Table of Contents
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has invited applications for the post of Combined State / Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) Examination, 2021 and Assistant Conservator of Forest (A.C.F.) / Range Forest Officer (R.F.O.) Services Examination – 2021. Aspirants can apply online till 2nd March 2021. In this article, go through the UPPSC ACF RFO Syllabus 2021. The syllabus will be based on the class 10th to Graduate level. Download the UPPSC ACF RFO Syllabus PDF.
UPPSC ACF RFO: Selection Process
The selection process for the posts includes:
- Prelims have two papers (Paper-I & Paper-II) with objective type questions for 200 marks each.
- The mains exam has seven papers and will be a descriptive type exam for a total of 1400 marks.
- Viva- Voce (Personality Test)
UPPSC ACF RFO Syllabus 2021
- The papers (Paper-I General Studies-I and Paper-II General Studies-II) shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions respectively.
- The timing of Paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and Paper-II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to appear in both the papers of the Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
- National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
- History of India & Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic, and political aspects of Indian History
- India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
- Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical Reasoning
- Analytical ability
- Decision Making and problem-solving
- Mental ability
- Mathematics (Up to Class 10th)- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Statistic
- General English (Up to Class 10th)
- General Hindi (Up to Class 10th)
Written examination will consist of the following compulsory and optional subject. And, the candidates have to select any one subject from the list of optional subjects for main examination which will consist of two papers.
General Hindi, Essay and General Papers shall be conventional type and for solving the questions three hours time is allowed.
For optional Question papers three hours time is allowed. Two hundred maximum marks has been allotted for each optional question paper.
- General Hindi – 150 marks
- Essay- 150 marks
- General Studies (First Paper) – 200 marks
- General Studies (Second Paper) – 200 marks
- General Studies (Third Paper) – 200 marks
- General Studies (Fourth Paper) -200 marks
|Psychology||Public Administration||Urdu Lit.||Commerce & Accountancy|
|Civil Engineering||Zoology||Hindi Lit.||Sociology|
|Anthropology||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Management|
|Medical Science||Law||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Statistics|
Compulsory Subjects: General Hindi
हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह, क्रियाएं, अनेकार्थी शब्द, हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियां, वर्तनी, त्तसम एवं तद्भव देशज विदेशी (शब्द भंडार), विलोम शब्द, पर्यायवाची, अर्थबोध, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां
There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on following sphere:
- Section A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
- Section B: (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
- Section C: (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc. (3) National Development programs and projects
General Studies (First Paper)
- Comprehensive History of Indian and its culture
- Modern History of India (A.D 1757 to A.D 1947)
- Various phases of the Freedom struggle
- Post Independence of India – Consolidation & Reorganization of the Country till 1965.
- General History of the World
- Indian Society and Culture
- Role of Women in society and various movements associated with it.
- Definitions of Globalization, privatization and liberalization of the economy and its effect on the social structure
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization
- Distribution of Major Natural Resources in SouthEast Asia
- India’s Oceanic resources
- Global Migration and Population settlements
- Boundaries and Frontiers of the Indian Sub-continent
- Knowledge regarding the history, geography, culture, art, architecture, heritage, social customs, tourism of the Uttar Pradesh State
General Studies (Second Paper)
- Indian Constitution
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre- State financial relations
- Parliament and State legislature
- Salient features of the Reperesentation of People’s Act
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their responsibilities
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging trends
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian diaspora
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial System
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance
General Studies (Third Paper)
- Economic planning in India
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Land reforms in India since independence
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology etc
- Environmental security and Ecosystems
- Challenges of International Security
General Studies (Fourth Paper)
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service etc
- Emotional Intelligence
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world
- Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administratio
- Probity in Governance
- Case studies on above issues
Personality Test (Viva-Voce)
Total Marks 100
Interview relates to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for general awareness, intelligence, character, expression power/personality and general suitability for the service.
Download the Complete Syllabus of UPPSC ACF RFO 2021 for Prelims and Mains Papers.