second preference of the candidate and so on. Remember, General category candidates are eligible to get a seat from Unreserved Seats only.
In case of OBC, SC/ST and other reserved category candidates, first the candidates is picked on the basis of his/her rank in the overall merit (irrespective of category). Then allocation software looks for his first preference of Bank. In the process, first the software sees if the candidate can get his first preference of bank as per his rank in General Category. If he can get, then allocation is done, otherwise, software checks if the candidate can get the allocation as per his rank in his reserved category (OBC/SC/ST etc). If a seat is available then allocation is done, otherwise, software looks for second preference (bank) of the candidate. Again, first software tries to do the allocation as per his overall Rank and then as per his rank in his reserved category. One should remember, each bank has a predefined number of seats for reserved and unreserved candidates.
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Banking Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials.Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
Discussion about this post