Table of Contents
For the SSC Havaldar recruitment, a physical test will be conducted in the second stage of the selection process. SSC Havaldar Physical Test is further divided into Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test. For candidates to get recruited, qualifying for the Physical Test is mandatory.
- Candidates who get shortlisted after Paper-I will appear for PET/PST.
- Failing the physical test will result in disqualification.
- Candidates can be called for PET/PST at any center across the country.
- Relaxation will be provided to PwD candidates for which required documents have to be presented on the day of the test.
SSC Havaldar Overview
|SSC Havaldar Overview|
|Recruiting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Official Website||Staff Selection Commission|
|Number of Vacancies||3603|
|Dates for submission of online applications||22nd March 2022|
|Last date and time for receipt of online
|30th April 2022|
|Last date and time for making online fee
|2nd May 2022|
|Last date and time for generation of offline
|3rd May 2022|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during
working hours of Bank)
|4th May 2022|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form
Correction’ and online payment of Correction Charges
|5th May to 9th May 2022|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination
|5th July to 22nd July 2022|
|Dates of Paper-II Examination (Descriptive)||To be Notified|
Aspirants should keep in mind that for SSC Havaldar Recruitment, a physical test will be conducted in the second stage of the selection process.
SSC Havaldar Physical Test is further divided into Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test. And also the physical test qualification is mandatory for the candidates to be admitted.
Aspirants must check the SSC MTS Havaldar PET & PST Standards before appearing for the physical test.
SSC Havaldar PST Requirements
Aspirants during the SSC Havaldar selection process must meet specific physical requirements which are listed separately for male and female aspirants. The physical requirements are therefore listed below:
- Male Candidates
For male candidates, the requirement is given in the table below:
|157.5 cm. (there is relaxation of 5 cm in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Schedule Tribes)||Unexpanded: 76 cms Minimum expansion: 5 cms|
- Female Candidates
For Female candidates, the requirement is given in the table below:
|152 cm (there is relaxation of 2.5 Cms in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Schedule Tribes)||48 kg (there is relaxation of 2 Kg in the case of Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas and members of Schedule Tribes)|
SSC Havaldar PET Requirements
A Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be conducted for two activities for applicants. There are two activities – cycling and walking. Candidates will have to cover a certain distance in a fixed time. Required details for male and female aspirants are as follows:
- Male Candidates
The physical test requirements for male aspirants are given in the table below:
|8 Kms. in 30 minutes||1600 meters in 15 minutes.|
- Female Candidates
The physical test requirements for female aspirants are given in the table below:
|1 Km in 20 minutes||3 Kms. in 25 minutes|
Important Points for SSC Havaldar Physical Test:
Aspirants should keep the following given points in mind:
- Cycling is not required for the post of Havaldar in DGPM, CBIC.
- Female aspirants known to be 12 weeks or more pregnant will be declared temporarily ineligible. Their candidacy will be suspended until they finish their confinement. Vacancies of these candidates will remain unfilled. A PET review will be conducted six weeks later for these candidates.
- PET/PST requirements are subject to an exception for candidates with disabilities(PwD).
How To Prepare For SSC Havaldar Physical Test?
Before appearing for the SSC Havaldar Physical Test, the candidates should prepare well. Given below are points that will be helpful.
- Read the details of the Physical Standard Test carefully.
- Once you know about the physical tests, you can start working on it. Daily time your Cycling and Walking activities and work on improving them to meet the commission’s requirements.
- Time your cycling and walking and make improvements accordingly.
- Take care of your nutrition.
- Do not lose any sleep as you will need energy on the day of the test.
What is after SSC Havaldar Physical Test
The final stage of the SSC Havaldar Selection Process will be the descriptive test (Paper II). This paper will be conducted in an offline mode. The purpose of this test is to test the basic language skills of the candidates.
- The candidates will be required to write a short essay and a letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the constitution.
- The Maximum marks allotted is 50 (25 for essay and 25 for letter writing).
- The duration of the exam will be 45 minutes (60 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribes).
- This paper will be only qualifying in nature. However, if more than one candidate scores equal marks in Paper-I, the marks for Paper-II will be used to decide merit.
The candidates must score minimum qualifying marks. Here are the details of category-wise minimum qualifying marks for Paper-II.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
SSC Havaldar Selection Process Merit List Preparation
Once all the stages of the selection process are conducted, the commission will shortlist the candidates. Here is how the preparation of the merit list will be done.
- In order to be eligible for the PET/ PST and Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1: 6 (vacancies: candidates) on the basis of their performance in Paper-I.
- Candidates who fail in the PET/PST will be disqualified.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for document verification based on their performance in Paper-I, successful qualification in PET/PST and scoring cut off marks in Paper-II.
- In case of any tie in the marks of Paper-I, the following points will be the tie-breaker-
- Total Marks in paper-II
- Marks in Part-IV of CBE.
- Date of birth i.e. the candidate older in age gets preference.
- Alphabetical order of the names.
Documents Required For SSC Havaldar Selection Process
All the candidates who are shortlisted will be called for Document Verification. This is an important stage in the SSC Havaldar Selection Process. The candidates will be required to bring original documents along with their copies. Here is a list of documents required.
- Two passport size recent color 21 photographs and one original Photo ID Proof.
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belongs to reserved categories.
- PwD Certificate in the required format, if applicable
- For Ex- Servicemen- Serving Defence Personnel Certificate as per Annexure-VII, if applicable. Undertaking as per Annexure-VIII. Discharge Certificate, if discharged from the Armed Forces
- Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
- No Objection Certificate, in case already employed in Government/ Government undertakings.
- Any other document specified in the Admission Certificate for Document Verification
SSC Havaldar Physical Test FAQs
Q:What will the SSC Havaldar Physical Test consist of?
The Physical Test will consist of a Physical Standard Test and a Physical Efficiency Test.
Q: Which activities will be done for the Physical Efficiency Test?
The candidates will be tested based on their performance in Cycling and Walking.
Q: Does the SSC Havaldar Physical Test carry any marks?
No, the physical test does not carry any marks. However, qualifying for the test is necessary.
Q: Is there any relaxation in the Physical Standard Test?
Yes, relaxation will be provided to PwD candidates in the PST.
Q: Once the candidates qualify for the physical test, what will be the next stage?
After the Physical test, there will be a descriptive test.