SBI PO 2022 notification: Each year, the State Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates to fill the vacant posts as probationary officers across India. SBI PO notification is the much-anticipated recruitment process for those who wish to pursue a career in the banking sector. Heavy paycheck and job security will add glamour to this position. Every year lakhs of candidates are applying for this post. Eligible graduates can apply against the 2022 SBI PO notification through the official website as and when the recruitment begins. Let’s check the important details regarding the official notification. Read further to know all about the SBI PO recruitment 2022 and the official SBI PO Notification
SBI PO Notification 2022
The much-awaited SBI PO 2022 notification is out now in the official web portal. Graduates below 30 years can now apply for the SBI Probationary Officer recruitment as soon as possible from now. Know everything about the SBI PO recruitment 2022.
Mode Of Exam
|Rs 41,960/- (Increment in 4 stages)|
SBI PO Exam Date 2022
From the notification date, there will be a 20-day window for the candidates to complete their applications. Let’s check the dates for SBI PO 2022. Here are the SBI PO notification 2022 expected date.
|SBI PO Activity||Dates|
|SBI PO Notification 2021||04th October 2021|
|Online Registration Starts From||05th October 2021|
|Last date for SBI PO Apply Online||25th October 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||25th October 2021|
|PET Call Letter||1st week of November 2021|
|Conduct Pre- Examination Training||2nd week of November 2021|
|Download Admit Card for Prelims Exam||1st or 2nd week of November 2021|
|SBI PO Exam Date- Preliminary||November/December 2021|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||December 2021|
|Download of Call letter for Mains Exam||December 2021|
|SBI PO Exam Date – Mains||December 2021|
|Result of Online Examination – Main||January 2022|
|Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||1st or 2nd week of February 2022|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||2nd or 3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result||February/March 2022|
SBI PO Vacancy 2022
Even though the SBI has not released the official vacancy details for the 2022 recruitment, here is a look at the vacancy of the year 2020. All the candidates shall expect a similar trend in SBI PO Vacancy 2022.
Number of Vacancies
Scheduled Tribes (ST)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Environmentally Weaker Section (EWS)
Learning Disability (LD)
Visual Impairment (VI)
Hearing Impaired (HI)
20 ( Backlog 53)
Specific Learning Disability, Mental Illness, Multiple Disabilities (D & E)
SBI PO Salary 2022
As per the notification, the starting basic pay of a Probationary Officer (PO) is Rs 41,960/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical, and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on a CTC basis be a minimum of 8.20 lacs and a maximum of 13.08 lacs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022
SBI PO Age Limit
Applicants must be above 21 years and below 30 years as on the date mentioned by the board. However, age relaxations as per the government norms are applicable.
- Relaxation in Upper age limit shall be as below:
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
Persons With Benchmark Disabilities: PWD (SC/ ST)
Persons With Benchmark Disabilities: PWD (OBC)
Persons With Benchmark Disabilities: PWD (Gen/ EWS)
Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalided.
Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
Candidates with a record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues / or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment.
Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse report regarding character and antecedents, moral turpitude is not eligible to apply for the SBI PO application.
SBI PO Education Qualification 2022
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
SBI PO Application Form 2022
The online application process for SBI PO Exam 2021-22 will start from 05th October 2021 onwards. As per the SBI PO notification 2021, the online registration process for SBI PO 2021 exam will be active from 05th to 25th October 2021. Before proceeding with the registration and application process, all candidates are requested to go through the complete guide for the SBI PO Online Application.
How to Apply for SBI PO Exam 2022?
The State Bank of India PO recruitment process is completely an online process. The one and only mode of application are through the SBI online application portal. To apply online for the SBI PO 2022, follow the below-given steps:
- To visit the SBI career page, to check the latest recruitment notifications, Click Here.
- Click on the Latest Announcements.
- Click on the SBI PO 2021 Apply Online.
- On the newly popped up tab, Click on the registration link.
- Provide your basic personal details like name, age, DOB, address, email id, and contact number.
- Once you are successfully completed registration, you will get a “Username and Password” combination to complete your application.
- Log in to the application page and complete your education qualifications and work experience details and click on the Submit tab.
