Are you planning for a career in the banking industry and that too with the largest banking and financial services organization in India, the SBI(State Bank of India)? Then here is your chance, as SBI has released the SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 Notification for 8000 vacancies. This article brings you the highlights of the SBI Clerk Notification 2020 including eligibility requirements, exam pattern, dates, syllabus, and a lot more.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
- The SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 for Junior Associate (Customer Support and Sales) in the clerical cadre was released by SBI on 2nd January 2020.
- The online registration process started on January 3, 2020.
- The Online Application window closes on 26th January 2020.
- SBI Clerk 2020 Prelims Exam will be conducted in Feb-March 2020 and the Main Exam on April 19, 2020.
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification and Online Application Link
SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment Notification Highlights
- Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in clerical cadre in State Bank of India.
- The candidates applying for vacancies of a particular State should be proficient (reading, writing, speaking and understanding) in the specified opted local language of that State (mentioned in the under given vacancy table against each state/UT).
- There are about 8000 vacancies announced for this recruitment drive across the country.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the aggregate marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be considered for preparation of the final merit list. Provisional selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (Main Examination).
- The download dates of SBI Clerk Admit cards for Prelims is set for 11.02.2020 onwards (Tentatively).
- Depending on employer location, the SBI clerk salary is ₹20,000 to ₹23,000.
- SBI clerk age limit is 20-28 years as on January 1, 2020. Permissible relaxation in the upper age limit is 31 years for OBC, and 33 years for SC/ST category.
- The test for knowledge of specified opted local language will be conducted as a part of the selection process. It will be conducted after qualifying the online main examination but before joining the Bank.
SBI Clerk 2020 Category Vacancies
There are around 8000 vacancies announced for this recruitment drive across the country. For more please check sbi clerk vacancies article
SBI Clerk 2020 Job Profile
SBI Clerks (Junior Associates) are responsible for all client interactions and related operations. Candidates who are recruited as SBI clerks are designated as cashiers, depositors and other posts that form the face of a particular SBI Bank branch.
- Job responsibilities include holding posts such as depositors, cashiers, etc. at one of the branches of State Bank of India.
- Junior Associate or Clerk is the first point of contact for inquiries & guidance. It is the starting designation in the hierarchy of bank jobs
- The works of a clerk include front desk work and customer handling operations. A clerk work to manage inquiry comers, withdrawal, managing receipts, etc.
- A clerk also deals with the opening of new accounts, cash collection, issuing bank statements and handling mails and delivery.
SBI Clerk 2020 Selection Process
SBI clerk recruitment process consists of:
- Preliminary exam (Phase I)
- Main exam (Phase II)
- Test of Local Language
SBI Clerk Salary and Promotion 2020
- As per SBI’s promotion process, the candidate would be promoted to higher posts on basis of their performance also after working for 3 years through internal exams a clerk can get promoted to the post of probationary officer/ Assistant Manager.
- After starting your career as Officer or Junior Associate in the State Bank of India you can also appear for Associate Exams: JAIIB and CAIIB certification exam which is a bright opportunity to get an edge over others.
- A Junior Associate or clerk in the State Bank of India can get a salary of Rs.21000 to Rs.23000. The Basic Salary Component of SBI Clerk is around Rs.17000. (with a scope of promotion.)
- SBI Clerk Salary Allowances and Benefits
SBI Clerk 2020 Online Application
How to Apply for SBI Clerk 2020 Exam?
- Candidates can apply online and no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers or
https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and open
- After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
- Pay the requisite fee through challan or SBI Net Banking or any Credit/ Debit Card.
- Click on the submit button.
- Download and view the application form.
- Take printouts of your application form.A registration confirmation SMS or e-mail will be sent to you.
- The admit card of SBI Clerk 2019 will be released online on the official site.
Call Letters for SBI Clerk 2020 Exam
- a. Preliminary Examination: The candidates should download their call letter and an “acquaint yourself booklet” by entering their registration number and password/date of birth from the Bank’s website from 11.02.2020 onwards (Tentatively).
- b. Main Examination: Candidates qualified for the main examination would be able to download their call letter from the Bank’s website (following the instructions available on the screen) from 2nd week of April 2020 onwards (Tentatively).
SBI Clerk 2020 Syllabus
Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|Name of the test||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Main Exam Pattern 2020
|Name of the test||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/ financial awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning ability and computer aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours and 40 minutes|
For more information check Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SBI Clerk 2020 Syllabus
Let we have a look at the syllabus of SBI Clerk 2020 preliminary examination.
|Numerical ability||English language||Reasoning|
|Number series||Reading comprehension||Puzzle and arrangement|
|Simplification/ approximation||Cloze test||Inequality|
|Data interpretation||Spotting errors||Coding decoding|
|Data sufficiency||Sentence improvement||Blood relations|
|miscellaneous||Fill in the blanks||Direction senses|
|Order and ranking|
The table below explains the syllabus of SBI Clerk mains 2020 examination.
|Reasoning||Quantitative aptitude||English language||General economy/ banking awareness||Computer awareness|
|Logical reasoning||Simplification||Reading comprehension||Financial awareness||Internet|
|Alphanumeric series||Profit and loss||Grammar||Current affairs||Memory|
|Ranking/ direction/ alphabet test||Mixture and allegations||Vocabulary||General knowledge||Keyboard shortcuts|
|Data sufficiency||Simple interest and compound interest
Surds and indices
|Verbal ability||Static awareness||Computer abbreviation|
|Coded inequalities||Work and time||Word association||Banking and financial awareness||Microsoft office|
|Seating arrangement||Time and distance||Sentence improvement||Computer hardware|
|Puzzle||Mensuration, cylinder, cone, sphere||Para jumbles||Computer software|
|Tabulation||Data interpretation||Cloze test||Operating system|
|Syllogism||Ratio and proportion percentage||Error spotting||Networking|
|Blood relations||Number systems||Fill in the blanks1q||Computer fundamentals/ terminologies|
|Input output||Sequence and series|
|Coding decoding||Permutation, combination and probability|
As you know the State Bank of India’s Bank exam is considered to be the mother of all bank exams in India. All the bank aspirants looking forward to ace the SBI clerk 2020 can make use of
- SBI Clerk Free Study Material 2020: With the right information and proper preparation, you can easily crack SBI Clerk 2020.
- To get a feel of the complexity of the previous year’s exam read SBI Clerk Exam Analysis
- Check out our SBI Clerk Previous Year Question Papers.
Entri wishes all the candidates the very best for the upcoming examination!
Download Entri App today and discover the treasure trove of mock tests, question papers, and many more exam essentials!