Kerala is a state on the southwestern Malabar Coast of India. It was formed on 1 November 1956, following the passage of the States Reorganisation Act, by combining Malayalam-speaking regions. Spread over 38,863 km2 (15,005 sq mi), Kerala is the twenty-third largest Indian state by area. It is bordered by Karnataka to the north and northeast, Tamil Nadu to the east and south, and the Lakshadweep Sea to the west.there are many such basic facts about Kerala. With 33,387,677 inhabitants as per the 2011 Census, Kerala is the thirteenth-largest Indian state by population. It is divided into 14 districts with the capital being Thiruvananthapuram. Malayalam is the most widely spoken language and is also the official language of the state. In this blog, we will discuss some of the important questions discussed about Basic Facts about Kerala for Kerala PSC Exam. Basic facts about kerala in needed to clear any PSC Exam.
Questions on Basic Facts About Kerela
- In which year was the Kerala Kalamandalam established?
- Where is the National University of Advanced Legal Studies situated?
- In which year was the Kudumbasree program inaugurated?
- Mamankam was a festival of _____ days?
- Name the first Indian President to address the Kerala Legislative Assembly?
Ans: K R Narayanan
- Who was the first Malayali to be appear in the postal stamp?
Ans: Sree Narayana Guru
- Which place is known as the Mecca of Kerala?
- Which is the only state capital in India that did not undergo foreign rule?
- Which is the first Eco Touris centre in India?
- Which is the largest irrigation project in Kerala?
Ans: Kallada (Kollam)
- The oldest Malayalam newspaper in Publication is?
- Which is the only District Kerala that did not has any reserve forest?
- Athirappilly and Vazhachal waterfalls are situated on which river?
Ans: Chalakkudi River
- Which is the only district in Kerala that shares border with two states? Ans: Wayanad
- Kerala was declared as the first total literate state of India on?
Ans: April 18, 1991
- The Sanskrit educational centre Kanthalloor Salai was on the banks of the river?
- Which Malayalam film won the coveted British Film Institute Award for the most original and imaginative film in 1982?
- Which art form of Kerala was ‘ recognised by UNESCO as a masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity?
- Which art form was later developed in to Kathakali?
- What is known in the scientific name strobilanthes kunthiyana?
- Which is the major soil type of Kerala?
Ans: Laterite Soil
- Which is the highest peak in the Western Ghats?
Ans: Anamudi (2,695 M)
- What is the major break in the Western Ghats?
Ans: Palakkad Gap
- With only 16 KM length, which is the smallest river of, Kerala?
Ans: Manjeswaram River
- In which year was the Kerala Agrarian Relations Bill passed?
Ans: October 15, 1960
- Who set up the organisation COSTFORD for spreading awareness for low cost housing?
Ans: Laurie Baker
- Which political leader is the author of the works ‘Njan orn puthiya lokam Kandu and Ente Poorvakala Smaranakal’?
Ans: A K Gopalan
- In which year was the first Kerala ministry dismissed and President’s rule imposed?
Ans: July 31, 1959
- Who was the only Keralite to become the leader of opposition (recognised) in Indian Parliament?
Ans: C M Stephen
- Who was the first Keralite to be nominated to Rajya sabha?
Ans: Sardar K M Panicker
- What is the total number of Lok Sabha seats from Kerala?
- What is the number of Rajya Sabha members from Kerala?
- The ministry of which state was dissolved by imposing Article 356 of the Constitution for the first time in India?
- The Kerala State Civil Supplies Corporation was set up in?
- Which housing minister of Kerala envisaged the idea of ‘Laksham Veedu’?
Ans: M N Govindan Nair
- Which dam of Kerala is situated between the Kuravanmala & Kurathimala?
Ans: Idukki Arch Dam
- Which country aided the Idukki Arch Dam project with long term loans & grants?
- In which script was the Malayalam language first written?
- Which is the largest fresh water lake of Kerala?
Ans: Sasthamcotta (Kollam)
- Which is the oldest river boat fiesta in Kerala?
Ans: Aranmula Boat Race
- Which is the only known Namboothiri Kingdom of Kerala?
- The plain-woven textile exported from Kozhikode is popularly known as?
- Brown’s Plantation is famous for?
- In which district is the Chethalayam waterfalls?
- The famous Soochippara waterfall is in ____district?
- The centre of the Salt Sathyagraha in Kerala in the Civil Disobedience Movement in 1930?
- Nelliyampathy hills are situated in the district?
- The National Highway running between Quilon and Madura’?
Ans: NH 208.
- The river of Kerala in which large number of dams are constructed?
- The river which is merging with Arabian Sea at Beypore?
Why Practice from Entri
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the KerelsPSC Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.Hope now you have a better and informed knowledge about Kerala after going through this blog on Basic Facts about Kerala.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. To receive such exciting notes such as Padma Awards 2020 follow Entri. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.