Each year, the State Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates to fill the vacant posts as probationary officers across India. SBI PO notification is the much-anticipated recruitment process for those who wish to pursue a career in the banking sector. Heavy paycheck and job security will add glamour to this position. Every year lakhs of candidates are applying for this post. Eligible graduates can apply against the 2021 SBI PO notification through the official website as and when the recruitment begins. Let’s check the important details regarding the official notification.
SBI PO Notification 2021
The much-awaited SBI PO 2021 notification will be out soon in the official web portal. Graduates below 30 years can now apply for the SBI Probationary Officer recruitment as and when the notification is out.
Important Dates SBI PO 2021
From the notification date, there will be a 20-day window for the candidates to complete their applications. Let’s check the tentative dates for SBI PO 2021.
|SL No||Exams Events||Tentative Dates|
|1||SBI PO 2021 Notification||September 2021|
|2||Application Period||September to October 2021|
|3||SBI PO 2021 Preliminary Examination||November 2021|
|4||SBI PO Exam Result- Preliminary||Yet to release|
|5||SBI PO Main Exam||January 2022|
|6||SBI PO Mains Result||Yet to release|
|7||Group Exercise, and Personal Interview||February/ March 2022|
SBI PO Vacancy
Even though the SBI has not released the official vacancy details for the 2021 recruitment, here is a look at the vacancy of the year 2020. All the candidates shall expect a similar trend in SBI PO Vacancy 2021.
Number of Vacancies
Scheduled Tribes (ST)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
Environmentally Weaker Section (EWS)
Learning Disability (LD)
Visual Impairment (VI)
Hearing Impaired (HI)
20 ( Backlog 53)
Specific Learning Disability, Mental Illness, Multiple Disabilities (D & E)
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The selection process consists of two stages of COMPUTER BASED TESTS (CBT) following the group discussions and the interview.
Stage 1: SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
|SL.No.||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
- There will be no sectional cut-off.
- There will be .25 marks negative marks for each wrong answer.
- The marks scored in the Preliminary Examination will be of qualifying nature and it will not consider for the final merit list for selection.
Stage 2: SBI PO Prelims Main Exam Pattern
- The Main Examination itself has two parts; the Computer Based Test (CBT) (200 marks ), and Descriptive Test (50 marks).
- The Descriptive Test will be for 30 minutes, 50 marks. Questions will be to test the candidate’s knowledge in the ENGLISH language. So the questions will be either Letter writing or Essay.
|SL.No.||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Data Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General Knowledge + Economy + Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
- There will be no sectional cut-off. There will be .25 marks negative marks for each wrong answer.
Stage 3: Group Exercise and Interview
- The Group Exercise will be for 20 marks and the Interview is for 30 marks.
- The marks scored in the Stage 02 Main Examination (both in the CBT and the Descriptive Test), will be added with the marks scored in the Group Exercise, and Interview for preparing the final merit list.
- The candidate’s score in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and that of the Group Exercises, and Interview scores (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25 marks. So the final merit list marks will be out of 100 marks.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Applicants must be above 21 years and below 30 years as on the date mentioned by the board. However, age relaxations as per the government norms are applicable.
- Relaxation in Upper age limit shall be as below:
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
Persons With Benchmark Disabilities: PWD (SC/ ST)
Persons With Benchmark Disabilities: PWD (OBC)
Persons With Benchmark Disabilities: PWD (Gen/ EWS)
Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalided.
Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
Candidates with record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues / or against whose name adverse report of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment.
Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse report regarding character and antecedents, moral turpitude is not eligible to apply for the SBI PO application.
SBI PO Application Procedure
The State Bank of India PO recruitment process is completely an online process. The one and only mode of application are through the SBI online application portal. To apply online for the SBI PO 2021, follow the below-given steps:
- To visit the SBI career page, to check the latest recruitment notifications, Click Here.
- Click on the Latest Announcements.
- Click on the SBI PO 2021 Apply Online.
- On the newly popped up tab, Click on the registration link.
- Provide your basic personal details like name, age, DOB, address, email id, and contact number.
- Once you are successfully completed registration, you will get a “Username and Password” combination to complete your application.
- Log in to the application page and complete your education qualifications and work experience details and click on the Submit tab.
- You will be directed towards the payment window, click on the means through which you wish to pay the fees and pay the fees.
