Table of Contents
Staff Selection Commission will release the admit card for the upcoming SSC Phase 8 examination. Recently SSC has released the application status for the Post 8 examination for categories like Higher Secondary, Matriculation, and Graduation Level. The SSC Selection Post 8 exam is scheduled to be held from 06th November to 10th November 2020. However, it will be on 14th December for candidates who opted for Examination Centers in Bihar. Check the official link to download the SSC Phase 8 admit card.
SSC Phase 8 Exam Date
SSC Phase 8 exam was earlier scheduled for 10th to 12th June 2020 and was postponed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak. Now the SSC has renewed the dates for the exam. The new dates for filling the 1355 vacancies are as follows:
|Name of the Examination and Posts||Schedule of Examination|
|Selection Post Phase 8
Lab Assistant, Technical Operator, Junior Engineer, Scientific Assistant, Field Assistant, Technical Officer, Dietician, Technical Superintendent, Textile Designer, Senior Scientific Assistant, Girl Cadet Instructor, Library Clerk, Office Attendant, Field Attendant.
|6th November, 9th November, 10th November 2020
Bihar State – 14th December 2020
SSC Phase 8 Admit Card
Admit cards for the examination will be uploaded on the website of the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission. The candidates are advised to visit the website of the concerned Regional Office and SSC HQ regularly for updates and information about the examination. However, all the recent updates of SSC will be updated by Entri, follow our Page for the latest updates.
Information about the Examination indicating the time table and City/ Centre of examination for the candidates will be uploaded on the websites of the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission about two weeks before the date of examination. If any candidate does not find his/ her detail on the website of the Commission, one week before the date of examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission with proof of having submitted his/ her application.
Documents to be carried to the Exam Center
- Candidate must bring a printout of the Admission Certificate to the Examination Hall.
- Two passport size recent color photographs
- Original valid Photo-ID proof having the Date of Birth as printed on the Admission Certificate such as :
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar, Voter’s IDCard, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, ID Card issued by School/ College, Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU/ Private), etc. Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by the Ministry of Defence or Any other photo-bearing valid ID card issued by the Central/State Government.
Download the SSC Phase 8 Admit Card
|SSC Regions||States included in each Region||Official Link for downloading Admit Card|
|Northern Region||Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand||https://www.sscnr.net.in/newlook/site/index.html|
|North Western Region||Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab, and Himachal Pradesh||http://www.sscnwr.org/|
|North Eastern Region||Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, and Nagaland||https://www.sscner.org.in/trial/|
|Central Region||U.P. and Bihar||http://www.ssc-cr.org/|
|Madhya Pradesh Region||Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh||http://www.sscmpr.org/|
|Western Region||Maharashtra, Goa, and Gujarat||http://www.sscwr.net/|
|Eastern Region||West Bengal, Orissa, Sikkim, and Andaman & Nicobar Island||https://sscer.org/|
|Southern Region||Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu||http://www.sscsr.gov.in/|
|Karnataka Kerala Region||Karnataka and Kerala||https://ssckkr.kar.nic.in/|
How to Download the SSC Phase 8 Admit Card 2020?
- Log on to the official website of SSC-ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the Admit Card tab on the home page.
- Click on the respective Regional website link.
- Enter the required login credentials such as Roll number or registered ID and Date of birth.
- Verify the given captcha/equation to login.
- Now, click on the Submit button.
- View, download, and print the admit card.
- Keep two/three copies for future uses.
- If there are any errors in the admit card, contact the SSC’s authority. And get it cleared.
Details printed on the admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration/Roll number
- Date of Birth
- Exam name
- Exam date and time
- Reporting time at the allotted test center
- Center address
- Exam day guidelines-to be followed by the candidate while appearing for the exam.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The selection process consists of:
- Written Examination in Computer Based Mode consisting of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer. Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examination will be normalized by using the formula published by the Commission.
The papers included for the written online tests are:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes (80 minutes for candidates eligible for scribes.|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
Cut-off marks are given below and candidates scoring above the cut-off will only be considered for the next stage of recruitment:
OBC/ EWS- 30%
Other categories- 25%
- Skill Test, prescribed for any category of post will be conducted from the candidates whose hard copies of documents are received and found in order at Scrutiny stage, by the Regional/ Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission.
- Document Verification
Entri comes up with a large number of mock tests and daily tests. Wishing all the candidates all the very best for the upcoming SSC Phase 8 examination!