Covid-19 have managed to bring havoc over the life of all the people in the world. It has managed to disrupt the plans, study schedule and livelihood of many competitive exam aspirants as well. There was news on the media about how government job exam aspirants are facing uncertainty due to recruitments getting delayed due to covid-19. Covid-19 has also led to the closing down of many coaching institutes which made students abandon their carefully laid plans for preparation. But since we cannot change the circumstances, we have to adapt to overcome the challenges posed by the covid-19 era.
How to Prepare for SSC, Bank and Government jobs in and after Covid-19
Some ways to continue your preparation even during the covid-19 times are discussed below.
- The best way to continue your studies is by switching to online classes. Many people are reluctant to do this because they are more accustomed to the traditional ways of classroom teaching. But modern problems need modern solutions. Online classes might even be better in some cases. Some students might be immunocompromised or have health issues. They can take classes in the comfort of their home. The same goes for people who have to work part-time or full-time jobs. They can attend classes after work and not make their schedule hectic. Online classes can save time, energy and money otherwise they have to spend on commute. Many edutech apps are starting live classes for nationwide and state-wide competitive exams at affordable rates. Some of them have recorded classes for people who need flexible time schedules. But you have to check the reputation of that app or coaching centre via social media platforms and former students. This is to make sure that they are credible and that their teaching style matches your learning style.
- Many study materials, both free and paid are available online. Many sites provide chapter-wise practise tests and mock tests that are in the exact pattern of the original exam. Students can buy books and publications via online stores to better their learning.
- Students should interact with mentors for a better learning process. They can use chat during live classes to clear their doubts during any lesson.
- The best way to get around the disruption in the study methods is the wise use of technology. Students can read online blogs and follow news platforms to make sure that they won’t miss a recruitment notification. They can take online mock tests using the timed OMR sheet apps that can be availed on their smartphones or PCs. The last tip is especially useful for bank exam aspirants.
- It is hard to keep going when you lose motivation and turn lazy when there is no constant reminder in front. Don’t fall into the trap that is your comfort zone. Interact with alumni who have taken competitive tests to get the required insights and strategies for preparing for the exams outside of the usual courses. Communicate with educators and successful aspirants, and ask about the methods and materials they used.
- Studying in groups is an excellent way of learning. This will help you understand how to better your performance to match or get better than the performance of your friends. Interactive learning is the best method to prevent the feeling of stagnation in a student. You can also share the study materials and clear each other’s doubts.
While the education industry as a whole has several issues in connecting students, it has also opened doors to a multitude of alternatives, allowing educators to reconsider the regular classroom setup of instruction. Download the entri app to help you with the preparation for competitive exams like SSC, Bank recruitment exam and state PSCs.