The Kerala Public Service Commission recruits eligible candidates for different posts in various departments. Kerala PSC will be announcing vacancies for the post of Assistant Professor in Home Science (Food and Nutrition). The candidates will be appointed through direct recruitment. To apply for the posts, the candidates need to register themselves as per the ‘One Time Registration’ on the official website of Kerala PSC. This article on Kerala PSC Assistant Professor in Home Science Syllabus 2021 will provide you with more details on Assistant Professor Syllabus 2021. For latest updates the candidates can check Kerala PSC official website.
Kerala PSC Assistant Professor in Home Science Syllabus 2021 – Overview
|Name of the post||
Assistant Professor in Home Science (Extension Education)
|Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
Kerala Collegiate Education
|Yet to be announced|
|Anywhere in Kerala|
Assistant Professor Home Science Syllabus
Let us take a look at the module wise syllabus of Kerala PSC Assistant Professor Home Science Exam.
Module I – Extension and Social Development in India
- Principles Philosophy and objectives of Home Science Extension
- Classification, characteristics, and structural organizations of social groups.
- Institutions for social change and their role in community development.
- Inequalities in the society- caste, traditionalism, unemployment, health, illiteracy, migration, poverty, hosing, marginalization, globalization and urbanization and its impact on the Indian Economy.
Module II – Development Approaches and Panchayat Raj
- Evolution and history of Panchayat Raj Institutions – developmental approaches, Constitutional linkages in democratic decentralization.
- Five-year plans in India- ongoing developmental programs in India and Kerala participatory planning and planning machineries in India and Kerala. Role of NITI AYOG and supporting machineries.
- Principles of participatory planning for community development, history of community development, Role of agencies, stakeholders, resources, and officials in planning.
- Need and importance and types of training, agencies offering training for rural and tribal development.
Module III – Development and Welfare
- Review on the policies and programs for the different groups of population.
- Legislations pertaining to children, adolescents, women and the aged.
- Life span approach towards development- Childhood, Adolescents, Adulthood, Ageing
- Policies on Health, Education, Nutrition and Population.
- Social Gerontology- theories of ageing, changing role and status of the aged in the country and state
- Dimensions of the aged and the role of extension support systems
- Development and Demographic Variables, Indicators of development, Sources of Population data.
- Population Data- health, life expectancy, literacy, sex ratio, gender disparity, communicable and non-communicable diseases- IMR, MMR.
- Population and Development- Theories of population, fertility, and migration.
- Methods of Population Projection, Rates of Population Growth.
- Sustainable development, social issues, and responsible parenthood.
Module IV- Research Methodology
- Significance of Research
- Types of research
- Criteria of good research
- Selection of research problem
- Development of hypothesis and its significance
- Hypothesis testing
- Types and characteristics
- Review of Literature
- Research Design
- Methods and tools of Data Collection
- Interview, Case study, Survey, Schedules and questionnaires, Scaling methods, Sampling Design-Population and sample, Reliability and validity of measuring instruments, Steps in Sample Design,
- Different types of sampling techniques
- Probability sampling and non-probability sampling
- Analysis and interpretation of Data
- Ethics in Research in Home Science
- Academic scientific writing
- Importance of Plagiarism
- Copyrights and Patents
- Measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Parametric and nonparametric tests
- Normal Distribution and its Properties
- Large and Small Sample tests and interpretation
- Chi square test
- Correlation and Regression
- Analysis of Variance and its interpretation
Module V- Life Long Learning
- Concepts- genesis and growth of adult education in India
- National and International perspectives of various aspects of theory and practice of lifelong learning.
- Preparation of need based curriculum for the adult learners, factors responsible and its principles.
- Role of Continuing Education, Adult Education Centers, Universities, Colleges and State Resource centers in imparting lifelong learning.
Module VI- Social Entrepreneurship
- Conceptual Analysis, significance, characteristics and types of entrepreneurship.
- Role of various enterprises in national and global economy
- Environment Scanning, enterprise selection, feasibility and market study
- SWOT Analysis
- Resource Mobilization
- Marketing Management
- Quality Control
- Gender Issues in Entrepreneurship and agencies promoting the same
Module VII- Development Communication
- Content development for Development Communication
- Traditional Vs. folk media
- Mass media
- ICT in communication
- Recent trends in communication for development
- History and Concept of Development Communication
- Barriers in Communication
- Communication for development and social change
- Stages of adoption
- Measurement and rate of adoption
Module VIII- Science and Technology for Rural Development
- Rural technology –
- Need and examples of rural technology
- Management of Waste at the different community levels
- classification of waste
Module IX- Community Nutrition and Extension
- Measures to overcome malnutrition
- PEM- etiology
- Clinical features
- Deficiency diseases
- Causes and its prevention
- Deficiencies of Vitamin A,B,C,D,E,K and hyper vitaminosis
- Mineral deficiencies- Iron, Iodine, Fluorine, Calcium, Toxicity
Module X: Women and Gender Studies
- Conceptual Analysis
- Theories of feminism
- Approaches to gender studies
- Status and role of Women in Pre and Post independent India
- Gender and Sex disparities
- Gender mainstreaming Role of gender in Poverty
- Employment and Politics
Note: The candidates kindly note that, other than the topics mentioned above, questions may appear from other educational topics too.
Home Science Assistant Professor Syllabus PDF
Kerala PSC Home Science Assistant Professor exam aspirants can download the PDF for hassle free access while preparing for the examination. Download the PDF here.
We hope this article on Kerala PSC Assistant Professor in Home Science Syllabus 2021 helps you to access the syllabus for the exam preparation easily. Good luck for the exams! Check Kerala High Court Assistant 2021- Interview Preparation.