Kerala government, education department conducts the State Eligibility Test (SET) for the candidates to be selected as Higher Secondary School Teachers and Non-Vocational Teachers in VHSE. From 2011 onwards, SET is a mandatory requirement for appointment as Higher Secondary School Teachers in the State as per the Special Rules in force. The LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram is the Kerala SET 2021 exam conducting agency. The Kerala SET conducts for 37 subjects, and any postgraduates from these subjects are eligible to appear for SET. As per the latest notification published by the Commission on October 20, 2021 Kerala Set 2022 notification is officially published. Candidates who wish to apply for the post can now apply through the official website of LBS from 20 October 2021 to 30 October 2021.
Kerala SET Notification 2022
Here are the necessary details and important dates for the Kerala SET examination 2022.
Online Application Start Date
|20 October 2021|
Online Application Closing Date
30 October 2021
Last date for Fee Payment
30 October 2021
|Admit card||Will be notified later|
|Kerala SET 2021 Exam||January 09, 2022|
Kerala SET 2020 Answer Key
|Will be notified later|
Result Release Date
Yet to be Announced
Candidates can now apply for the examination as the official notification has been published through the official website on October 20,2021.
The SET examination is conducted by the LBS institute and they have published the official notification for the same on October 20, 2021. Candidates who wish to apply for the post can now apply through the official website from October 20 to October 30, 2021. Here are the steps that candidates have to follow so as to apply for the post.
- To apply for the post, visit the official website of the LBS by Click Here
- On the home page, click the link that shows the application to the SET Examination 2022
- Click on that link and you will be directed to an opened tab
- Enter your Registration ID if you have registered before or do a one-time registration by entering the necessary details
- Enter the necessary details and pay the fees through the payment gateway
- Take a printout of your SET 2022 application for reference and for future use.
SET Eligibility Criteria 2022
Since there are no upper age limit criteria for the Kerala State Eligibility Test. Candidates who satisfy the educational qualification can apply towards the Kerala SET 2022.
Those who have acquired a Master’s Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed. degree in any discipline from any one of the universities in Kerala or have acquired these qualifications from any other university recognized as equivalent thereto are eligible to apply for the SET 2022 with certain exceptions as given below:
- For Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in the subjects concerned with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education sponsored by the NCERT is eligible to apply.
- For Botany and Zoology, those having MSc.Ed Degree in Life Science (with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade) from any one of the Regional Institutes of Education are also eligible.
- Those who have acquired second class Master’s Degree in Communicative English with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and BEd. are eligible to appear for SET in English.
- For the subjects, Commerce, French, German, Geology, Home Science, Journalism, Latin, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics and Syriac candidates need not acquire B.Ed. Degree for applying for the State Eligibility Test.
- Candidates who have acquired DLEd/ LTTC in Arabic, Urdu and Hindi but do not have B.Ed Degree are eligible to apply for the examination.
- For the subject Biotechnology, those who have a masters degree in Biotechnology with not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade and B.Ed degree in natural science are eligible for applying SET-Feb-2020.
- Candidates who have acquired B.Ed Degree in Hindi conducted by the Dakshin Bharatha Hindi Prachar Sabha are exempted from the requirement of producing the equivalency certificate, as the degree has been recognized by the Universities in Kerala.
- Candidates who have acquired their qualification through Correspondence Courses/Open Universities which are not recognized by any one of the Universities in Kerala are not eligible to appear for the
SET. Candidates who have acquired their qualifications through recognized correspondence courses/Open universities and candidates acquired their qualification from a university outside Kerala should obtain and furnish certificates of recognition and equivalency from any one of the Universities in Kerala.
- Candidates possessing qualification in the subjects other than those mentioned in should furnish an equivalency and eligibility certificate obtained from any one of the universities in Kerala.
- Aspirants who have acquired their Master’s Degree with the minimum required marks for eligibility to appear for SET and are undergoing the final year course for B.Ed Degree are eligible to appear for the test.