- You will be directed towards the payment window, click on the means through which you wish to pay the fees, and pay the fees.
- The photograph should be in the dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) with size between 20 kb–50 kb.
- You should also upload your signature, signed on white paper using black ink. The image size should be 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) and between 10 kb to 20 kb.
- candidates can edit their saved application form (if required) by using their registration number and password. Please note, this facility will be available only three times.
- Your applications are completed once you paid the applicable fees. The payment can be made by using a debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
The number of attempts will be applicable and counted from the year 2010 onwards. If you qualify the Preliminary examination and appear in Mains, then only prelims attempt will be counted as a chance. The number of changes varies according to the different categories as given below:
|Category||Number of Chances|
|SC/ ST||No Restriction|
|SC (PWD)/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO Selection Procedure Important Points
The candidates should keep in mind the following points related to the SBI PO selection process:
• Biometric Verification: To ensure an error-free and secure selection procedure for SBI PO 2022, the bank may digitally capture the thumb impression of the candidate. This is done to verify the genuineness of the candidates. Any inconsistency in the biometric verification will lead to rejection of the candidature and punitive legal actions. Candidates are thus advised not to apply any kind of external matter like ink, Mehandi, chemical, etc. on their hands.
SBI PO Application Fee 2022
The category-wise fee structure for SBI PO online application is given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can they be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD category candidates is Nil and Rs. 750/ for General and other categories candidates. The application fee must be paid online itself. To know more check the complete guide for the SBI PO Application
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 750/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Apply Online Link for SBI PO Exam 2022
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022
The selection process consists of two stages of COMPUTER BASED TESTS (CBT) following the group discussions and the interview. The candidates can check the exam pattern for the prelims exam and mains exam here. If you are planning to apply for the exam, then start your preparations too. The candidates can refer to the complete SBI PO exam pattern and syllabus before starting their preparation plan.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
Here is the prelims exam pattern for the SBI PO exam 2022
|SL.No.||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
- There will be no sectional cut-off.
- There will be .25 marks negative marks for each wrong answer.
- The marks scored in the Preliminary Examination will be of qualifying nature and it will not consider for the final merit list for selection.
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern 2022
Check here for the mains exam pattern for the SBI PO exam 2022
- The Main Examination itself has two parts; the Computer Based Test (CBT) (200 marks ), and Descriptive Test (50 marks).
- The Descriptive Test will be for 30 minutes, 50 marks. Questions will be to test the candidate’s knowledge in the ENGLISH language. So the questions will be either Letter writing or Essay.
|SL.No.||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Data Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General Knowledge + Economy + Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
- There will be no sectional cut-off. There will be .25 marks negative marks for each wrong answer.
Group Exercise and Interview
Group discussion and the interview phase is the final phase. The candidates need to focus more in this phase and ensure to grab the attention, not with the knowledge alone, but with the perfect mixture of performance. The candidates will be evaluated in terms of their performance as a group member.
- The Group Exercise will be for 20 marks and the Interview is for 30 marks.
- The marks scored in the Stage 02 Main Examination (both in the CBT and the Descriptive Test), will be added with the marks scored in the Group Exercise, and Interview for preparing the final merit list.
- The candidate’s score in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and that of the Group Exercises, and Interview scores (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. So the final merit list marks will be out of 100 marks.
SBI PO Syllabus 2022
Let’s check the SBI PO exam syllabus for each category.
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Direction sense
- Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Profit and Loss
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest, and
- Surds and Indices
- Work and Time
- Time and Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio and Proportion, Percentage
- Number Systems
- Sequence and Series
- Permutation, Combination, and Probability
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
- Basics of Computer
- Hardware and software
- Operating system
- MS Word and MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Keyboard SHortcuts
- Generation of Computer’s
- The internet, Networks etc.
