TNPSC is expected to come out with the much delayed TNPSC Group 2 Notification any time soon. The last exam held was in 2018. It has been a long wait for the candidates which could be a blessing in disguise as they have more time to prepare for the exam. Entri brings to you the notification and updates in a timely and concise manner, so watch this space for the latest exam details. Here we bring you the tentative timeline of the TNPSC Group 2 Exam Date as proposed in Annexure VI of the last notification. As you can see things have not happened as planned.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: Tentative Timeline for the Recruitment Process
|1||Preliminary Examination results||February 2019|
|2||Main Written Examination||May 2019|
|3||Main Written Examination results||August 2019|
|4||Certificate Verification||September 2019|
|5||Oral Test||October 2019|
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: All about it
- Group 2 and 2A services in the Tamil Nadu PSC are one of the highly attractive and competitive examinations in the state.
- In TNPSC Group 2 services there are nearly 18 designations spread across the various departments. Group 02 services posts are usually available with the Subordinate Service, Ministerial Service, and Secretariat Services of Tamil Nadu state government.
- The Group 02 service is one grade higher than that of Grade 02A.
- TNPSC Group 2A has been merged with Group 2, hence a common notification for the recruitment will be released. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the website https://apply.tnpscexams.in once the notification is released.
- While Group 2 is done based on the preliminary examination, main written examination and Interview, candidates for Group 2A are selected based on marks secured in the written exam only.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: How to Apply Online
- Once the notification is out, candidates are first required to log on to the TNPSC’s website www.tnpsc.gov.in
- Click “Apply Online” to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- Select the name of the post or service for which you wish to apply.
- If you already have a Unique ID, enter the Unique ID and password to view the already available information and update them, if necessary.
- If you do not have the valid ID, enter all the required particulars without skipping any field.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications
are given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature. An online
application uploaded without the photograph and signature will be rejected.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam: One Time Registration – OTR
TNPSC One Time Registration (OTR) is mandatory for all the candidates to apply for the recruitment examinations conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates who have One Time Registration ID (Unique ID) and password, have to apply separately for all Notifications. One Time Registration will not be considered as an application for any post
TNPSC Group 2: Selection Mode
In Combined Civil Services Examination–02 (Interview Posts) or Group-02 Services, selection is made in three successive stages
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Written Examination and
- Oral Test
- While for the Group 2 A services there is only a single-stage written examination. No interview or separate Preliminary and Main examination.
- Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil for Group 2 and 2A services.
TNPSC Group 2: Posts and Pay
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4800
- Deputy Commercial Tax Officer
- Sub Registrar, Grade 2
- Probation Officer in the Prison Department –
- Assistant Inspector of Labour
- Junior Employment Officer (Non-Differently Abled)
- Junior Employment Officer (Differently Abled)
- Special Assistant in Vigilance and Anti Corruption
- Special Branch Assistant in Intelligence wing of the Police Department
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4600
- Assistant Section Officer in TNPSC
- ASO cum Programmer in TNPSC
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay Rs.4300
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit
- Audit Inspector in Hindu Religious
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives
The scale of Pay: Rs.9300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.4200
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in TN Agricultural Marketing and Agricultural Business Department
- Handloom Inspector
- Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department – Rs.5200-20200 + GP 2800
- Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayat Department – Rs.5200 –20200 + GP Rs. 2400
TNPSC Group 2A: Posts and Pay
The scale of Pay: Rs.5200- 20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2800/
- Personal Clerk in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service (Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Industries and Commerce Department, Industries and Commerce Department,etc.)
- Assistant in the Divisions of Commercial Taxes Department
The scale of Pay: Rs.5200- 20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2600/
- Assistant in various Departments in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service / Secretariat
Service / Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service/ Cooperative Subordinate Service
- Lower Division Clerk in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly
The scale of Pay: Rs.5200- 20200+ Grade Pay Rs.2400/-
- Junior Co-operative Auditor in the Co-operative Audit Department
TNPSC Group 2A – Revised Syllabus
As you wait patiently for the exam notification, it would be better to keep all exam preparatory material ready. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.