The Staff Selection Commission has recently released the SSC CGL Tier 4 2018 Skill Test dates. Those candidates who have cleared SSC Tier 3 Results 2018 can attend the Skill Test. The Commission has decided to conduct the Skill Test for SSC CGL examination for the eligible candidates on 18.12.2020 and 19.12.2020. Check more details about the Skill Tests 2018.
SSC CGL Tier 4 2018
Skill Test Dates
The Tier 3 Descriptive written test result was published on 30 September 2020. Candidates can check their marks uploaded in the official website, it will remain there till 30th October.
The skill test is scheduled for 18th and 19th December 2020. Around 32000 candidates are appearing for the Tier 4. It is important to note that due to the current Covid19 pandemic situation, and also with a view to expediting the recruitment process, the Commission has decided to conduct the Skill Test on a Pan-India basis. Also, a Demo of the processes involved in the Skill Test will be uploaded on the website of the Commission for the benefit of the candidates shortly.
After the Skill test, candidates will have to attend the Document Verification. And, then they will be selected for posts like Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Sub Inspector in National Investigation Agency (NIA), Auditor in (C&AG) & (CGDA). Those candidates who do not attend the Document Verification will not be considered for the final selection.
SSC CGL Tier 4 2018 Skill Test- Pattern
The skill test mainly includes two assessments comprising of the Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
Data Entry Speed Test
- Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
- DEST is a typing test which is qualifying in nature. And this test examines the candidates typing speed on a passage of about 2000 key depression in fifteen minutes.
- Candidates should attain at least 8000 key depression per hour to qualify for this test.
- Orthopedically handicapped candidates who opt for the post of Tax Assistant in CBDT need not appear for DEST assessment.
- However, candidates who have hearing and visual disabilities have to compulsorily appear for this test, such candidates get additional compensatory of five minutes in the test.
- Relaxation will be given to candidates with visual disabilities. They can opt for a scribe in the written examination to read the passage at the time of DEST.
Computer Proficiency Test
- Evaluates the computer skills of the candidate. Also, this will be of qualifying in nature. However, there are no exemptions for this test whatever the category it may be.
- The CPT comprises three modules including spreadsheets, generation of slides, and word processing.
- CPT is a compulsory stage for the candidates who wish to apply for posts like ASO in MEA/ CSS OR Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO), under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs OR Assistant in Geological Survey of India (GSI) under the Ministry of Mines.
Entri wishes All the Best to all the candidates for the Tier 4 of SSC CGL. Follow Entri for all the latest updates regarding the SSC examinations.