- The photograph should be in the dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred) with size between 20 kb–50 kb.
- You should also upload your signature, signed on white paper using black ink. The image size should be 140 x 60 pixels (preferred) and between 10 kb to 20 kb.
- candidates can edit their saved application form (if required) by using their registration number and password. Please note, this facility will be available only three times.
- Your applications are completed once you paid the applicable fees. The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
|SL No||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ ST/ PWD||Nil|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 750/- (Application Fee including intimation charges)|
The number of attempts will be applicable and counted from the year 2010 onwards. If you qualify the Preliminary examination and appear in Mains, then only prelims attempt will be counted as a chance. The number of changes varies according to the different categories as given below:
|Category||Number of Chances|
|SC/ ST||No Restriction|
|SC (PWD)/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO Syllabus
Let’s check the SBI PO exam syllabus for each category.
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Direction sense
- Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Profit and Loss
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest, and
- Surds and Indices
- Work and Time
- Time and Distance
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio and Proportion, Percentage
- Number Systems
- Sequence and Series
- Permutation, Combination, and Probability
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
- Basics of Computer
- Hardware and software
- Operating system
- MS Word and MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Keyboard SHortcuts
- Generation of Computer’s
- The internet, Networks etc.
- Computer Abbreviation
- Basics of Logic Gates
General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- Banking Terminologies
- Reserve Bank of India and its functions
- Different Regulatory bodies: SEBI, IRDA, etc
- Repo rate, Reverse repo rate, CLR ratio, etc
- Indian banking System
- Indian and International Finance System
- Types of Loans, Accounts
- Inflation, reasons
- Financial Inclusion, Green banking
- Small banking systems
- Important Bank and Finance Acts
- Banking and Financial Reforms in India
- Mutual funds
- Stock exchanges
- Banking Ombudsman
- Non-performing Assets
- CIBIL Score
- Money Laundering and Anti-Money Laundering
SBI PO Question Papers
Click here to download SBI PO previous year question paper free pdfs for your practice. Try to solve them, keeping the time limit. We will update more previous year question papers on the upcoming days.
- SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2006: SBI PO 2006
- SBI PO 2015 Preliminary Exam: SBI PO Prelims 2015
- SBI PO Prelims Exam 2017: SBI PO 2017 Preliminary Exam
- SBI PO 2018 Preliminary Exam: SBI PO Prelims 2018
SBI PO Salary
The starting basic pay is 27,620/- in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 for the Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The selected candidates will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances. The CTC be a minimum of 8.20 lakhs and maximum of 13.08 lakhs depending on the place of posting and other factors. At the time of joining, candidates will have to execute a Bond for a value of 2.00 lac to serve the Bank for a minimum period of three years.
SBI PO Cutoff
Previous Year SBI PO 2019 Cutoff score for Prelims exam
|Category||Cut-off Score (Out of 100 marks)|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||68.25|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||68.25|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||61.75|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||54.75|
Previous Year SBI PO 2019 Cutoff score for Mains exam
|Category||Cut-Off Marks (Out of 250 Marks)|
SBI PO Exam Centres
The SBI PO Prelims exam centres are:
|State Code||Exam Centres for Prelims Exam||State/ UT|
|11||Port Blair||Andaman & Nicobar|
|12||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram||Andhra Pradesh|
|13||Itanagar, Naharlagun||Arunachal Pradesh|
|14||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar Tezpur||Assam|
|15||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan||Bihar|
|17||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|19||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Gujarat|
|20||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal, Sonipat, Yamunanagar||Haryana|
|21||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una||Himachal Pradesh|
|22||Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar||Jammu & Kashmir|
|23||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi||Jharkhand|
|24||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi||Karnataka|
|25||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Trichur, Thiruvananthapuram||Kerala|
|27||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain||Madhya Pradesh|
|28||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara||Maharashtra|
|33||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon||Delhi -NCR|
|34||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur||Odisha|
|36||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur||Punjab|
|37||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur||Rajasthan|
|39||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thoothukodi, Vellore||Tamilnadu|
|40||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Warangal||Telangana|
|42||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bulandshahar, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Unnao, Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|43||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee||Uttarakhand|
|44||Asansol, Berhampur (West Bengal), Bardhaman, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri||West Bengal|
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.