Table of Contents
Study materials and important notes are a great way through which the aspirants can prepare themselves for the Government examinations. The candidates must gather a few important books and study materials through which they can revise important subjects related to the examination. UPPSC will be conducting the PSC examination soon so the candidates are requested to go through the blog given below to get information regarding the UPPSC preparation strategy – Detailed UPPSC preparation materials to crack the UPPSC exam.
UPPSC Preparation Strategy
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts PSC examination to invite people for the various vacancies presented by the organisation. The candidates have to go through the preliminary examinations and the main examination to get a chance in the recruitment opportunities presented by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. There are various papers conducted in both the preliminary examination and the mains examination of UPPSC. You can check out the UPPSC preparation strategy given below with the study plan, exam pattern and syllabus and start your UPPSC exam preparation.
UPPSC Preparation Strategy: Exam Pattern
- The preliminary examination will consist of two papers.
- Both of the papers in the preliminary examination will be 200 marks.
- The preliminary examination papers will be of objective type.
- The main examination in UPPSC will consist of seven papers and a descriptive type exam for a total of 1400 marks.
- Finally, the candidates will have to give an interview.
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- There will be a penalty of 1/3rd marks for Wrong Answers.
UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
|Name of Paper||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration
|Paper-1 – General Studies I||150||200||9.30 to 11.30 A.M|
|Paper-1 – General Studies II||100||200||2.30 to 4.30 pm|
UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2021
|Name of Paper||Total Marks||Time Duration
|General Hindi||150||3 hours|
|General Studies (First Paper)||200|
|General Studies (Second Paper)||200|
|General Studies (Third Paper)||200|
|General Studies (Fourth Paper)||200|
UPPSC Preparation Strategy: Syllabus
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2021
Given below is the latest UPPCS Preparation Material for the preliminary examinations. Check out important UPPSC preparation books and start preparation for UPPSC exams at the earliest.
General Studies Paper I
- Current events of National & International importance: Questions will be asked from Current Affairs of last 6 months to 1 year
- Indian History and National Movement: Social, economic & political aspects of the history of India; knowledge of freedom movement, growth of nationalism and Indian Independence
- Indian Geography and World Geography – Physical geography, Socio-economic Geography & World Geography
- Indian Polity & Governance – Constitution, Political System, Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, Community Development, Public Policy, Rights issues, Panchayati Raj, etc.
- Social and Economic Development – Sustainable Development, Demographics, Poverty Inclusion, Social Sector initiatives, Population, Environment, Urbanization
- Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – general issues & awareness
- General Science- Understanding of Basic Science
General Studies Paper-II
General English (Up to Class 10th)
- Active & Passive Voice
- Parts of Speech
- Direct & Indirect speech
- Punctuations & Spellings
- Meaning of words
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the blanks
- Idioms & phrases
Mathematics (Up to Class 10th)
- Arithmetic: Number systems, L.C.M & H.C.F, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound interests and Work and Time, Speed, Time and Distance
- Algebra: Factors of polynomials, LCM & HCF, Remainder theorem, linear equations, quadratic equations; Set Theory – null set/subsets/proper subsets, Operations. Venn diagram
- Geometry: Constructions & theorems of Triangle/rectangle/square/trapezium/circles; Volume & surface area of sphere/cylinder/Cone and Cube
- Statistics: Collection & Classification of data, frequency, cumulative frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, representation of data through Bar Graph/Pie chart/histogram/polygon/frequency curves, Measures of Central Tendency: Mean/Median/Mode
General Hindi (Up to Class 10th)
- शब्द रचना
- वाक्य रचना
- संधि & समास
- अनेकार्थी शब्द
- विलोम शब्द
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे & लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव
- देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- मुख्य बोलियाँ
UPPSC Mains Syllabus 2021
Given below are the details regarding the UPPCS Study Material of different subjects. Check out the list of optional and compulsory subjects of the UPPSC mains examinations. The aspirants must prepare themselves according to the various papers of the UPPSC mains examination.
|Psychology||Public Administration||Urdu Lit.||Commerce & Accountancy|
|Civil Engineering||Zoology||Hindi Lit.||Sociology|
|Anthropology||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Management|
|Medical Science||Law||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Statistics|
हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह, क्रियाएं, अनेकार्थी शब्द, हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियां, वर्तनी, त्तसम एवं तद्भव देशज विदेशी (शब्द भंडार), विलोम शब्द, पर्यायवाची, अर्थबोध, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां
There will be three sections in the question paper of the Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, the UPPCS Study Material of the essay will be based on the following sphere:
- Section A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
- Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
- Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought, etc. (3) National Development programs and projects
General Studies (First Paper)
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Significant events, personalities and issues, etc
- The Freedom Struggle- its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A.D.)
