Table of Contents
Kerala Public Service Commission (KPSC) recruits eligible candidates for various vacant positions in the government departments. Kerala PSC is expected to release a recruitment notification for the post of Assistant Engineer (AE) Civil for the year 2022. Recruitment can be either direct recruitment or departmental recruitment. Assistant Engineer Civil last notification was released in 2019, for which the exam was conducted on February 2020. In this article, we will discuss the selection process for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2022.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2022 – Important Details
|Name of Post||Assistant Engineer Civil|
|Scale of Pay||Rs. 40975-81630/-|
|Number of Vacancies||37|
|Notification Release date||15 March 2021|
|Application closing date||21 April 2021|
|Mode of Applying||Online|
|Date of Examination||Yet to announce|
|Method of appointment||· Direct Recruitment
· Departmental Quota
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil – Selection Process 2022
The selection process for Assistant Engineer Civil 2022 includes –
- Written Examination
- Interview (document verification)
Exam Pattern for Written Examination
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer AE Civil written examination shall be conducted through online/OMR mode. It shall comprise of Objective type questions.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration||Medium of Question|
|Topics based on Educational Qualification||100||1 hour 15 minutes||English|
Given below are the 8 main parts included in the syllabus of the KPSC AE Civil examination –
- Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis
- Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering
- Surveying and Levelling, Quantity Surveying and Valuation
- Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Design of Structures
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering and Urban Planning
Interview (Document Verification)
Candidates shortlisted will be called by Kerala PSC for document verification. In the case of departmental Quota, qualified candidates must produce service certificate obtained from the Head of Office/Department to prove the length of their service (not less than 2 years of service) in the respective Category in the concerned Department when called by the Commission.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Civil 2022 – Eligibility Criteria
The Kerala PSC has set certain eligibility criteria’s for candidates aspiring to apply for the post of Assistant Engineer Civil in the concerned department. Aspiring candidates must ensure that they satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria’s set by Kerala PSC before applying for the post.
- Only candidates within age limit of 18 – 36, born between 02/01/1981 and 01/01/2002 (both dates included) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates applying must possess a degree in Civil Engineering from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as it’s equivalent.
Check Other Important Links:
How you can use Entri app for your competitive exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full-length mock tests and previous year question papers
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.