Table of Contents
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET UG every year for medical aspirants. This year, NEET 2024 will be held on May 5 in pen and paper-based mode. The National Medical Commission (NMC) and the Dental Council of India (DCI) data for the latest NEET seats indicate that over 1 lakh MBBS seats, 26,949 BDS seats, 52,720 AYUSH seats, 603 BVSc & AH seats are available, as well as 1,899 AIIMS seats and 249 JIPMER seats in 612 medical and 315 dental colleges. Here are more details about NEET UG 2024, including dates, eligibility requirements, exam pattern, the application process, admit cards, answer keys, results, counselling, and other vital information.
NEET Important Dates 2024
|NEET 2024 Exam date
|NEET 2024 Notification Release
|NEET 2024 Registration start date
|March 2024 (4th Week)
|Last date to fill NEET application form 2024
|NEET-UG Admit Card 2024
|NEET Exam Date 2024
|May 05, 2024
|NEET Answer Key 2024
|To be announced
|NEET 2024 Result
|To be announced
|Commencement of NEET UG counselling
|To be announced
NEET 2024: Eligibility Criteria
The students those who are applying for NEET 2024 must meet the following eligibility criteria for the examination.
Basic NEET UG 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Below are the basic or primary eligibility criteria for NEET UG 2024.
- According to the NEET age criteria, candidates must have attained the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will attain the same by December 31, 2024. Accordingly, the minimum date of birth of candidates should be December 31, 2007. There is no upper age limit for NEET.
- Indian nationals/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) who wish to pursue MBBS/ BDS from a foreign university also have to qualify for NEET 2024.
NEET UG 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
In an official announcement made by the National Medical Commission (NMC) on March 9, it was stated that the upper age limit for NEET candidates has been removed. Earlier, the age criteria for General and reserved category candidates was 25 years and 30 years respectively. This eligibility criteria factor was included in the NEET 2022 exam and will be maintained for NEET 2024 age limit as well.
Over 20 lakh candidates registered for the NEET 2023 exam and the removal of the NEET exam age limit was one of the factors for this high number of applicants. This was the highest in the past five years. It is expected that the number of applicants and test takers will be higher in NEET 2024.
Also Read: NEET 2022 Upper Age Limit Scrapped by NMC
NEET UG 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Qualifying Marks
Below are the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria with respect to the educational background or marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects individually in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have studied this subject as core or additional subjects.
- Candidates belonging to the General category must have scored a minimum of 50 per cent in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Other Backward should have a minimum score of 40 per cent in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who belong to the General category and are applying under the Persons with Disability (PWD) Quota, must have a minimum score of 45 per cent marks in the qualifying examination.
NEET UG 2024 Eligibility Criteria: Minimum Qualifying Marks
The following table brings the minimum aggregate required in the qualifying exam or as per the evaluation criteria:
|Minimum aggregate in the qualifying examination (PCB)
|50 per cent
|General – PWD
|45 per cent
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ Reserved-PWD
|40 per cent
How Many Attempts for NEET?
The maximum number of attempts for the NEET has not been directed by the NTA. Thus, allowing a candidate to appear for NEET as many times as they want to.
Instructions/Steps for filling the NEET Application Form:
It’s crucial to read and understand the NEET eligibility criteria before you apply for NEET 2024. You should also know and possess all the documents in relation to your domicile and educational qualification.
- Applications of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and such candidates will be further debarred from appearing in examinations conducted by the NTA. Incomplete application and applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee deposited will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Submission of online application and remittance of the fee would close as per the schedule given and no request for extension of time etc. shall be entertained. Applications once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the Information Bulletin are liable to change based on decisions taken by the NTA and other authorities from time to time.
- NTA reserves the right to withdraw permission if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the NEET (UG) even though the Roll Number and Admit Card has been issued by the Board.
- Candidate’s eligibility for NEET (UG) is purely provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the MOH&FW/MCI/DCI/Board/MCC.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria regarding determination of eligibility/conduct of examination/registration of candidates/information contained therein, the interpretation of the NTA shall be final and binding.
- The conduct of NEET (UG) Examination would be videographer. The candidates are required to keep their head in upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be clearly established.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check the NTA official website for any further updates or information.
There will be 180 objective type questions. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. For every correct response candidates will be awarded 4 marks & 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
Check the exam pattern for NEET 2024 below:
|Number of Questions
Why Practice from Entri?
- Always provides you up to date materials that are created by Entri’s Top Experts.
- Mock tests available in bilingual and other regional languages
- Download Entri to access the unlimited mock test.
Navigating through Entri
- Open your Entri App go to the NEET Tab and check the mock tests.
- You can check courses and Mock test for other examinations as well
- Subscribe to our Mock Test and clear your examination with flying colors.
Ace your preparation. That is where Entri comes in. It helps you to prepare effectively for your Exam.
That will be all from our end at Entri, hope you have benefited from our mock tests and study materials. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself.
Entri wishes all the applicants good luck and bright future. Stay home and Stay safe.
|NEET Examination Information Links
|NEET Mock Test
|NEET Video Course
|NEET Exam date
|NEET Study Materials
|NEET Application Form
|NEET Interview Questions
|NEET Job Profile
|NEET Admit Card
|NEET Study Plan
|NEET Preparation Tips and Tricks
|NEET Previous Question Papers
|NEET Best Books
|NEET Answer key
|NEET Exam Analysis
|NEET Selection Process