International days are marked to educate the public on issues of concern, to address global problems and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. Each international day provides the community an opportunity to organize activities related to the theme and to create public awareness on the same. Organizations, governments, public and private sectors, schools, universities and citizens make international day a springboard for awareness raising actions. In this article let us check Children’s Day Quiz 2023– GK Quiz on Jawaharlal Nehru
Children’s Day Quiz 2023 – GK Quiz on Jawaharlal Nehru
1. When was Jawaharlal Nehru born?
A. 12 November, 1885
B. 13 November, 1887
C. 14 November, 1889
D. 18 November, 1887
2. Educated in England at Harrow and Cambridge, what occupation did Nehru qualify for?
3. Nehru became friends with Mahatma Gandhi and joined what independence group in 1918?
A. India First
B. Indian Congress Committee
C. India National Congress
D. India Independence Institute (Triple I)
4. From where Jawaharlal Nehru had completed his studies for a barrister?
5. When did Jawaharlal Nehru first time meet Mahatma Gandhi?
6. On what important issue did Nehru and Gandhi differ?
A. Non-violent non-cooperation
B. The partition of Pakistan
C. The future of India as an agrarian society
D. Membership of the British Commonwealth
7. In which place Jawaharlal Nehru organised the first Kisan March?
8. Which political thinker’s philosophy influenced Nehru in framing his approach to government and the economy?
A. Jean- Jacques Rosseau
B. John Stuart Mill
C. Adam Smith
D. Karl Marx
9. Who swore in Nehru as India’s first Prime Minister?
A. Lord Louis Mountbatten
B. Mahatma Gandhi
C. Queen Elizabeth II
D. Prince Phillip
10. When Jawaharlal Nehru became the General Secretary of the All India Congress Committee?
11. Which of the following legislative initiatives did Nehru not introduce?
A. The building of thousands of schools
B. The ending of the Indian caste system
C. A strong, socially responsive judiciary
D. Retention of English as the national language.
12. Which of the following statement is/are true about Jawaharlal Nehru?
A. He insisted on the secular and liberalist approach
B. He imparted modern values and thoughts.
C. He encouraged India’s industrialisation.
D. All the above are correct
13. In preparing India for the future which of the following was not an area Nehru influenced?
A. National highway system
B. Peaceful nuclear and space programs
C. National railway network
D. Pharmaceutical industry
14. Which newspaper was started by Jawaharlal Nehru?
A. New India
B. National Herald
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
15. What incident affected Nehru’s political standing and his health?
A. The loss of Kashmir to Pakistan
B. The war with China in 1962
C. The creation of an independent Ceylon
D. The failure of the Green Revolution
16. When was Jawaharlal Nehru elected as the President of the Lahore Session of the Indian National Congress?
Attempt the following Quiz by Entri to boost your score in the examination
- World Students day quiz
- Global Hand washing day quiz
- World Mental Health day quiz
- International day of Girl Child quiz
- Indian Air force quiz
- Modern Agriculture quiz
- World Animal Welfare day quiz
- World Rivers day Quiz
- Gandhi Jayanti Quiz
- World Maritime day Quiz
- World Heart day Quiz
- World Alzheimer’s day Quiz
Few important international days and its significance by Entri.
- World Suicide prevention day
- Engineers day 2020 in India
- International day of democracy
- International Literacy day
- International day of charity