A stenographer is the one who can note down the speeches, and memos by the officers in shorthand script with a high speed and able to reproduce the same in other language scripts without losing the writings. One must have accurate and fast typing skills as well as transcribing skills to excel in this job. To hire qualified personnel in the personal assistant or stenographer positions in various central government departments, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC Stenographer recruitment test. Through this recruitment, the commission hires candidates to various departments based on their stenography skills. Here we are checking the various SSC Stenographer Posts List 2021 and the departments which hire them.
SSC Stenographer Posts List 2021
Every year the Staff Selection Commission hires higher secondary school graduates with stenography skills to various central government services through open recruitment. With a single-stage exam followed by the skill test, this particular SSC recruitment has comparatively low competition. If you have the stenography skill set, then you can easily slide to the central services without sweating much. Comparing to other Staff Selection Commission’s recruitment tests, the questions asked in the Stenographer Computer Based Test is easy. Various central services and departments use this recruitment to selects the stenographers for their teams. While recruiting, the commission categorizes the posts into two grades. The salary, job profile and the hiring departments category, etc have slight variations two these two grades, The two available SSC Stenographer posts details are as follows:
- Stenographer Grade ‘C’
During the skill test, one should be able to type 800 words at 80 words per minute rate.
- Stenographer Grade ‘D’
The required skill speed for Grade ‘D’ positions is 1000 words at the rate of 100 words per minute.
Difference between Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ Posts
Through the Staff Selection Commission’s Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ recruitment, departments across central government services hires qualified stenographers. While recruiting them, the commission categorizes the SSC Stenographer Posts into two grades: Grade C, and Grade D. The Grade C stenographers have higher pay and suppose to work with the officers of Deputy rank and above as personal assistants. The Grade ‘C’ stenographers can do get higher chances in promotions to the Lower Division Clerk positions. Both SSC Stenographer posts are a non-gazetted position with all India working liability with the pay scale of Rs. 9,300-34,800 for Grade ‘C’ and Rs. 5,200-20,200 for Grade ‘D’.
The Grade ‘D’ Stenographers posts are expected to be grouped under Group X and Group Y. They are:
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: Group X
- Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service Grade D
- Central Secretariat Stenographers Service Grade D
- Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer Service, Grade D
- Directorate of Forensic Science
- Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Election Commission of India Stenographers Grade D
- Indian Foreign Service (B) Grade III
- Any other Departments/ Offices not mentioned above
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: Group Y
- Subordinate Offices of Government of India located all over India
- Accounts General (Accounts and Estt.)
- Offices of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- Accountant General (Audit)
- Controller General of Defence Accounts and Any other offices/ Organizations not mentioned above
The SSC Stenographers of Grade ‘C’ positions are expected to serve mostly in New Delhi, the National Capital Region areas in departments such as:
- Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service Grade ‘C’
- Central Vigilance Commission
- President’s Secretariat
- Indian Foreign Service (B)
- Election Commission of India
- Posts of Stenographers in Government Departments, and Organizations and Attached Offices of the Government of India
Entri wishes you all the best for your next Staff Selection Commission’s Stenographer Grade ‘C’, and Grade ‘D’ written examination. Start your Computer Based Test preparation today itself with India’s leading learning platform, Entri. Entri will help you with thousands of mock questions, video lectures, and previous year questions. Download Entri, to get instant access to free study materials.