Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a government organisation that conducts various exams every year to recruit candidates for Group-B and Group-C posts in various ministries, departments and organisations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission was established in 1975. which includes full form of SSC CGL, CPO, JHT, CHSL, GD, MTS, JE.
To help you through such exams, the Entri App is your best companion. On the Entri App, you can gain access to tons of mock tests and quizzes. Download the Entri App and open up the doors to your dream job.
Attempt SSC Mock Tests! Download Entri App Now!
The SSC CGL full form is Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam. It is conducted to recruit candidates for group B and Group C posts in various departments of the Government of India. The Exam is conducted to fill vacancies of the following spots:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
Approximately, 15 lakh students appear for SSC CGL exam every year. So, the competition is immense, but not to fret! The Entri App is here for you.
SSC CPO full form is Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization. The SSC conducts a national Level test called the CPO exam for recruiting candidates into the Central Police Organization. The SSC CPO syllabus covers General Intelligence & Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge and Awareness, and English Comprehension. The Various Posts with Vacancies available will be:
- Sub-Inspector (SI) in Central Armed Police Forces
- (Male) Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police
- (Female) Sub-Inspector SI in Delhi Police
Every year, approximately 2 lakh aspirants appear for the SSC CPO Examination.
Ace your Preparation for SSC Exam! Download App Now!
SSC JHT full form is Staff Selection Commission Junior Hindi Translator. Every year, SSC conducts an open competitive Computer Based Examination for Combined Recruitment of:
- Junior Hindi Translator
- Junior Translator
- Senior Hindi Translator
- Hindi Pradhyapak Posts
The SSC Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) will comprise of two papers i.e. Paper-I (Computer Based Mode) & Paper-II (Descriptive).
Every year, approximately 12,000 aspirants appear for the SSC JHT Examination. Read on to find out more about the Full form of various exams conducted by the SSC.
SSC CHSL full form is Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination.The SSC conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination for recruitment of:
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO).
For applying, candidates must only have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
Every year, approximately 13 lakh students appear for the SSC CHSL examination. Though the number may seem daunting, do not worry as the Entri App can help you beat all the competition and help you rise to the top.;
Get Weekly Current Affairs on the Entri App
SSC GD full form is Stagg Selection Commission General Duty Examination. The SSC will conduct an open examination for recruitment to the posts of:
- Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles as per the Recruitment Scheme formulated by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
The recruitment process for SSC GD Constable 2018 Exam will consist of Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
Every year, approximately 30,000 aspirants take the examination.
SSC MTS full form is Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff. It is a national level exam conducted by SSC for recruitment of candidates in General Central Service Group-C non-gazetted, non-ministerial posts in various ministries, departments and offices of Government of India. Candidates recruited as multi-tasking staff by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) fall in Pay Band-1 (Rs 5,200-20,200) + Grade Pay Rs 1,800.
Every year, approximately 19 lakh students appear for the examinations. But, don’t cower in fear looking at the number, instead download the Entri App and start preparing.
SSC JE full form is Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC JE Exam every year to select eligible candidates for the recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying and Contracts) posts for various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
Approximately, 3 lakh candidates appear for SSC JE examination every year.
In this article, I have mentioned the Full Form of various exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). I have also expanded on them. A lot of these exams may seem daunting to an aspirant but do not stress out. The Entri App will help you through your preparation stage. With tons of video lectures and mock tests, you will gain an edge over other candidates. Click here to see how Mock Tests can improve your score. This is a very good time to prepare. Good Luck.
Discussion about this post