Table of Contents
The Staff Selection Commission(SSC) conducts an all India Recruitment examination for the posts of Sub-Inspector(Executive) in Delhi Police, Sub-Inspector(GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), and ASI (Assistant Sub Inspector) in CISF(Central Industrial Security Force). In SSC CPO exam, Physical Endurance and Standards Test (PET/PST) plays a vital role in selecting eligible candidates for the post of SI/ASI in various police forces. In this article, we highlight all the essential details of SSC CPO Physical Endurance and Standards Test.
SSC CPO Exam: Important Details
- SSC CPO 2019-20 Examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
- All these stages of the examination are mandatory.
- The SSC CPO 2019-20 Exam can be a great opportunity for those who wish to join Delhi Police and some of the best paramilitary forces of India (CRPF, BSF, CISF, ITBP and SSB) as Sub-Inspectors and Assistant Sub-Inspector (Executive) in CISF.
PHASE 1: Computer Based Examination (Paper-1)
More details on the Computer Based Examination (Paper-1) can be found here.
PHASE 2: Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- The second phase of SSC CPO 2019-20 Exam is the Physical Standard Test (PST) and the Physical Endurance Test (PET).
- SSC CPO PET/PST will be conducted after SSC CPO Tier I Exam 2019.
- It is mandatory to clear SSC CPO Tier I Exam to appear for PET/PST round.
- Both PET & PST will be conducted on the same day and the result will be announced on the same day too
- One cannot score well in this exam if the candidate is not physically and medically fit. Let us look at the various aspects of both the physical tests.
Important dates for SSC CPO-SI 2019-20 Exam
|Dates for submission of online applications||17th September 2019 to 16th October 2019|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-1)||11th December 2019 to 13th December 2019|
|Date of PET & PST||To be notified later|
|Date of Paper-2||To be notified later|
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET): Important Details
For Male candidates only
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chances
For Female Candidates only
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances.
Note: Physical Endurance Test carries no marks but is of qualifying nature. Those candidates who pass the Physical Endurance Test will be eligible for the Physical Standards Test.
SSC CPO Physical Standards Test (PST)
On the same day after (Physical Endurance Test)PET, candidates will be called for Physical Standards Test (PST). The required eligibility criteria for Physical Standards Test is mentioned below:
|Category of Candidates||Heights (in cm)||Chests (in cm)|
|(i) For Male Candidates
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North Eastern States & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female candidates only GENERAL||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North Eastern States & Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||–||–|
Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts)
1. Those candidates who are declared “Not Qualified” in PST (Height & Chest measurements) may prefer an appeal if they desire so to the appellate authority present on the PET ground on the same day.
2. The candidature of female candidates who are pregnant at the time of PET will be rejected. No appeal/ representation will be entertained against such rejections.
3. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET. However, they should be present and fulfil the physical standards prescribed for direct recruits. They should also pass the medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
Those candidates who qualify SSC CPO Physical Test (PST/PET) only will be called for SSC CPO 2019 Tier II Exam. It is imperative that the candidates keep themselves physically and mentally fit through physical exercises to clear the physical and medical tests.