Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission has announced about recruitment for the post of Fireman. The commission will conduct an exam to recruit suitable candidates. The recruitment will be done through a Written exam and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). The exam dates will be announced once the application process is over. Candidates who are looking forward for this job should go through the eligibility criteria and submit their applications. They should then start preparing for the exam to ensure that they get enough time to complete the syllabus and practice previous years’ question papers. This article gives you an insight about the benefits of practicing previous papers. We have also provided you some question papers and mock tests.
Kerala PSC Fireman Previous Question Papers
Attempting previous question papers is an important part of any exam preparation. It is essential to know the benefits of going through previous years’ papers so that candidates can use these resources in the best way.
- When one attempts to solves these papers and is unable to answer some of the questions that are in the paper, he/ she goes back to refer the book to learn more about that particular topic. This helps them to be more thorough in that topic.
- While going through the previous papers, candidates get an idea about the important topics in the syllabus. This will make him / her concentrate more on such topics.
- Practicing previous years’ papers gives a sense of confidence. The candidates are aware of their strengths and also have a clear idea of time management. This will help them complete the paper on time.
- Some questions are repeated every year. Practicing these papers gives the candidates an idea about frequently asked questions and topics. This will help them to ensure that they cover these topics thoroughly.
- Practicing several papers helps candidates to plan their time well. Once they have attempted few papers, they get an idea about the time they can spend on a question and about negative marking. This will help them greatly during the exams.
- It teaches candidates the proper approach to solve questions from various topics.
Kerala PSC Fireman Previous Question Papers PDF
Now that you know the benefits of practicing previous question papers, try the following papers from Kerala PSC previous Fireman exam .
|Previous Question Paper 1||Download PDF|
|Previous Question Paper 2||Download PDF|
|Previous Question Paper 3||Download PDF|
Kerala PSC Fireman Mock Tests
Mock tests are also equally important in preparing for any exams. They are replicated tests based on the actual exam pattern. They provide a better perspective of what kind of questions will appear in the exam. They also provide much practice and helps in time management too.
Kerala PSC Fireman Exam Pattern
Candidates should have a clear idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus. An effective study plan can be made only on the basis of the syllabus and exam pattern. Kerala PSC will shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Fireman through a two stage process:
- Written Test
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The first stage of the recruitment process will be a written test. All the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria put forth by the Commission will be called for the test. The written exam is an Objective OMR based exam. There will be 100 questions for a total of 100 marks. Every right answer will be awarded one mark and 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The duration of the exam will be one hour and fifteen minutes. The table below shows the topic wise mark distribution.
|Topics||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration of exam|
|Simple Arithmetic & Mental Ability||20||20||1 hour 15 minutes|
|Other subjects (Economy, Constitution, General Awareness, Arts, Sports & literature,
Computer Science, and First Aid)
Those who qualify in the written exam will be called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) which are as follows.
|High Jump||132.2 cm|
|Long Jump||457.2 cm|
|100 Meters Run||14 seconds|
|Putting the shot (7264 gm)||609.6 cm|
|Throwing the cricket ball||6096 cm|
|Rope Climbing (only with hands)||365.80 cm|
|1500 Meter Run||5 min 44 sec|
Candidates should qualify in any 5 out of these 8 events. Those who pass the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be called for document verification.
Entri App provides a great online platform for all those aspiring to appear for various bank exams, government exams and other competitive exams. Our team of experts provide short and precise video classes which helps in learning the concepts. Users get access to flash cards and quizzes and can attempt unlimited mock exams with the same pattern as that of the real exams. We also provide PDFs of previous years’ question papers with solutions.