Table of Contents
UPPSC PCS Syllabus And Exam Pattern 2021: Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has released the official notification for the recruitment of the candidates who are efficient and eligible for the posts of Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (PCS) Examination 2021 on its official website. UPPSC PCS has released the notification on February 5th 2021 on its official website: uppsc.up.nic.in. The commission has issued the notification to apply for the proposed posts online on or before 5th March 2021. Those candidates who are interested in applying are advised to visit the official page: uppsc.up.nic.in. As per the notification, the candidates are required to read the detailed notification before applying. UPPSC PCS recruitment 2021 is offering a total of 400 vacancies to aspiring candidates.
UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2021: Overview
|Name of the organization||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Available posts||Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (PCS)|
|Number of vacancies||400|
|Starting date of application submission||5th February 2021|
|Last date of application submission||5th March 2021|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||2nd March 2021|
|Prelims Exam Date||13th June 2021|
|PCS Mains Exam Date||3rd October 2021|
UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2021: Selection Process
Uttar Pradesh Commission has decided to conduct three phases for the recruitment in state services. These three stages are namely Prelims Exam, Mains Exam and Interview respectively.
The aspiring candidates should pay more attention to the UPPSC PCS examination syllabus. The syllabus is an inevitable part of the preparation. Even though the PCS syllabus is vast and wide, a thorough knowledge about the syllabus pattern and examination can help the candidates to crack the examination with ease. In addition to the syllabus knowledge, the candidates need to prepare the Uttar Pradesh current affairs, general studies, recent events, news as well. This helps the candidate to have a comprehensive approach to the examination. This page gives a detailed view of the syllabus for the preparation of the upcoming UPPSC PCS 2021 examination.
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission is conducting the Uttar Pradesh Combined State/Upper Subordinate Exam every year. The commission has planned to recruit efficient candidates for the officers of state civil services. The candidates should understand the meaning of PCS which is the Provincial Civil Services exam. UPPSC has changed the exam pattern of the PCS exam and the major change that occurred in the syllabus is shift from the objective to descriptive papers in the UPPSC main exam. So, the candidates are advised to give more stress to the syllabus. A new “Ethics” paper has also been included in the mains exam paper.
UPPSC has re-designed the UPPSC PCS syllabus. The UPPSC PCS syllabus is available on the official website of UPPSC: uppsc.up.nic.in. The interested candidates are requested to have in-depth knowledge about the syllabus to crack the prelims and mains examination efficiently. Even though the syllabus for both prelims and mains examination is different, candidates are supposed to have an integrated approach towards the UPPSC PCS syllabus as most of the topics are approachable and common.
Check out the official website for UPPSC PCS syllabus 2021pdf in Hindi, UPPSC PCS syllabus pdf download, UP lower PCS syllabus in Hindi, and UPPSC PCS syllabus pdf in Hindi. Candidates can also check out the articles related to UPPSC PCS J Syllabus. Being aware of the PSC J syllabus UP helps you to cover all important topics. Go through the UPPSC PCS J syllabus and plan your preparation accordingly.
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2021
Paper 1: General Studies
History of India & Indian National Movement
- Thrust areas: social, economic and political aspects of Indian History.
- Indian national movement, nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Thrust areas: Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Current events of national and international importance
- Thrust areas: Current Events of National and International Importance.
Indian Polity and Governance
- Thrust areas: Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy
- Indian Polity, Economic and Culture development, the political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
- Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
- Thrust areas: Science in general, scientific principle, general scientific awareness etc
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change etc.
Economic and Social Development
- Thrust areas: Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, Population, Environment and Urbanization etc.
Paper 2: General Studies
The minimum qualifying marks for this paper is 66 marks out of 200. The major topics are as follows
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Logical reasoning
- Analytical ability
- Decision-making skill
- Problem-solving skill.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level
- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2021: Mains Exam
Syllabus: Essay Paper
- Attempt three essays in three hours of about 700 words
- Three sections are available in the question paper
- Candidates should select one topic from each section
- The section-wise syllabus is given below:
|Section A|| Literature and Culture.
|Section B||Science, Environment and Technology.
