Kerala PSC had invited applications from eligible Postgraduates from the Scheduled Tribes community for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher in the end of last year. The Postgraduate from the ST community in mathematics, and below 45 years of age,had filled up their online application through the PSC’s online application portal. The application window was available till December 22, 2021. On selection, the aspirants would be allowed to join the higher secondary school education department on the pay scale of INR 55200-115300/- (Revised) along with other allowances. In this article we will discuss Kerala PSC HSST Salary.
Kerala PSC HSST Salary 2022: Pay Scale
As per the notification, the Kerala PSC Higher Secondary School Teacher post is a highly paid and prestigious job under Kerala Government. Along with the basic salary the aspirants will be provided with other allowances, benefits, and perks in addition. The excellent salary package with incentives forces the aspirants to participate in the recruitment process. The salary structure can act as an eye-opener for the Kerala PSC Higher Secondary School Teacher recruitment as it helps the candidates to remain motivated and perform more demanding to reach their ideal job as Higher Secondary School Teacher.
The revised pay scale for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher ranges between INR 55200/- and INR 115300/- in addition to other allowances.
Kerala PSC HSST Salary 2022:In Hand Salary
After allowances and deductions for insurance, pension benefits, and other perks, the Kerala PSC Higher Secondary School Teacher Salary In Hand varies from about INR 54,524 – INR 55,886/-.
Kerala PSC HSST 2022: Vacancy details
Currently Kerala PSC has announced 3 vacancies for the category No. (523/2021) ie the SC community in Mathematics department. Vacancies for the post of HSST in the other departments will be announced soon.
Kerala PSC HSST Eligibility Criteria 2022
Aspirants should have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree with not less than 45% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala/Indiaor an equivalent qualification in the respective subject by a University in Kerala.
- Ed in the subject the aspirant is applying for, acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or equivalent qualification. In the absence of aspirants with B.Ed. Degree in the respective subject, B.Ed Degree acquired in the concerned faculty as specified in the Acts and Statutes of any of the Universities in Kerala will be considered.
- Must have successfully passed the SET or State Eligibility Test for the post of Higher Secondary School Teachers held by the Government of Kerala
- The teachers who have attained 10(ten) years of approved teaching service at the High School level in the General Education subordinate service will be exempted from passing the SET or State Eligibility Test.
Aspirants ages shall be between 20 years and 45 years. Only aspirants born between January 02, 1976, and January 01, 2001 (both dates included)can apply for this post.
How to Apply for the KPSC HSST Exam 2022?
The commission recently released a notification regarding the HSST job vacancy on its official website. The notification was released by the department of Kerala Higher Secondary Education with having a total of 03 post vacancy. The Applications are available online and are accepted only by qualified aspirants for selection to the HSST in Kerala Government Service. Listed below steps to be followed for the process of application.
- The individuals must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission.
- The aspirants must first register before applying for the post.
- Aspiring candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their respective profile using their User-ID and password.
- The applicants hit on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for the above mentioned posts.
- The documents such as, photograph uploaded in the profile should be one taken as per the requirements mentioned in the notification.
- The Name of the aspirant and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion of the photo.
- The aspirants must be aware that the photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements as per notification shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
Application fees for the KPSC HSST Exam 2022
The Applications are available online and are accepted only by qualified aspirants for selection to the HSST post in Kerala Government Service. Its noteworthy point that there will be no application fee required to apply for the Kerala PSC HSST Exam.
Kerala PSC HSST Exam 2022: Exam Pattern
Kerala PSC conducts examination for the selection of aspirants to the post of HSST or Higher Secondary School Teacher every year. Let’s have a look on the exam pattern for 2022.
|1.||Research Methodology/ Teaching Aptitude||100||1 hour 15 minutes
|2.||Salient Features of Indian Constitution, Social Welfare Legislations and Programmes|
|3.||Renaissance in Kerala, General Knowledge & Current Affairs|
- The exam will be held with Objective type questions.
- There will be 100 questions, for each correct answer 1 mark will be provided.
- 33 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Kerala PSC HSST Exam 2022: Syllabus
Kerala PSC HSST 2022 exam is generally conducted for candidates interested in teaching, who wish to see themselves in the shoes of a Higher Secondary School teacher. The main subjects included for Kerala PSC HSST 2022 exam are:
Malayalam, Geography, Chemistry, Social Science, Mathematics, Urdu, Sanskrit, History, Economics, Arabic, Statistics, Political Science, English, Botany, Commerce, Home Science, Physics etc.
Out of total 100, 70 marks is allotted for the main or core subject and the remaining 30 marks is asked from general portions which are common for all the subjects. The detailed syllabus of each subject belonging to Kerala PSC HSST is available in the official website of Kerala PSC. Portions which are common for all the subjects are tabulated below:
|SYLLABUS FOR COMMON SUBJECTS FOR HSST EXAM|
|· Objectives, nature, characteristics and basic requirements of teaching
· Learner’s characteristics
· Factors affecting teaching
· Methods of teaching
· Teaching aids
· Evaluation systems
|· Meaning, Characteristics and types of research
· Research Ethics
· Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
· Thesis writing: its characteristics and format
|SALIENT FEATURES OF INDIAN CONSTITUTION, SOCIAL WELFARE LEGISLATIONS AND PROGRAMMES|
|· Salient features of the Constitution
· Preamble – significance of it and its place in the interpretation of the Constitution
· Fundamental Rights – Directive Principles of State Policy
· Relation between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
· Fundamental Duties
· Legislature – Executive – Judiciary – Both at State and Union Level
· Other Constitutional Authorities
· Centre-State Relations – Legislative – Administrative and Financial
· Services under the Union and the States
· Emergency Provisions
· Amendment Provisions of the Constitution
· Social Service Legislations like Right to Information Act
· Prevention of atrocities against Women & Children
· Food Security Act
· Environmental Acts
· Social Welfare Programmes like Employment Guarantee Programme
· Organ and Blood Donation etc
|KERALA RENAISSANCE, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS|
|· Towards a New Society
· Efforts to reform the Society
· Various missionary organizations and their functioning
· Socio-Religious reform Movements
· Struggles and Social Revolts
· Role of Press in Renaissance
· Awakening Through Literature
· Women and Social Change
· Leaders of Renaissance
· Literary Figures
· National & International events
· Indian Economy & Polity
· Science & Environment, etc.
Syllabus for Core Subjects
|CORE SUBJECT SYLLABUS FOR HSST – OVERVIEW|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE||POLITICAL SCIENCE|
Hope that this article was helpful for you learn about the HSST salary. The key point to clear an exam lies in methodical and planned preparation. If you are a candidate who wants to pursue your dream career and looking for a good start, our Entri app has got it covered for you. Our team will help you with content and insights related to the topics of your concern. Subscribe to our app today and enroll yourself into various programmes our app offers. Tune in to the app to stay updated regarding various aspects of the subject you are interested in. Feel free to post any queries and doubts in the comment section. We will try our best to reach out. Push away all those self-doubts and negative thoughts. Try to have a clear vision. Ask yourself why you want this. Focus on the good and work hard. There is a saying that goes like this, Get up and set your shoulders to the wheel-how long is life for you? as you have come to this world leave some mark behind or where is the difference between your trees and stones they too come into existence decay and die. Each day is a precious gift bestowed upon us so make it count. Work on yourself. Stop procrastinating. Today is the day, hope for the best. Good luck.