SBI PO VS SBI Clerk: Introduction
Every year lakhs of aspirant start preparing for government jobs. Taking the correct decision will help a candidate choose the right career path. We will help you by providing you a detailed comparison between both SBI PO as well as an SBI Clerk. Here in this blog we will go through the details of SBI PO VS SBI Clerk.
State Bank of India conducts this exam every year to recruit Probationary Officers across the country for all branches of SBI. It is one of the most prestigious and respectable jobs in the country. Sectional timing is included in SBI PO Prelims which makes this exam equally tough as SBI Clerk. SBI PO has there stages Prelims, Mains and Interview, one needs to prepare judiciously to qualify this examination. SBI Clerk has only two stages Prelims and Mains, but the competition is higher due to large number of vacancies.
State Bank of India recruits every year for the position of SBI Clerk junior associates(Customer Support & Sales) for clerical cadre with good entry-level package lets check it out in the blog below;
The choice depends solely on the aspirants perspective and situation. In this We will discuss the respective Job Profiles, Salary, Career Growth and Perks to help your decision give a concrete logical choice.
SBI PO vs SBI Clerk: Job Profile
The Job Profile of both these posts varies depending upon the job role. The Job Profile gives a clear idea to the candidate as it helps in understanding the roles and responsibilities. Job Profiles for SBI PO and SBI Clerk;
SBI PO: Job Profile
- A Probationary Officer is responsible for guiding the customers regarding the services and benefits of the bank’s offerings. For eg; Information regarding Bank Loans, mutual funds, and other wealth benefits.
- The training of the Probationary Officer also includes bringing more business to the bank through Marketing Strategies, new schemes for loans and benefits. He is also expected to have financial knowledge about the current market.
- Responsibilities of a Probationary Officer also includes having good skills and awareness of mind to hand all the cash transactions. Extreme caution needs to be maintained in this task, if there is any mismatch by the end of the day, the Probationary Officer has to compensate for it.
- One of the most important job roles of a Probationary Officer is to sign the final loan sanctions of the customers. Every background check has to be reviewed by a PO and hence the loan is passed.
SBI Clerk: Job Profile
- Upon receiving the call letter SBI Clerk Junior associates are called for 45 days of the training period.
- On successful completion of training, SBI Clerk Junior Associate has to go through a probation period of 6 months where he/she has to complete 15 e-lessons which contains details related to duties and functions of SBI.
- An SBI Clerk is responsible for solving all types of customer grievances and make sure that all queries and doubts of the customer are clear.
- Managing the administrative works along with taking the responsibility of the cashier are few important roles of an SBI Clerk junior associate.
- An SBI Clerk also needs to work as the branch salesperson, the employee has a monthly target to up-sell and cross-sell insurance policies, mutual funds, fixed deposits etc.
To know more about Exam dates of Banking, Download Entri App.
SBI PO And SBI Clerk PO: Career Growth with PayScale
A candidate needs to take into consideration the career growth in the respective profiles. Career Growth is important to know as it helps you determine in what time you can reach what amount of pay scale. A candidate will aim for the job which has better growth. The candidate can look at the options below and decide logically rather than taking a blind decision. The career growth and salary increment is almost same for both SBI PO and SBI Clerk;
SBI PO: Career Growth
|Probationary Officer or Assistant Manager||23700 – 980 – 30560 – 1145 – 32850 – 1310- 42020|
|Manager||31705 -1145 -32850 -1310 -45950|
|Senior Manager||42020 -1310 -48570 -1460 -51490|
|Chief Manager||50030 -1460 -55870 -1650 -59170|
|Assistant General Manager||59170 -1650 -62470 -1800 -66070|
|Deputy General Manager||68680 -1960 -76520|
|General Manager||76520 -2120 -85000|
|Executive Director (ED)||Approx. 1.5 + lac|
|Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)||Approx. 2 + lac|
SBI Clerk: Career Growth
- An SBI Clerk junior associate can either give an internal exam and get promoted to Trainee Officer in 2 years or else wait for at least 6 years for any promotion.
- Exams such as CAIIB(Certificate Association of the Indian Institute of Banking) and JAIIB(Junior Associate of the Indian Institute of Banking) also help in early-stage promotions.
- A rank of Junior Management Grade Scale-1 is given to an SBI Clerk junior associate once they clear the internal examination and become an SBI PO. A probationary period of 2 years has to be served by the employee.
- Once an SBI Clerk joins climbs up the ladder to SBI PO the career growth is similar to the points given above in SBI PO.
The Basic Pay Scale of SBI Clerk Salary 2019 is as follows;
11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110- 2120/1- 30230-1310/1-31450. The starting Basic Pay is `13075.00 (`11765.00 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates.)
SBI PO vs SBI Clerk: Allowances
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||39.80% of the Basic Pay (Revised Quarterly)||4%-7% of the Basic Pay (Depends on the place of posting)|
|Compensatory Allowances In City||@4%, 3% or 0% (Depends on the place of posting)||@4%-5% of Basic Pay (Depends on the place of posting)|
|Special Allowance||@ rate of 7.75%||R655 year on year increment|
|House Rent Allowances||7%-8% depending on the place of posting||6%-7% on basic pay depending upon the place of posting|
The Gross Salary of SBI PO ranges from 42,000-45,000 monthly depending on HRA.
The Gross Salary of SBI Clerk junior associate ranges from 25,000-27,000 monthly depending on place of posting.
SBI PO vs SBI Clerk: Benefits
|Medical Benefits||A compensation of 100% is given to the employee and 75% to the family members.||The Bank provides 100% medical benefits to the employee.|
|Leave Benefits||An SBI PO gets 33 days of yearly leave with an extra 12 days of casual leaves. Maternity leaves and sick leaves are also provided||SBI Clerk gets 12 casual leave with Pro-rata based leave once every month. On successful completion of 11 months, one can avail special leaves.|
|Travel Benefits||Traveling compensation across the country is given to the employee. Every 3 year the employee gets a certain sum of money to travel with the family across the country.||The respected banks provide vehicles rather than getting bills from employees. They can stay in bank guest house across the country.|
|Rental Accommodation||Rental accommodations of Rs8,000- Rs 26,000 is given to SBI PO employees depending upon the posting place.||Rental accommodations of an SBI clerk is between Rs4,000-Rs8,000 depending on the area posted.|
SBI PO carries a better standing in terms of Salary and Employee Benefits. SBI Clerk has an easier process of recruitment than SBI PO and the number of vacancies is also higher in number.
SBI PO or SBI Clerk both has its own perks and challenges, it depends on the candidate and his/her perspective and where the person wants to be a few years down the line.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope your idea of joining into any of the above organization is clearer now. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves improve your success rate.
Take a Mock Test , Download Entri App Today!
Discussion about this post