Table of Contents
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits candidates towards different positions in Central Security Forces or CISF.SSC uses SSC CPO, Stenographer, CGL, GD Constable, etc to hire eligible candidates towards the CISF services. Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for CISF jobs. CISF personnel are entitled to the security protection of more than 300 industrial units, and Airports in India. Here we are trying to understand the SSC CISF Job profile and promotion path.
SSC CISF Selection
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits candidates across India towards the CISF services as Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) along with other posts through the CPO recruitment cycle. Through the SSC CPO 2020 recruitment commission selects candidates towards either of the three posts;
- Sub Inspector Executive in Delhi Police
- Sub Inspector in Central Armed Police Service, and
- Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
The CAPF is a paramilitary force under the Central Home Ministry. The CAPF family includes 06 different departments:
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB), and
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
What is CISF?
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is a Central Armed Police Force in India, which is governed by the Union Ministry of Home Affair. The CISF provides security protection to 300 industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located across the country. Industrial sectors like atomic power plants, space installations, mines, oil fields and refineries, major ports, heavy engineering, steel plants, barrages, fertiliser units, airports and hydroelectric, and thermal power plants owned and controlled by Central Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), and currency note presses producing Indian currency are protected by CISF. CISF officers work for seaways, airways and some of the major installations in India.
SSC CISF Job Profile and Career Growth
The CISF services have three wings:
- Executive Branch
- Ministerial Branch, and
- Fire Service Branch; and
Each of these branches shall consist of supervisory officers and enrolled members. Let’s examine the CISF hierarchy chart, promotions and job profiles of the newly recruited candidates.
SSC CISF Career Growth
Through SSC CPO recruitment the Staff Selection Commission will hire eligible candidate towards the Assistant Sub-Inspector Executive position. While the CISF ASI Stenographer is selected from the SSC Stenographer Grade C & D Exam, and ASI Ministerial candidates towards SSC CGL exam. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits Constables through the SSC GD recruitment. In CISF promotion is very slow compared to other services. Candidates can attempt the departmental tests after serving 5 years in one particular position. Usually, it takes around 7-8 years to be eligible for the Inspector post. So the typical Promotion journey for a CISF ASI will be:
Assistant Sub-Inspector→ Sub-Inspector → Inspector→ Assistant Commandant → Deputy Commandant
Let’s examine the CISF hierarchy chart, promotions and job profiles of the newly recruited candidates.
- Director-General → Additional Director General →Inspector General → Deputy Inspector General, Deputy Inspector General(Fire), Director (Medical), → Additional Deputy Inspector General;
- Senior Commandant → Assistant Inspector General Commandant →Assistant Inspector General, Assistant Inspector General (Fire) → Commandant (Fire), Group Commandant → Principal, Recruits Training Centre, Principal, Fire Service Training Institute → Commandant (Medical Officer ;
- Deputy Commandant and Deputy Commandant (Fire) → Assistant Commandant → Vice Principal, Recruits Training Centre → Assistant Commandant (Junior Administrative Officer) and Assistant Commandant (Fire), Assistant Commandant (Medical Officer);
- Inspector (Executive, Stenographer, Ministerial, Fire and Armourer)
- Sub-Inspector (Executive, Stenographer, Ministerial, Fire and Armourer);
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive, Stenographer, Ministerial, Fire and Armourer), Pharmacist, Band
and Motor Mechanic;
- Head Constable(Driver, Executive, Ministerial, Fire And Armourer);
- Constables (Executive, Fire, Armourer, Driver, Driver Cum Pump Operator, Nursing Assistant, Band and Fitter); and
- Followers (Cook, Kahar, Sweeper, Mochi, Barber, Carpenter, Tailor, Dhobi, Charge Mechanic, Motor
Pump Attendant, Switch Board Attendant and Painter, Ward boy, Mason and Plumber).
SSC CISF Job Profile
As the name indicates, Central Industry Security Force (CISF) is the paramilitary wing of Central Police Services and they have the responsibility of providing security to the major industrial instalments in PSU. CISF personnel will be appointed in any of the following organizations to provide security to both the personnel and organizations.
- Power Plants- Thermal, Nuclear, Natural Gas, etc
- Industrial Units- Steel Power Plant, BHEL, BEL, etc
- Oil Refinery
- Fertilizer Manufacturing Units
- Mining Areas
- Search operation and seizure
- Currency/ Note Printing Mills, and
- Other PSUs or Offices as per concerned authorities request
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.