- The history of the world will include events from 18 century to the middle of the 20 century such that
as the French revolution of 1789, the industrial revolution, World Wars, redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc-their forms, and effect on society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems, and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization, and globalization and their effects on the economy,
polity and social structure.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism
- Distribution of major natural resources of World- Water, Soils, Forests about South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- Salient features of Physical Geography- Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds, and glaciers.
- Oceanic resources of India and their potential.
- The human migration-refugee problem of the World with a focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries regarding the Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages
General Studies (Second Paper)
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure, Role of Supreme Court in the evolution of basic provisions of Constitution.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges about the federal structure, devolution of powers, and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in centre-state financial relations.
- Separation of powers, dispute redressal mechanisms, and institutions. Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic countries.
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers and privileges, and concerning issues.
- Structure, organization, and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government, Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Representation of People’sAct.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions, and their responsibilities.
- Statutory, regulatory, and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features, and functioning.
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation, and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development processes- the role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions, and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on the body politic.
- Important aspects of governance. Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters, and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging trends.
- India and its relationship with neighbouring countries.
- Bilateral, Regional, and Global groupings and agreements involving India and/ or affecting India’s interest.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate, and functioning.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue, and Judicial System.
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National, and International importance.
General Studies (Third Paper)
- Economic planning in India, objectives, and achievements. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice, and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices, Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping, issues of buffer stocks and food security, Technology missions in agriculture.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy, and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
- Science and technology developments and applications in everyday life and National Security, India’s Science and Technology Policy.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology, indigenization of technology. Developments of New technologies, transfer of technology, dual and critical use technologies.
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology, Computers, Energy resources, nanotechnology, microbiology, biotechnology. Issues relating to intellectual property rights (IPR), and digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems, Conservation of Wildlife, Biodiversity, Environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment,
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation, and management.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of Nuclear proliferation, Causes and spread of extremism, Communication networks, the role of media and social networking, Basics of cybersecurity, money laundering, and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: Terrorism, corruption, insurgency, and organized crimes.
- The role, kind, and mandate of security forces, Higher defence organizations in India18- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy:- Overview of UP Economy: State Budgets. Importance of Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure, and physical resources. Human Resources and Skill development. Government Programmes and Welfare Schemes.
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with special reference to U.P.
General Studies (Fourth Paper)
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants, and consequences of Ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values-lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers, and administrators, the role of family, society, and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: Content, structure, function, its influence, and relation with thought and behaviour, moral and political attitudes, social influence, and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance, and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- concept and dimensions, its utility and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and the world.
- Public/Civil Service Values and Ethics in Public Administration: status and problems, ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions, laws, rules, regulations, and conscience as sources of ethical guidance, accountability, and ethical governance, strengthening of moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: the concept of public service, the philosophical basis of governance and probity, information sharing, and transparency in government. Right to Information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen’s charter, work culture, quality of service delivery, utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case studies
UPPSC Preparation Strategy: Important Notes
Given below are some important study notes which will be highly beneficial for the students who are willing to give the UPPSC examination. You can check out the UPPSC study material given below for specific subjects.
- Current affairs of National & International importance- One newspaper every day
- Indian History and National Movement- NCERT and for Modern History – Spectrum (Rajiv Ahir)
- National Movement – IGNOU B.A. Notes
- Indian and World Geography- School Textbooks from Class 6th to Class 12th
- Polity and Indian Governance- Laxmikanth and the candidates can also read School textbooks.
- Development and Social Economic- School textbooks from Class 9th to Class 12th.
- Climate Change and Biodiversity, Environmental Ecology – PD Sharma
- General Science- The aspirants can read School textbooks from Class 6th to Class 12th.
- Aptitude Examination- M.K Pandey’s Analytical Reasoning and R.S Aggarwal’s Quantitative Aptitude
Entri helps the aspirants of Government examinations by providing free video lessons and mock tests. The mock test and free video lessons help the candidates to prepare themselves in advance for all of the Government examinations. You can enrol yourself today and get the benefits of various kinds to crack the next Government examination.
|UPPSC Exam Information Links|
|UPPSC Notification||UPPSC Syllabus|
|UPPSC Exam date||UPPSC Video Course|
|UPPSC Application Form||UPPSC Mock Test|
|UPPSC Vacancy||UPPSC Interview Questions|
|UPPSC Admit Card||UPPSC Job Profile|
|UPPSC Study Plan||UPPSC Salary|
|UPPSC Previous Question papers||UPPSC Preparation Tips and Tricks|
|UPPSC Best books||UPPSC Result|
|UPPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPPSC Cutoff|
|UPPSC Selection Process||UPPSC Exam Analysis|
|UPPSC Answer key|