Staff Selection Commission of India had announced and released this year’s Multi-Tasking Recruitment (MTS) Exam 2019 on 22nd of April 2019. The last date to apply was on the 29th of May 2019. SSC MTS is one of the finest exams in India which gets conducted by SSC annually. It is a 10th level exam mainly conducted to recruit candidates to the non-technical posts under the various Government Organizations.
It is well known to be an easy level exam but requires a hardcore preparation and study as there are chances of making silly mistakes. SSC conducts the MTS exam in two main stages one being the Common Test and the other being the Descriptive Test. Having said this, this falls under the category of VEO and LDC where a mass number of people apply for this and the competition level is high. Lakhs of people appeared for the previous exam.
SSC MTS 2019 Exam Pattern
As pointed out earlier, SSC conducts the MTS exam in a two-fold stage. Part 1 being the Common Aptitude Test and Part 2 being the Descriptive one. Unlike the past years, this year 2019, SSC has decided to conduct the exam through an online mode test.
Also unlike the previous exam, the exam pattern this year has been changed to 100 questions in total compared to the earlier exam with 150 questions. Most importantly time duration of the exam has also been reduced to 90 minutes.
MARKS OUT OF
EXAM DURATION FOR PWD CANDIDATES
(Person with DIsabilities)
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
|II||GENERAL INTELLIGENCE AND REASONING||25||25|
|TOTAL||4 SECTIONS||100||90 minutes||120 minutes||100|
Please make note that PAper 1 will be an Objective type and the questions will be set in English as well as in Hindi. Also, be aware of the negative marks which carry 0.25 for each wrong answer.
SSC MTS Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for SSC MTS will be in the following ways;
- Paper I is just to test your basic English and Aptitude and the candidates succeeding this part has to pass the paper II section for them to get qualified.
- Paper-II will be descriptive in nature in which the candidates are supposed to write a short essay or letter in English or any language that has been prescribed in VIII of the Constitution.
- Considering the job requirements of this post under Group C category, Paper-II is all about testing the candidate’s elementary skills in recognition to what comprises Group C categories. Only then it will be qualifying in nature. However, if too many people pass the Paper 1 exam with an equal amount of marks, Marks scored in Paper-II shall be taken into merit consideration.
- Paper-II will be held for those candidates who meet the requirements and cut off prescribed as per the Commission, in Paper I for different categories.
- Post declaration of Paper-II candidates will be called for Document Verification to proceed for the further steps.
Keep a note of Certain documents that should be produced during the document verification process
- Qualification Certificates
- Proof of Identity (Aadhar card, Pan Card, etc)
- Birth Certificate to prove your Date of Birth
- Passport Size Photographs
- Reserved Category to produce Category Certificates
- Proof of Residence
SSC MTS 2019 CUT-OFF
Comparing to the previous years’ examinations held, the cut-off generally is categorized separately by State/UT wise, category wise cut-offs in Paper I.This is because the vacancies that are available would be in two ae groups i) 18 to 25 years ii) 18 to 27 years. This may vary according to which the Commission decides according to them age-wise.
Let’s take a look at the previous year’s exam cut off to get a general idea while preparing for the exam.
|Daman and Diu||62.00||45.00||45.00||45.00|
|Gujarat, Dadar and Nagar Haveli||62.00||45.00||57.50||57.50|
|Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry||84.00||78.50||72.75||72.75|