Table of Contents
SBI PO or RBI Grade B? Which one is the better career option? This is one of the most discussed topics among the graduates. If you are torn between the two then there are several facts that you must consider. SBI PO or RBI Grade B? Which one is the better career option? This is one of the most discussed topics among the graduates. If you are torn between the two then there are several facts that you must consider. In this blog, we are going to do a Comparative study of SBI PO vs RBI Grade B.
SBI PO VS RBI Grade B: Overview
The probationary officer in State Bank of India is better than the Probationary officer in other Bank. Because the State Bank of India is a universal Bank operating in various types of outfits and dimensions of banking. Probationary officer involves in banking administration task. The training of an SBI PO is far better than the other bank PO.
RBI Grade B
RBI Grade B exam is conducted for recruitment of Grade B Officers in the Reserve Bank of India. In this article, aspirants can find the complete details on the RBI Grade B Exam 2019-20 and the application and recruitment process. They will also know about the latest news regarding RBI Grade B 2020 exam. The Reserve Bank of India is the central bank for the country and conducts exams annually for the recruitment to various posts in RBI. The RBI Grade B exam is conducted by RBI for the recruitment of officers. RBI Grade B Officer exam is a very popular exam for those seeking a career in the finance sector, with the RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment notification being highly anticipated by most of the bank job aspirants in India.
SBI PO VS RBI Grade B: Eligibility Criteria
The candidate is required to follow the given criteria to be eligible for SBI PO exam.
|Nationality||Only Indian citizen are allowed to apply for the Probationary officer in State Bank of India.|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be in the age group of 21-30 years i.e. they should not have been born before 2 May 1988, and not after 1 May 1997.A candidate who belongs to SC/ST category upper Age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for OBC category upper Age limit is relaxed up to 3 years and upper Age limit is relaxed up to 10 years in the case of Person with Disabilities
Ex-Servicemen (Includes Emergency commissioned officers or short service commissioned officers) who have given 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) other than through dismissal on the charge of misconduct upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years.
Those who are domiciled in Kashmir division of the state of J&K between 1 January 1981 and 31 December 1990 upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years.
PWD (SC/ST), PWD (OBC) and PWD (General) upper age limit is relaxed respectively up to 15, 13 and 10 years.
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the central Government.Those who are in the final year/semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination.
Candidate possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Candidate having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is as per the date decided by the SBI.
|Number of Attempts||General category candidate – 4 AttemptsGeneral (PWD) category candidate – 7 Attempts
OBC category candidate – 7 Attempts
OBC (PWD) category candidate – 7 Attempts
SC/ST category candidate – No restrictions
RBI Grade B
Candidates preparing for the RBI Grade B exam need to follow certain eligibility criteria in order to apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria have been briefly described below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India, subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee permanently settled in India.
- Age limits: Candidate must have attained a minimum age of 21 years and must not be more than 30 years in age. However, there are certain age relaxations for candidates belonging to certain categories.
- Educational Qualification: The educational qualification differs for candidates applying for General, DERP and DSIM specialisations.
|RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria|
|RBI Grade B Officer (General)||A minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th and 10th Standard examinations|
|RBI Grade B Officer (Department of Economic and Policy Research)||A Master’s Degree in Economics or Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks from arecognised Indian or Foreign University|
|RBI Grade B (Department of Statistics and Information Management)||A Master’s Degree in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical with a minimum of 55% marks|
The number of attempts are restricted to six for candidates belonging to the General category. No such restrictions are there for candidates belonging to other categories.
SBI PO VS RBI Grade B: Salary & Promotions
Basic salary of a Probationary officer in State Bank of India is 27,620 INR with 4 advance increments. Initial in hand salary of SBI PO is approximate 38500 to 40000 INR. According to the official notification, the total compensation per annum of a probationary officer in State Bank of India is minimum 7.93 lacs and maximum is 12.95 lacs. State Bank of India offers immense growth promotion cycle which is very fast once can even reach up to the level of chairman of the group.
The level of promotions are as follows;
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager JMGS-I)
- Deputy Manager ( MMGS)
- Manager (MMGS)
- Chief Manager(MMGS)
- Assistant General Manager ( SMGS)
- Deputy General Manager ( TEGS )
- General Manager (TEGS)
RBI Grade B
RBI’s organizational hierarchy is divided into three classes Ist, 3rd, and 4th. In which Class Ist is further divided into Groups A to F. Group A stands for lowest and group F stands for highest position. The salary of group B officer is varied as per the area. The Basic pay is 35,150 INR and the initial monthly gross emoluments will be close to 67,000 INR, after all the deduction an RBI officer receive 61,000 as current in hand salary.
Hierarchy level for RBI Grade B are as follows;
- Assistant Manager
- Asst. General Manager
- Dy. General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Principle Chief General Manager
- Executive DIrector
- Dy. Governor
SBI PO VS RBI Grade B: Perks and Allowances
- If you have not any 2 or 4 wheeler vehicles then SBI pay Conveyance allowance approximately 1100 – 1250 INR. But in case if you have any vehicle then SBI provide 50 Litre (For 2 wheeler ) and 55 Litre (For 4 wheeler) petrol.
- A Probationary officer receives home rent allowance which is based on the posting area. And it is between the minimum of 8000 INR (in a rural area) and maximum of 29500 INR (Urban area).
- A Probationary officer gets 100 percent medical coverage from SBI and 75 percent for their family members.
- State Bank of India provides AC 2- tier fare for official travel.
- SBI also provide furniture allowance almost 120000 INR.
- Loan Facilities- If any probationary officer wants to take a loan then Loans are cheaper for employees of the SBI. They also get lesser interest rates on loans.
RBI Grade B
- Conveyance allowance is paid on the basis of declaration and you need not necessarily have a vehicle. At the Big Centre, the amount is additional 14000 in hand.
- LFC Travel- It is one of the best allowances offered by RBI. One can go for a tour with his/entire family at the bank’s cost every 2 years. RBI pays almost 107,000 per head for the tour.
- RBI offers accommodation for RBI Grade B officers in RBI colonies which are well maintained. These colonies are generally located in heart area of city and close to offices. RBI generally often 2/3 BHK flat which depends on the availability depending.
- RBI provides a medical allowance for Grade B officer.
- RBI Officer’s receives approximate 3000 per months for maid services.
- Loan Facilities- If any RBI Grade B officer wants to take a loan then Loans are cheaper for employees of the RBI. They also get lesser interest rates on loans.
The criteria for selecting the exams may differ from person to person. Hence we would advice aspirants to select wisely based on their personal preferences.
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the Banking Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.