Agriculture, Industry and Trade
|Section C||National and International Events.
Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought
National Development programmes and projects.
Paper 1: General Studies- Syllabus
The list of topics is given below. Candidates are suggested to go through the specifications correctly.
- History of Indian Culture
- The Freedom Struggle.
- Post-independence reorganization
- World History
- Women empowerment
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture
- Modern Indian history.
- Social empowerment.
- Natural Resources
- Physical Geography
- Frontiers and boundaries
- Oceanic resources
- Overall understanding about Uttar Pradesh
General Studies 2
Candidates should cover the vast syllabus with much patience. The detailed syllabus is given below:
- Indian Constitution
- Union and State
- Finance commission in Centre
- State Financial relations
- Institutions and Power relations
- Indian constitutional scheme.
- India and Neighbouring Countries
- Global groupings
- Indian politics
- Indian policies
- International institutions
- National, international Regional events
- Current affairs
- Understanding Uttar Pradesh Politics
- Parliament and State legislatures
- Executive and the Judiciary
- Ministries and Departments of the Government
- Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- People’s Act.
- Appointment: Constitutional posts
- quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- Welfare schemes
- management of Social Sector/Services
- poverty and hunger
- Aspects of governance
General Studies 3
- Economic planning in India
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
- Industries in India
- Food processing
- Land reforms
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy,
- Science and Technology
- Achievements of Indians in science and
- Issues of Poverty
- Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Government Budgets
- Financial System.
- Major Crops
- Different types of irrigation
- and irrigation systems,
- direct and indirect farm subsidies
- Public Distribution System (PDS
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Space Technology
- Energy resources
- intellectual property rights (IPR)
- digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems
- Conservation of Wildlife
- Environmental pollution and degradation
- International Security
- security forces
- Uttar Pradesh Economy
- Infrastructure and physical resources.
- Human Resources
- Skill development.
- Government Programmes
- Issues in Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order
- Civil Defense
General Studies: 4: Ethic
- Public/Civil Service Values
- Ethics in Public Administration
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Emotional Intelligence
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers
- Probity in Governance
UPPSC PSC Exam 2021: Option Subjects List
|Agriculture, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Geography Economics, Sociology, Philosophy, English Lit, Urdu Lit., Hindi Lit., Sanskrit Lit., Commerce and Accountancy, Public Administration, Medical Science, Geology, Psychology, Botany, Law, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Statistics, Management, Political Science and International Relations, History, Anthropology, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.|
UPPSC PCS EXAM 2021: exam pattern
The exam pattern is given below. Candidates can refer to it.
Exam pattern of Preliminary Examination 2021
|PAPER||SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS||TIME|
|Paper 1||General Studies1||150||200||2 hrs|
|Paper 2||General studies2||100||200||2 hrs|
- Pen and paper mode offline examination
- Multiple-choice questions
- Two sessions will be there: Paper 1 and 2
- Out of 200; 2hrs
- Negative marking will be there
- 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
UPPSC PCS MAINS: Exam Pattern
|Name of the paper||Total Marks||Time|
|General Hindi||150||3 Hours|
|General Studies – I||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – II||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – III||200||3 Hours|
|General Studies – IV||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper I||200||3 Hours|
|Optional Subject – Paper II||200||3 Hours|
- Descriptive exam
- Pen and paper offline mode
- Essay type answers are expected
- One week’s prolonged exam
- Two sessions: morning (9:30 to 12:30) Afternoon (2 to 5 PM)
- 3hrs each
Candidates can also check out the articles related to PCS J syllabus UP. Being aware of the PCS J syllabus UP helps you to cover all important topics. Go through the UPPSC PCS J syllabus and plan your preparation accordingly. Get the complete PCS J syllabus UP.
The candidates who are preparing for the UPPSC PCS exams can take up the Entri App as the right study guide, just like the other applicants. Entri App provides an online platform for the users to learn, ask and clarify the portions for a better scoring. If you are preparing for the upcoming government exam, try Entri App and get your dream job.