Similarly, candidates who have acquired their B. Ed Degree and are undergoing the final year of their Post Graduate Program are also eligible to appear for the test. Such candidates must produce the Certificates of their qualifying examinations passed with the minimum required marks within one year from the date of publication of the results of the State Eligibility Test, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- For the subject Latin, candidates who have passed their degree examination in any discipline from any one of the Universities in Kerala or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with Latin as their Second Language under Part II with not less than 50% marks for that Part II are also eligible to appear for SET, provided such candidates have acquired II Class Master’s Degree with not less than 50% marks in any discipline.
Relaxation of Minimum marks for SC/ ST Candidates
Candidates belonging to SC/ ST categories shall be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum marks prescribed for eligibility to appear for the SET.
Kerala SET 2022 Exam Pattern
The Kerala State Eligibility Test (SET) has two papers. The Paper I is common for all candidates consists of two parts,
- General Knowledge and
- Aptitude in Teaching.
The Paper-II shall be a test based on the subject of specialization of the candidate at the Post Graduate (PG) Level. There are 31 papers/ subjects available for candidates in SET 2022. The available subjects in Kerala SET 2020 are:
Anthropology, Arabic, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, English, French, Gandhian Studies, Geography, Geology, German, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic History, Journalism, Kannada, Latin, Malayalam, Mathematics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Russian, Sanskrit, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics, Syriac, Tamil, Urdu, Zoology, Biotechnology.
The exam pattern for objective mode SET exam is:
|SL No||Papers||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Paper: 1 General Knowledge||60||60||
|2||Paper-II: Teaching Aptitude||60||60|
|3||Optional Subject*||120||120||02 hours|
- For Mathematics and Statistics, there shall be only 80 questions carrying 1.5 marks each.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The minimum requirement for a pass in the State Eligibility Test shall be:
|OBC (Non-Creamy layer)||35||35||45|
|Differently Abled/ SC/ ST||35||35||40|
Kerala SET Syllabus
The SET exam has two parts: Paper 1( General Knowledge and Teacher’s Aptitude) and Paper-II (Optional Paper). Let’s check the syllabus for each paper in detail:
- General Science –Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Basics – Class X Level)
- Social Science -Economics, History, Geography and Indian Polity (Basics – Class X Level)
- Humanities- Literature (Classics and Masterpieces of World and Indian Literature), Art (Major art forms of India) and Culture (Life and Society in India)
- Kerala Studies – Social reforms, National Movements, Kerala Model of Development, Literature, Art and Culture
- Language and Reasoning
- Comprehension and Vocabulary
- Basic English Grammar
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Numeracy Skills – Pattern Recognition and Orders of Magnitude
- Current Affairs
- Technology –Inventions, Innovations and Discoveries
- Environmental Issues, Movements, Treaties and Legislations -National and International.
- UN and Global Affairs
- Institutions of Higher Learning and Research, Scholarships and New Initiatives (National and State level )
- Indian Constitution and Politics and Recent Legislation –Right to Information and Right to Education
- Events, Persons and Awards
- Sports and Games
- Culture (Films, Literature, Music and Performing Arts)
- Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Educational Philosophy – Relationship between Philosophy and Education – Major Philosophical divisions and its impact on aims, curriculum, and methods of teaching -Concept of teacher, freedom and Discipline
- Major philosophical systems in the East – Six Schools of Indian philosophy, Buddhism, Jainism, and Islamic thought
- Major philosophical systems in the West – Idealism, Naturalism, Pragmatism, Humanism and Realism, Democracy and Critical Pedagogy
- Eminent thinkers in Education – Gandhiji, Tagore, Vivekananda, Plato, Rousseau, Montessori, Frobel, John Dewey, Paulo Freire
- Value education – Classification of values, Significance of value education, Religious and moral education and development of values, Value crisis.
- The relation between education and sociology, – Meaning and scope of education and sociology, and sociology of Education, Interactive role of education and society, The relationship between education and culture.
