Table of Contents
The Staff Selection Commission has published the recruitment notification date for the SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) 2021. If you want to get appointed as an SSC MTS, you need to know the rigorous SSC MTS selection process for the year 2021. Apart from this, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria that are requisite for a Multi Tasking Staff in SSC to appear for the selection procedure. In this article, we have discussed the complete selection process of the SSC MTS exam. Moreover, you will further get to know the step by the step instructions for the SSC MTS selection procedure as per the latest SSC MTS notification 2021. Also, get well versed with the SSC MTS final selection process, the result in case of a tie as well as the required documents for the document verification process.
SSC MTS Vacancy 2021
Tentative vacancies of around 10,000 are announced for the post of Multi-tasking staff 2021 including all reserved category seats.
SSC MTS Selection Process 2021
Candidates who have filled up the SSC MTS application form 2021 correctly will have to appear for the different phases of the exam and qualify to be eligible for an appointment. The selection procedure for SSC MTS includes a three-stage process. You have to clear each stage to be called in for the next stage of the recruitment process. The three stages of the SSC MTS Selection Process are as follows:
SSC MTS Stage I: Computer-Based Examination (Paper-I)
SSC MTS Stage II: Descriptive Paper (Paper-II)
SSC MTS Stage III: Document Verification
- The selection process for SSC MTS 2021 will be usually made on the basis of marks secured in Paper I. However, the commission will take the marks of paper II in case of a tie.
- Also, in case of a tie, the commission will break the tie by adopting appropriate methods as described in this article below.
- The final selection and allocation of States/UTs are made based on the performance in Paper I and the candidate’s preference as stated in the application form.
- The commission releases the various SSC MTS cut-offs for each State/UT.
- The normalized marks of SSC MTS Paper I will be used to decide the final merit list.
- Final selection is subject to the documents submitted by the candidates in the document verification round.
There are 2 exams that are involved in the SSC MTS selection process, which the candidates must clear – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Thus, the final mode of selection of aspirants for the post of Multi Tasking Staff is depending on their performance in SSC MTS Paper 1.
Paper 1 of SSC MTS is a preliminary test of objective type questions. Those who are able to secure the cut off for Paper 1 will be eligible for attending Paper 2.
SSC MTS cut-offs for Paper 1 and qualifying marks in Paper 2 will vary for various States/UTs.However, only the marks of Paper 1 will be considered while selecting the candidates provided they qualify Paper 2 as well.
SSC MTS Selection Process for Paper 1
Computer-based examination or computer-based test (CBT) is the first stage for the SSC Selection process stage I (Paper 1).
- The SSC MTS Paper I encompasses objective type questions.
- The SSC MTS Paper I comprises 4 sections.
- The total marks in SSC MTS Paper I is 200 and the duration of the test is 90 minutes.
- There is no sectional cutoff for Paper 1, but there is an overall cutoff for the same.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks in SSC MTS Paper I for every incorrect response made by the applicant.
- The cutoff marks for SSC MTS Paper I will differ for each State/UT.
- The scores will be released for each candidate as per the process of normalization.
- The candidates securing the cut off marks will be called for the second stage of the selection process which is a Descriptive Paper (Paper-II).
SSC MTS Selection Process for Paper 2
Those candidates who qualify for the SSC MTS paper-I will be called to attend the SSC MTS Paper-II exam.
- SSC MTS Paper-II is a descriptive type paper.
- In this stage, the candidates have to write a letter or an essay that carries 50 marks.
- The medium of the descriptive paper in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
- The total number of marks in Paper-II is 50 marks.
- SSC MTS Paper-II is qualifying in nature.
The brief breakdown of the two-stage selection process is highlighted in the table below
|Exam||Subjects||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25 questions||25 marks|
|Numerical Aptitude||25 questions||25 marks|
|General English||25 questions||25 marks|
|General Awareness||25 questions||25 marks|
|Paper 2||Short Essay or Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||1 question||50 marks|
SSC MTS Selection Process for Reserved Category Candidates
- Reserved category (SC, ST, OBC, EWS, PH) candidates who are shortlisted on their own merit with relaxed standards, will not be given preference or adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies in SSC MTS.
- They will be assisted against the unreserved vacancies as per the merit list.
- PH category candidates who qualify SSC MTS on the basis of relaxed standards such as, qualification, age limit, experience, cut off etc will be counted against reserved vacancies.
SSC MTS Selection Process for Tie Resolution
For instances where more than one candidate scores equal aggregate marks, the tie will be resolved by applying any one of the tie-breaking parameters mentioned below one after another.
- One among the two who secures higher marks in SSC MTS Paper-II
- Date of birth will be considered i.e. the candidate who is older in age gets preferred.
- Alphabetical order of the names of the candidates ie whose name comes first will be given first preference.
Documents Required for SSC MTS Document Verification
After drafting the merit list for SSC MTS 2021 recruitment, the Commission will issue admit cards to the selected candidates for the last and final round of the selection process, i.e. the Document Verification (DV). Here is a list of documents that you have to produce at the time of the SSC MTS Document Verification. Kindly note that if any information is found faulty in the documents, then you will be debarred from appearing in the examinations of the Commission.
- Government-issued ID proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, etc.
- 10th and 12th-grade certificates.
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if belonging to the reserved categories.
- Person with Disabilities Certificate in the required format, if appropriate.
- Letter in respect of claiming equivalent Educational Qualifications, indicating the Authority ( number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate has claimed a particular qualification as an equivalent qualification.
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM): If undertaking as per Annexure-V or Serving Defence Personnel Certificate as per Annexure-IV, if relevant. Also, Discharge Certificate, if discharged from the Armed Forces.
- Relevant Certificate if seeking any age relaxation.
- No Objection Certificate, in the case of already employed in Government/ Government undertaking.
- Document supporting change in name after matriculation on marriage or remarriage or divorce, etc if any.
- Additionally, any other document specified for Document Verification in the Admission Certificate.
SSC MTS Result 2021
SSC MTS Result is anticipated to be published within two months from the day Paper 1 and Paper 2 exams are conducted respectively.
- SSC MTS Answer Keys for both papers will be released before the declaration of results.
- The results will be published on ssc.nic.in, the official website of the SSC. The results will be available in pdf format including Roll Number, Name, Category and Ranks.
- To be shortlisted for the recruitment, a candidate is required to meet the cutoff.
The aforementioned information is provided as a source of reference for candidates who are applying for the SSC MTS post. The candidates can meanwhile check out the various study materials on Entri to level up the study preparations.
|SSC MTS Exam Information Links|
|SSC MTS Notification||SSC MTS Mock Test|
|SSC MTS Syllabus||SSC MTS Video Course|
|SSC MTS Exam Date||SSC MTS Study Materials|
|SSC MTS Application Form||SSC MTS Interview Questions|
|SSC MTS Vacancy||SSC MTS Job Profile|
|SSC MTS Admit Card||SSC MTS Salary|
|SSC MTS Study Plan||SSC MTS Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|SSC MTS Previous Question Papers||SSC MTS Result|
|SSC MTS Best Books||SSC MTS Cutoff|
|SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria||SSC MTS Exam Analysis|
|SSC MTS Answer Key|