- Computer Abbreviation
- Basics of Logic Gates
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Banking Terminologies
- Reserve Bank of India and its functions
- Different Regulatory bodies: SEBI, IRDA, etc
- Repo rate, Reverse repo rate, CLR ratio, etc
- Indian banking System
- Indian and International Finance System
- Types of Loans, Accounts
- Inflation, reasons
- Financial Inclusion, Green banking
- Small banking systems
- Important Bank and Finance Acts
- Banking and Financial Reforms in India
- Mutual funds
- Stock exchanges
- Banking Ombudsman
- Non-performing Assets
- CIBIL Score
- Money Laundering and Anti-Money Laundering
SBI PO Exam Centres
The SBI PO Prelims exam centres are:
|State Code||Exam Centres for Prelims Exam||State/ UT|
|11||Port Blair||Andaman & Nicobar|
|12||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Andhra Pradesh|
|13||Itanagar, Naharlagun||Arunachal Pradesh|
|14||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar Tezpur||Assam|
|15||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan||Bihar|
|17||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|19||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Gujarat|
|20||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal, Sonipat, Yamunanagar||Haryana|
|21||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una||Himachal Pradesh|
|22||Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar||Jammu & Kashmir|
|23||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jharkhand|
|24||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi||Karnataka|
|25||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Trichur, Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala|
|27||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Madhya Pradesh|
|28||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara||Maharashtra|
|33||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon||Delhi -NCR|
|34||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Odisha|
|36||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur||Punjab|
|37||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Rajasthan|
|39||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thoothukodi, Vellore||Tamilnadu|
|40||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal||Telangana|
|42||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bulandshahar, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Unnao, Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|43||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee||Uttarakhand|
|44||Asansol, Berhampur (West Bengal), Bardhaman, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri||West Bengal|
SBI PO Selection Process 2022
The candidates who are appearing for the SBI PO exam have to go through the prelims exam, mains exam as well as the interview phase. The initial phase is the prelims exam and the candidates who are qualified from the prelims exam will be taken for the mains exam. The candidates who qualify from the mains exam will be called for the group discussion phase and the interview phase. Know the complete SBI PO recruitment process here
- Prelims Exam
- Mains Exam
- Group Discussion/Interview
SBI PO Admit Card 2022
The candidates will receive the admit card for the SBI PO exam prior to the exam. The candidates can download the admit card from the official website. Once, the admit card is released, it will be notified in the official website. The candidates can frequently check the release of admit card in the official website. If you wish to get the updates regarding the SBI PO admit card 2022 click here
SBI PO Result 2022
SBI PO result will be published after the exam. The candidates can check the official website to know more about the result once it is released. The result updates will be provided here. Click here to know more about the SBI PO result 2022
SBI PO Question Papers
Click here to download SBI PO previous year question paper free pdfs for your practice. Try to solve them, keeping the time limit. We will update more previous year question papers on the upcoming days.
- SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2006: SBI PO 2006
- SBI PO 2015 Preliminary Exam: SBI PO Prelims 2015
- SBI PO Prelims Exam 2017: SBI PO 2017 Preliminary Exam
- SBI PO 2018 Preliminary Exam: SBI PO Prelims 2018
SBI PO Cutoff 2022
SBI PO Previous Year 2019 Cutoff score for Prelims exam
|Category||Cut-off Score (Out of 100 marks)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||68.25|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||68.25|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||61.75|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||54.75|
SBI PO Previous Year 2019 Cutoff score for Mains exam
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 250 Marks)|
SBI PO Exam Analysis 2022
To help candidates get an idea of the exam level, questions, difficulty level and good attempts of the SBI PO exam, we are providing here the overall and section-wise exam analysis & review of the SBI PO 2020-21 Prelims Exam of all the shifts held online on 4th, 5th & 6th January 2022. The SBI PO Prelims exam was conducted online in the Objective type MCQ format.
Quantitative Aptitude: The Quantitative Aptitude section was of a moderate to difficult level with the questions lengthy and time-consuming. Check the table below to know the detailed analysis of the Quant section:
|Topic||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Missing No. Series||5||Moderate|
|Miscellaneous Word Problems||10||Moderate|
Reasoning Ability: The Reasoning Ability section was time-consuming and of an easy to moderate difficulty level. Check the table below to know the detailed analysis of the Reasoning section:
|Topics||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Puzzles and Seating Arrangement||20||Moderate|
|Direction Sense Test||3||Moderate|
English Language: The English Language section was of an easy difficulty level. Check the table below to know detailed analysis of English section::
|Topic||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level|
|Match the following based Sentence Formation||2||Easy|
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.