Staff selection commission already invited application for its multi-tasking service posts from interested candidates. The application date is over now. Last date to apply for SSC MTS was on 29th May 2019. The SSC MTS includes many posts under group C cadre which includes peon, Mali, operator, junior Gestetner, Chowkidar, Farash, Daftary, Safaiwala etc. This was created as per the 6th CPC recommendation by including group D cadre. The exam one of the major exams which is for 10th standard qualified candidates. For more details regarding SSC MTS Salary and roles and responsibility, check here.
Important dates of SSC MTS 2019
SSC MTS is a great opportunity for aspirants who are not able to do their HSE and graduation. However, graduates could also apply for the exam. The computer based paper 1 exam had been conducted from August 2, 2019 to August 22, 2019. Paper II is a descriptive paper which will be on 17th November 2019. Activity date details so far and upcoming exam dates are given below
|SSC MTS Online Registration Process||22nd April 2019 to 29th May 2019|
|Last date for making online fee payment:||31st May 2019 (up to 5.00 PM)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan:||31st May 2019 (up to 5.00 PM)|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank):||01st June 2019|
|Admit Card Release||3rd Week of July 2019|
|SSC MTS Exam Dates (Paper I) (computer based examination)||2nd August 2019 to 22nd August 2019|
|SSC MTS Exam Dates (Paper II) (descriptive paper)||17th November 2019|
Roles and Responsibility of SSC MTS
SSC Multi-Tasking staff is a grade C level employee as per 6th CPC. They include all ground level workers who are peons, Safaiwala etc. The roles and responsibility of a SSC MTS are given below
- Non-clerical works.
- Computer assistance
- General Cleaning duties along with up keeping of Section/units.
- Physical maintenance of records.
- Photocopying of documents and sending fax etc.
- Delivering dak, both inside and outside of the office.
- Cleaning, opening, and closing of office rooms.
- Those with ITI qualification may have related responsibilities.
- Assisting Routine dispatch, diary works.
- Watch and ward duties.
- The routine office works.
- Maintenance of lawns.
- Any work assigned by the superior authority is also the responsibility of the employee.
- Those who have a valid driving license may have driving duties.
- Maintenance of lawns.
SSC MTS Salary 2019
As per notification, multi-tasking staff’s salary is the total of gross salary and cash in hand. After the implementation of 7th pay commission the salary has been incremented by 20%. The Staff Selection Commission recruits Multi-Tasking Staff in Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs 1800, as per Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC. MTS is a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories.
SSC MTS promotion increment in salary is as follows
- After 3 years of service: first promotion with increment of Rs 1900/-
- After 3 years: second promotion with increment of Rs 2000/-
- After 5 years: Third promotion with increment if Rs 2400/-
- The salary will add up with an increment up to Rs.5400/-
MTS Vacancy 2019
The vacancy will be reported in due course. You can view the update details about vacancy on the official website of staff selection commission. Vacancy updates can be checked through this link. Reservations are there for minority communities such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Ex-servicemen (ESM)/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) etc. as per Govt. norms.