The Railway Recruitment Board conducts the Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer exam for the recruitment of JEs in Indian Railways. This is a highly competitive exam as a number of candidates appears for it. This year, the CBT I exam date is not out yet. But still, the candidates planning to appear for the exam can start their RRB JE preparation. RRB JE exam has two rounds of Computer-Based Tests. Candidates should work very hard to get a good score in the exam. This article is on RRB JE Preparation tips which will help you to score well in this exam.
RRB JE Preparation Tips
The selection of Railways Junior Engineers involves two Computer Based Tests (CBT), Document Verification and Medical Examination.
The first CBT has the following sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Science
The second CBT consists of the following sections:
- General Awareness
- Physics and Chemistry
- Basics of Computer and Application
- Basics of Environment and Pollution Control
- Technical Abilities
Only candidates clearing the 1st stage CBT will be allowed to attend the 2nd stage CBT.
Let us discuss how to prepare for each of the sections one by one:
Preparation tips for the Mathematics Section
The Mathematics section requires a lot of attention as complex questions are asked in this section. You really required to diligently prepare for it. Go through the RRB JE Preparation tips for this section as given below:
- Begin your preparation by dividing the topics into tough and easy. This will help you with an idea about where to start.
- Learn the easy topics first and try to finish them as earlier as possible. Then move onto the complex topics.
- Memorize the formulas with understanding. Practice them regularly so that you don’t forget.
- Never by heart anything without understanding. Forgetting even a small part will cost you in the exam.
- Practice a number of questions from every topic. This will help you improve your speed and problem-solving abilities.
- Solve as many mock tests as possible and examine your weaker areas and work on them.
- Revise regularly.
Preparation tips for the General Intelligence & Reasoning Section
This is a highly scoring section and should not be neglected at any cost. If you prepare well for this part you will definitely be able to score decent marks. Follow the tips given below to prepare for the General Intelligence and Reasoning section:
- Comprehend the theory behind each topic.
- Make notes while preparing for each topic. This will help you in quick revision.
- Start with easier topics and finish off with difficult topics.
- Practice a lot of previous year’s question papers to understand what kind of questions come from these topics.
Preparation tips for the General Science Section
The General Science section demands you to have good knowledge of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Zoology. Preparation tips for General Science are mentioned below:
- Use the Class 9 and Class 10 NCERT books for Science and get your basics refreshed for all topics.
- Never refer to many study material at the same time. This will create confusion.
- Memorize and practice important formulas, equations, diagrams, flowcharts, reactions, etc.
- Go through previous year papers to understand the frequency of questions and weightage of each topic.
Preparation tips for the General Awareness Section
General Awareness section checks your knowledge of the current events and issues of national and international importance. It is an easy section for those who read newspapers and magazines on a regular basis and are aware of what is happening on a day to day basis. Go through the tips given below to prepare for this section:
- Watch the news every day.
- Read newspapers on a daily basis.
- Solve a lot of quizzes.
- Refer to your school GK books to improve your general knowledge.
- Be aware of all the topics including sports, politics, books, awards, entertainment, finance, economy, science, etc.
- Refer to the previous year’s papers to get an idea about the type of questions and prepare accordingly.
Preparation tips for Technical Abilities
The Technical Abilities subjects vary for different engineering branches. So, the preparation will be different for each branch. Here are some tips that you can follow for this topic.
- Prepare the basics for each and every topic.
- Prepare notes for each of the topics that you cover which will include important points, formulas, equations, etc.
- Practice a number of questions to improve your application skills.
- Solve previous year papers.
- Have a good knowledge of computer subjects like C, C++, Java, etc.
- Revise regularly.
Finish preparing as early as possible and start the revision. Take mock tests and work on your weak areas. All the best for the Exams!!