The Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has invited applications from Engineering Degree/ Diploma holders to fill the vacant Junior Engineer Positions in the Central Government Services. SSC is conducting SSC JE 2019 to recruit eligible candidates for the post of Junior Engineers Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Quantity Surveying, and contract posts. Vacancies are yet to declare. The Junior Engineer posts are Group -B (Non-Gazetted), in Level-6 (Rs. 35,400- Rs. 1,12,400/-) of pay matrix of 7th Central Pay Commission.
SSC JE 2019 Important Dates
- Online Application Period: August 13, 2019, to September 12, 2019
- Last date for applications: September 12, 2019
- Last date for making online fee payment: September 14, 2019
- Last date for payment through Challan: September 16, 2019
- Date of Computer Based Examination(CBE) -Paper-I: To be notified later
SSC Junior Engineer Post Details
SSC JE 2019 Exam Pattern
Main Examination- Descriptive Type
SSC JE Eligibility
- Degree/ Diploma in the concerned engineering branch.
SSC JE 2019 – Application
Interested candidates can submit their applications through the SSC official website on or before September 12, 2019. SSC. UR/EWS Male candidates need to pay Rs. 100 towards the application fees. Candidates should register themselves through the “One Time Registration” process before submitting the SSC JE 2019 applications. For the “One-time Registration”, click on ‘Register Now’ link provided in ‘Login’ the section on the SSC official website.
After the One Time Registration, Apply towards the SSC Junior Engineer(JE) 2019 using the username and password provided by the commission. Click here to apply for the JE 2019. SSC JE 2019 Online Application
SSC JE Syllabus
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- analogies, similarities, differences,
- space visualization, problem-solving,
- analysis, judgment, decision making,
- visual memory, discrimination,
- observation, relationship concepts,
- arithmetical reasoning,
- verbal and figure classification,
- arithmetical number series, etc.
- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, and Scientific Research,
- Art and Culture
- Current Affairs
- Geography – India and the World
- Neighboring Countries
General Engineering: Civil & Structural, Electrical and Mechanical
- Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation,
- Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics,
- Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
- Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
- Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit,
- AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments,
- Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors, and single-phase induction Motors,
- Synchronous Machines,
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution,
- Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy,
- Basic Electronics.
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials,
- Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics,
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine
- Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories,
- Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines.
- Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate,
- basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps,
- Classification of steel.
For more details and detailed syllabus for the SSC Junior Engineer 2019 examination, candidates please do check the official notification. SSC JE Official Notification 2019
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your preparations today with Entri.