Table of Contents
Staff Selection Commission is a prestigious organization involved in selecting candidates to various posts under Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India. It conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level examination every year. And lakhs of candidates apply each year for this non-technical post. It is very much important to know the job profile for which you are applying. So, here we are with the SSC CHSL job profile.
SSC CHSL Posts
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
Let’s check the job profiles of each post including their roles, and responsibilities, career growth related to future prospects. Candidate should have an idea about the job for which they want to compete. The examination is having three tiers – Preliminary (Tier I), Mains Exam (Tier II), Skill Test/Typing Test( Tier III) and also a Document Verification.
SSC CHSL Job Profile
Job Profile: Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
They are in charge of routine works in an office like to maintain the data, files, and documents of the office systematically. Lower Divisional Clerk is the first-level officers of the organization.
- They have to deal with the Entire Clerical Work
- To maintains the workflow in the office
- Registration of Mails
- Entering Data on Computer and Indexing
- Registering and Maintaining File Registers
- Receiving Documents and Maintaining the Record of the same
- Getting the Important Files and Documents for their Seniors
- Typing Official Letters, Notices, Notifications, and other official documents
- Preparation of Simple Drafts and Statements
- Making Salary Slips of the Staff
- Fetching up the important data from the library of information and bring them for the seniors
- Supervision of Correction of Reference Books
Lower Division Clerk ⇒ Assistant /Upper Division Clerk ⇒ Division Clerk ⇒ Section Officer
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
All Government Organizations have a huge amount of user and client data. All these need to be checked and organized. Data Entry Operators are involved in this job. Entering the data, maintaining and updating, whenever necessary, on a routine basis. For the same reason, candidates are strained through a typing test!
- DEOs have to handle the computers. So, candidates should have sufficient knowledge of Computers. Especially software like MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- To prepare notes and reports.
- Entering and Managing the Data.
- Insert customer and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits.
- Collecting all the important information, tables and structure of the company to prepare a proper database for the company.
- Inputting the Data and Fetching out the Outputs.
- Scanning and printing important documents.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- The work of DEO will make it easy for others to access the files and provide the relevant information about the data entered in the file.
- Apply Data Program Techniques and Procedures.
- Writing Letters and Handling the Work in the absence of LDC.
- Direct contact with the details of the company to its products, clients and sales reports.
- They are responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date and useable information in the Company’s systems.
Data Entry Operator ⇒ Data Entry Operator Grade B ⇒ Data Entry Operator Grade C ⇒ System Analyst
Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
Both posts are having the same rank. This is a clerical cadre job. the candidates will get posted in the Postal Department of the Indian Government. Language proficiency is needed for this job. So, there is a chance for posting in their home town itself.
- Army Postal Service
- Circle Office & Regional
- Office Foreign Post Offices
- Mail Motor Services
- Post Offices
- Postal Stores Depots
- Railway Mail Service
- Saving Bank Control Organization
- To maintain data and to dispose of mails.
- Handles customer querries and finds a solution for them.
- To locate the address of the addressee or in the case address of the sender.
- Intra-city channeling of mail between Mail Offices and Post Offices.
- Handling transmission of Foreign articles through the Post office network.
Postal Assistant ⇒ Lower Selection Grade (LSG) Supervisor ⇒ Higher Selection Grade (HSG) II Senior Supervisor ⇒ Higher Selection Grade (HSG) II Chief Supervisor
So, these are the SSC CHSL Job profile of each post. Entri hopes that candidates have completed the application procedure and started preparations. Entri wishes all candidates a warm study time.