Table of Contents
IIT Kharagpur has officially issued the notification for the registration and submission of the application form for the upcoming GATE exam 2022. The registration portal is open for easy access to the candidates. The official website is open for the candidates to log in to their accounts and check for the latest updates available. Check the official website of IIT for more details regarding the GATE 2022 and Apply Online Now! Before applying for the post, the candidates need to check the GATE 2022 eligibility criteria proposed by the exam conducting authority. The candidates should look through the nationality, academic qualification, nationality and age limit. The candidates should meet the requirements proposed by the authority to attend the exam. Keep track of the GATE 2022 exam dates too.
The GATE exam 2022 is one of the prestigious exams conducted by IIT. Those candidates who wish to apply for the post should start the preparation at the earliest stage of their studies. The candidates can visit the official website to know the details of the exam and the notification attached to it. Only those candidates who can fulfill the eligibility criteria will only be qualified to appear for the upcoming exam. Check this page to understand the proposed eligibility criteria for the GATE exam 2022. Check here to know regarding the criteria for GATE 2022 exam qualification and apply online.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2022
IIT Kharagpur has issued the notification which states the eligibility criteria for the upcoming GATE exam 2022. Those candidates who wish to attend the exam should make sure to satisfy all the proposed requirements by the exam conducting body. The candidates are advised to visit the official website to know more about the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
The eligibility criteria may vary based on the personal paper preference of the candidates. The candidates should check their nationality, age and proposed educational qualification before starting the preparation for the exam. The GATE exam 2022 has a high standard to meet. Those candidates who are applying for the post must be in a position to satisfy all the requirements for the exam. The candidates should check out the general eligibility criteria along with the paper specific eligibility criteria.
- Graduation in engineering/technology or a Master’s degree in any relevant science subject from the recognized college or university is eligible for the submission of the application form.
- Those candidates belonging to the final stage of their engineering graduation is also eligible to attend the exam
- The candidates who are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India who is currently pursuing their 3rd-year degree or have already passed the initial level above 3 years in Technology, Arts, Commerce and Science are also eligible to apply for the GATE Exam 2022.
GATE 2022 Age Limit
- The GATE exam conducting official authority has already issued the notification suggesting the age limit of the candidates.
- The most interesting factor about the GATE exam 2022 is the there is no particular age limit for the candidates who wish to apply for the exam.
- Since there is no age limit, the number of candidates applying for the post is tremendously increasing every year.
- The candidates should prepare well enough to tackle down the exam.
- Those candidates who are belonging to India can attend the exam whereas those candidates belonging to other nations are also eligible to attend the exam.
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria (Paper-wise)
Candidates should check the paper wise eligibility criteria prepared by the official authority. Those candidates who fail to meet the requirements will be immediately rejected. Those candidates are not allowed to attend the exam at the exam centres.
|Program||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Eligibility Criteria
||Year of Completion|
|B.E. / B.Tech. / B. Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Diploma in Engineering / Technology||Pursuing 3rd year or higher or graduated||2023|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree of Architecture / Naval Architecture / Planning||Pursuing 3rd year or higher or graduated||2023 (for the 4-year program)
2024 (for the 5-year program)
|B.Sc. (Research) / B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science||Pursuing 3rd year or higher or graduated||2023|
|Pharm. D.||6 years degree program||Pursuing the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year or graduated||2025|
|M.B.B.S./B.D.S.||Degree holders of M.B.B.S./B.D.S||Pursuing the 5th, 6th, 7th or higher semester or graduated||2023|
|M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA||Master’s degree in any branch of Arts/Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications||Pursuing in the first year or higher or graduated||2023|
|Int. M.E./ MTech||Post-B.Sc. Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (||Currently pursuing||any year|
|B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com.||Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce||Pursuing the 3rd year or graduated||2022|
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S. / M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5-year integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Pursuing the 3rd year or higher or graduated||2023|
GATE 2022 Documents Required for Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should submit the given below documents at the time of the submission of the application form:
- Degree certificate/provisional degree certificate
- Course completion certificate issued by the designated authorities.
- Provisional certificate letter issued by the head of the institute/dean/registrar/head of department
- Copy of marks card for section
- PWD certificate issued by a recognized authority.
- Mark sheet of the final year
- Category proving certificate
The candidates who are interested to apply for the GATE exam can now check the official website and apply for the required subject now. Ensure to be updated about the GATE 2022 exam dates and other relevant updates. Check here for more updates on the GATE 2022.