- Social functions of education- Various functions of education in society, functions
of society towards education. Functions of education concerning Culture–
Preservation, Transformation and Transmission.
- Social change and education – Social Change– Factors influencing social changes- Role of Education. Social mobility. Factors hinder positive changes in the society, Characteristics of Indian Society –class, religion, ethnicity, language. Major changes occurred in Indian society Corruption, Terrorism, Anti national activities, Violence against women, Drug abuse and Alcoholism etc. Role of education to curb Social evils.
- Education and social institutions – Major social institutions, Role of various social institutions to inculcate values connected with Democracy and Secularism, National Integration, Concept of the global village
- Education and socialization – Factors influencing socialization, education and socialization process, Acculturation, value orientation- Teacher as a Change Agent and Nation builder, Cultural lag, cultural inertia, Cultural diffusion
- Educational Psychology- Meaning, scope, fields of psychology- Educational Psychology, School Psychology, Clinical Psychology. Applications of Psychology Guidance and Counselling, life skills education etc.
- Personality- Approaches- Psychoanalytic, Behaviouristic, Humanistic, Trait approaches.
- Motivation- Intrinsic and extrinsic. Approaches to motivation- behavioral, humanistic, cognitive, and socio-cultural.
- Intelligence- Factor theories, Multiple intelligence. Measurement of intelligence Binet, Wechsler. Creativity
- Social and Cognitive development- Erikson, Piaget, Vygotsky, Language- structure and development.
- Memory and forgetting
- Adolescent characteristics- Cognitive, Emotional and Motivational aspects. Peer influence. Parenting difficulties
- History of Education in Kerala and India. Early education history of India, the introduction of modern English Education, Government’s role in pre-Independence India, major reports and documents on education.
Important personalities in Education in India and Kerala.
- Reports and Policies on Education in the post-independence period – NPE -first, second and third, BPEGEL, IEDSS
- Acts and Bills Relevant to higher education: Major Bills and Acts on Higher education promulgated by the Parliament of India and the Legislative Assembly of Kerala
- Programs for Universalisation of Education – Saakshar Bharat, RTE, DPEP, SSA, RMSA, RUSA,
- Institutions of Education at National and state-level- MHRD, UGC, NCTE NCERT, NUEPA, SCERT, DIET, CTE, SIET, etc.
- Teaching aptitude – Teacher characteristics, Teaching as a profession, Skill-based theoretical knowledge, Teacher competency, and teacher accountability,
- Administrative aptitude
- Reflective practices
- Professional development
- Teacher Characteristics
- Teaching skills
- Methods of teaching
- Techniques and approaches to teaching
- Instructional models of teaching
- Teaching and Learning resources
- Learning theories- Behaviorist theories, cognitive learning, Constructivist view
- Applications of learning theories
- Learner characteristics
- Learning environment
- Learners with special needs
- Tools and techniques for evaluation
- Continuous Evaluation
- Terminal evaluation
- Feedback and remediation
- Communication and Education, Basic principles of communication, Types of communication, Barriers in communication, Classroom application of communication
- Basics of Computer Knowledge, Computer Networks and Internet, Office Tools, ICT Enabled Learning, General Applications.
- Basic aspects of educational research, Types of research, Methods, Tools, and techniques of research, Action research, Reporting of research
- Planning and administration at the national level, Organisational structure of education in the
state, School administration, Management and governance, International agencies, and education
Kerala SET Admit Card 2022
The Kerala SET admit cards for the candidates will be available on the LBS official website 15 days before the exam. The District opted for the test and the Subject for the test in the admit card will be based on the candidate’s selection in their online application. Candidates can download their SET 2022 admit card following the below-given steps:
- To download your Kerala SET admit card, visit the official website of the LBS, Click Here
- On the home page, click the link SET 2022 Admit card
- Click `Print Your Admit Card’ on the newly opened tab.
- Enter your Registration ID and date of birth to access the admit card.
- Take a printout of your SET 2022 admit card for the future use
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.