All the aspirants aspiring to be a teacher, this is your chance to enter the government service. The much awaited notification by the Kerala State Education Department, the Kerala PSC LP/UP Assistant 2020 notification is out. Graduates with B.Ed (T.T.C), and KTET under 40 years can now apply for this golden opportunity. Applications are invited online from qualified candidates for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Applications will be accepted through One Time Registration only. With the exam date being announced anytime soon, it is time to understand the needs of the exam and look at the Kerala PSC LP/UP Assistant Preparation Tips.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant: Exam Pattern
While preparing for any exam it is imperative to know the syllabus, exam pattern and the weightage of various subjects. Once this is known one can plan the preparation accordingly.
വിദ്യാഭ്യാസ മനശ്ശാസ്ത്രവും ബോധനശാസ്ത്രവും- 20 marks
സാമൂഹ്യശാസ്ത്രവും പൊതുവിജ്ഞാനവും- 40 marks
സാമാന്യശാസ്ത്രം- 20 marks
ലഘുഗണിതം- 20 marks
വിദ്യാഭ്യാസ മനശ്ശാസ്ത്രവും ബോധനശാസ്ത്രവും – 20 marks
സാമാന്യശാസ്ത്രം – 30 marks
സാമൂഹ്യശാസ്ത്രം – 20 marks
പൊതുവിജ്ഞാനം – 10 marks
ഇംഗ്ലീഷ് – 10 marks
ലഘുഗണിതം – 10 marks
The exam will be having 100 questions with a time duration of 75 minutes.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant: Study Materials
Choosing the right study materials will surely help one to score good marks. Let us see some useful books and sources for preparation.
- It is suggested to follow the SCERT Textbooks from the 5th to the 10th standard . Most of the subject-oriented questions will be asked from these books.
- Kerala PSC bulletin publications. The latest editions of repeated general knowledge question banks will be helpful.
- A yearbook for updating current affairs.
- Weekly publications for Kerala PSC aspirants.
- Read newspapers daily and note down the points from the exam point of view.
- Various guides/ rank files
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant: Exam Tips
- Know your syllabus. The first step towards preparation for any competitive examination is to understand the pre-requisites for the examination. Besides the syllabus, you must make a note of the weightage of various subjects, so that you can plan your preparation accordingly.
- Get the right study material: Choosing the right study materials will surely help one to score good marks.
- It is important to solve the previous year question papers. This will not only give you an idea about the pattern of the exam but also gives you a check on how far you are aware of the syllabus.
- Prepare time table and Strictly follow the Time table. Once you understand ‘What to prepare?’ it’s your turn to plan ‘How to prepare?’ Make a time-table with both short-term and long-term goals that would help you in timely preparation for the exam. A time table makes you more disciplined and helps you to get rid of haphazardness.
- Time management is something really important. Know the time limit. Make sure you practice as many mock tests as possible before you go for the examination.
- While attempting the exam, do not jump into answering the questions at the first go itself. Read the question paper once thoroughly and in the second read, mark the questions which you are confident of answering. In the third read, circle the questions for which you can take the fair guess.
- There is no subject as more important and less important. Treat each subject with utmost importance and equally distribute your time among each subject. You never know which questions will pop up in the paper.
- Focus on concepts-Focus on understanding the concepts throughout your preparation. Do not adopt rote learning technique. Understanding helps you to remember the concepts for a very long period of time. Moreover, with a clear understanding of the concepts, you can comfortably handle questions related to those concepts.
- Do not forget to revise your lessons. During these last months, you need not pick up any new topics and get confused altogether. Revise the finished chapters and memorize as much as you can.
- You should have a new approach to the questions. If you are confident about the perspective, try approaching the question from a different angle. It will help you make a mark from the rest of the aspirants. Try to answer the questions which you are sure about or else you would face the negative markings.
- Always be confident of cracking the exam. Keep yourself motivated always. You should execute all the strategies accordingly. Do not let negative thoughts divert your attention. It is always a matter of best performance in the final test. So try to give your best shot. Good luck!
How to use Entri to ace your preparation?
Lakhs of contenders now use Entri to aid their exam preparations. The online platform is very easy to access and plan preparations. The application is freely available through the Google play store. Download and register with your valid mobile number. And now, aspirants can win a scholarship, through the Entri All Kerala PSC Scholarship program along with preparations!
Entri: How to select the course for LP/UP Assistant?
- Download and install the App.
- Choose the Exam Category- Kerala PSC.
- Click on the Learn tab for notes and related exam tips.
- Practice tab for – monthly and daily current affairs, daily rank booster mini-tests on various subjects.
- Along with that browse the exam – LP/UP Assistant to get mock test series.
Aspirants can rely on Entri App for all the notes and previous year question papers for the exam. Also, one should practice LP/UP assistant mock tests. Here you can practice a mini online LP/UP assistant mock test prior to the full-length tests and analyze yourself.