Table of Contents
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts tests for the Group 2 category to shortlist candidates for the selection to different posts under the Civil services in Tamil Nadu. It is through the Combined government officials Examination – II, that the candidates are selected for various posts under categories 2 and 2A. Read the entire article to understand more about the TNPSC Group 2 interview questions and tips and preps to ace the interview.
Although the choice process of the TNPSC Group 2 undergoes various steps, the ultimate selection depends on the candidate’s performance within the interview. The TNPSC Group 2 has a three-level selection process which consists of two exams – prelims and mains and an interview round. However, before we look into the interview questions let’s have a quick read at what the TNPSC group 2 exam is about.
TNPSC Group 2 2021 Overview
The TNPSC Group-2 may be a state-level exam conducted per annum for aspiring candidates who wish to hitch the civil services of Tamil Nadu. The shortened form for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is TNPSC. However, the TNPSC usually consists of 4 groups namely Group 1, 2, 3, and 4. The TNPSC Group-2 is further classified into two divisions which are TNPSC Group -2 and TNPSC Group -2 A.
The TNPSC Group 2 2021 notification are going to be released soon on the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Therefore, the candidates applying for TNPSC Group 2 2021 must complete the registration process before the time limit.
|TNPSC Group 2 2021 Exam Highlights|
|Name of the Exam||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2 Exam|
|Acronym||TNPSC Group 2|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Medium of Exam||English, Tamil|
|Exam Duration||Prelims: 3 hours
Mains: 3 hours +1 hour 30 minutes
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
Some Common Misconceptions About Interviews
Mentioned below are a couple of common misconceptions about interviews that the majority of folks have.
- Interviews are some kind of an ‘evaluation’, where the interviewer asks a couple of questions and therefore the candidate answers passively.
- All the interviewers ask the same questions.
- Most of us have this thought that the Interviewers are trying to trap or place down the candidates.
- You shouldn’t be asking the interviewer anything.
- It is just best to ‘wing’ for an interview with no preparations.
- The most qualified person gets the job.
- Looks don’t matter, performance does.
These are just a couple of the misconceptions that a candidate has before attending a face to face interview. Keeping in mind these misconceptions, let’s read further on and check the ways to ace an interview.
TNPSC Group 2 Important Interview Questions
The objective of the TNPSC Group 2 interview is to assess the potential of the candidate and choose them for a career within the government officials by a Board of experienced and unbiased interviewers. The candidates will be interviewed by a Board of highly qualified members who are going to be having their career record. The interviewers will ask the candidates questions related to general matters. This interview weighs the calibre of the candidate. They will be chosen following their intellectual qualities, social traits and interest in current affairs.
The questions asked within the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission are different from the other normal interviews. Have a glance at a number of the TNPSC Group 2 interview questions detailed below.
- Self Introduction
- Graduation related questions
- To talk about the candidate’s district profile
- Current affairs
- Current issues in India/Tamil Nadu
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Department based questions to those candidates who are already working with the Government
- Various Group 2 posts related questions
Tips and Preps for TNPSC Group 2 Interview
A candidate attending the TNPSC Group 2 interview must look smart and talk in an even smarter way. Therefore, for the important questions that are expected to be asked, we offer you a couple of free tips that you simply can take.
- For the Self Intro, you’ll include details like your name, place, qualifications, family background, experience, hobbies and interests and present it in a very smart and innovative manner.
- For the graduation related questions, you’ll pick any two important topics that you simply are well versed about.
- When you are briefing about your district profile, however, confirm that you recognise and know all about its history, politics, recent development and current affairs, culture and social problems.
- Read newspapers and watch the news and google some more about the present affairs in India and Tamil Nadu and give your best shot at it. You can attempt Mock Tests to further develop your knowledge within the current affairs section.
- For those candidates who are already working with the government, know your department well as you will be asked questions associated with it.
What to do when attending the interview
- Greet the interviewer or panel members with a great smile.
- Wait until you’re offered a seat.Sit straight confidently together with your backs upright.
- Be an active listener and a good talker.
- Take time before answering a question. Think and speak clearly with varied tones to show your interest and enthusiasm.
- Have a good and honest command of your language and speak with confidence.
- If you do not understand any question that the interviewer asks, do not feel shy to ask them to repeat it again.
- Maintain good eye contact and express your thoughts in the best possible way.
- Be sure to ask a couple of questions to the interviewer to point out your interest in the job.
- Maintain a positive vibe all along.
- Be very friendly, polite and calm.
So gear up and wear your style and keep it going, readers. Entri wishes you the best for your upcoming interview.