Table of Contents
International days are marked to educate the public on issues of concern, to address global problems and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. Each international day provides the community an opportunity to organize activities related to the theme and to create public awareness on the same. Organizations, governments, public and private sectors, schools, universities and citizens make international day a springboard for awareness raising actions. In this article let us check on World Heart Day 2022 -Theme, Activities, Quotes and Quiz.
World Heart Day 2022 Celebrated on –Tuesday, 29 September
In this article readers can get a glimpse on
- History and objective of world heart day
- World Heart day 2022 Theme
- World heart day messages, Quotes
- Activities that can be observed on World heart day
- World heart day Quiz
History and Objective of World Heart Day 2022
In May 2012, world leaders committed to reducing global mortality from non-communicable diseases (NCDs) by 25% by 2025. As per statistics Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is accountable for nearly half of all NCD deaths making it the world’s number one killer. Hence they decided to try helping to reduce the CVD death rates and to unite in the fight against CVD to reduce the global disease burden.
World Heart Day was officially created by the World Health federation to inform people around the globe that CVD, which includes heart disease and stroke is the world’s leading cause of death. CVD claiming 17.3 million lives each year can be reduced by the individual actions.
World Heart Day aims to drive action to educate people that by controlling risk factors such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided. It global event during which individuals, families, communities and governments around the world participate in activities to take charge of their heart health and that of others. World Heart Day unites people from all countries and backgrounds in the fight against the CVD burden, and inspires and drives international action to encourage heart-healthy living across the world.
World Heart Day Theme 2022
This year on 29 September 2022, world heart day campaign is asking the world to:
” ‘Cardiovascular Health for Everyone‘
Use Heart for society, your loved ones and you.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the number one cause of death on the planet. It has many causes: from smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity, to air pollution, and rare and neglected conditions such as Chagas Disease and cardiac amyloidosis. Use Heart is about understanding how to live a healthy life, your positive influence on others and to be compassionate
World Heart Day 2022 Quotes – Check Messages
1. Neglecting your heart is like neglecting your life. If you want to life happily and healthy then take care of your heart
2. On the occasion of World Heart Day, let us take an oath that we will be more responsible towards taking care of our heart.
3. As we celebrate World Heart Day, remember not to break hearts but to win more and more hearts.
4. Each one of us have just one heart, so make sure that we take the best care of it.
5. Let’s have a Heart to Heart Talk about Heart Disease.
6. Heart disease let’s defeat, Keep a healthy Heart Beat.
World Heart Day 2022 Activities
On this day September 29 as we observe World heart day let us try to reduce the Cardiovascular disease by helping each other out . Following are few activities that can conducted as part of observation of world heart day 2022.
- Activities can be conducted to specifically focus on the prevention of CVD in women and children. Activities can include heart health lessons in schools, healthy eating cookery classes, art competitions, women’s sporting events and screenings.
- Campaign can be conducted in the society, schools, institutions to help them understand the causes of CVD and how it can be prevented and reduced.
- Importance of mental health can be highlighted and community should be educated on that aspect to help the manage the stress level which is also a contributor to CVD
- The statistics can be taken on the causes of CVD and that can be highlighted and people should be educated with the statistics to give a stronger weightage to help them fight against this in an appropriate manner
- Anti smoking campaign and awareness program can be conducted to teenagers and elders to let them be aware of the harmful effects and also to let them know that there is alternate method to fight stress.
- Men should be encourages to talk and people should be available to listen to even emotions of men cause that is often neglected. So a place and day can be selected and a letsTalk campaign can be conducted online to help men relieve their stress and also make them feel heard
- House makers and women should also be appreciated and let them know that they are doing a great job. Hence this day can be used to appreciate the hard work of homemakers and mothers and let them know they are valued.
- Healing others and helping people heal can be done in many ways. mental health is of top priority considering current situation. hence conduct campaigns where people can speak out, conduct stress relieving activities for people who lost jobs, conduct healing activities to the crowd that needs it . conduct surveys , Check out mental health condition of people around.
- Educate the people around on following healthy diet. Nutritionist and health officers can go live online on this day to educate the people on the healthy diet that can be followed to reduce CVD.
- Physical education instructors can take live sessions on importance of exercise for leading a healthy life.
World Heart Day Quiz 2022
1. What is meant by the term myocardial infarction?
A) Heart Attack
B) Heart failure
C) cardiac arrest
D) All the above
2. According to the World Heart Federation, what percentage of global deaths are caused by Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs)?
3. A new sugar tax was in implemented in April 2017, but in which country?
Explanation: South Africa implemented a 20% tax on all soft drinks, a law that came into force in April 2017. Back in 2010, Prof Tolullah Oni stated that the average South African consumed 254 Coca-Cola-type drinks a year.
4. Every 10mmHg reduction in systolic blood pressure reduces the risk of a major cardiovascular event (heart disease or stroke) by 20%. True or False?
5. What is the name given to drugs designed to lower cholesterol levels and thus reduce the risk of heart disease?
6. The heart contracts twice for every heartbeat. One contraction is the atrial contraction while the other is the ventricular contraction. During ventricular contraction, which two valves of the heart open?
A) Pulmonary and aortic valves
B) Aortic and mitral valves
C) Aortic and tricuspid valves
D) Pulmonary and tricuspid valves
How Entri will help you with the preparation for Competitive Examinations
- Entri Provides you an online platform to prepare for the exam
- You can download the app free of cost and join the class
- Entri provides video classes as well on various important topics by the excellent faculties
- Entri provides revision modules, monthly tests based on the classes
- Entri provides an excellent platform with full- length mock tests including previous year question papers
- It also gives you access to clarify your doubts
Few important international days and its significance by Entri.