Employment Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is an organization that assists the Central Board of Trustees in administering the Provident Fund Scheme which is a retirement benefit scheme available for all salaried employees in India. EPFO is also one of the world’s largest social security organizations which makes it one of the desirable organizations to work among aspiring graduates. EPFO recruits eligible candidates for various posts. EPFO is expected to release recruitment notification for Assistant posts. Eligible candidates can apply. Examination will be conducted in two phases to recruit eligible candidates. Here in this article, we will discuss about the details of EPFO Assistant Exam Dates 2020.
EPFO Assistant 2020 – Important Details
|Post name||EPFO Assistant|
|Name of Organization||Employment Provident Fund Organization(EPFO)|
|Job location||Across India|
|Educational Qualification||Must possess a degree from a recognized University or equivalent|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Salary||Level- 7 of Pay Matrix under 7th Pay Commission with basic pay of Rs. 44,900/-.|
|Selection Process||Prelims and Mains Examination|
EPFO Assistant 2020 Exam Dates
EPFO Assistant examination is one of the most sought – after jobs among young aspirants waiting to enter the government sector. It is expected that the EPFO will soon release the 2020 recruitment notification to fill out the Vacant EPFO Assistant posts across India. Selection process for EPFO Assistant posts includes Prelims and Mains examination. Once the recruitment notification is released registration process will begin and the dates for the prelims examination will be announced. Once the exam dates are released, we will update here with all the required details. Candidates must visit the official website of EPFO https://www.epfindia.gov.in/ often for any updates regarding the recruitment process.
|EPFO Assistant Examination||Important Dates|
|Notification released on||Yet to be released|
|Opening of registration of application||Will update soon|
|Closing of registration of Application||Will update soon|
|Admit Card released on||Will update soon|
|Date of Prelims Examination||Will update soon|
EPFO Assistant 2020 Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be done through online examinations, i.e examinations will be held in two phases-
- Phase I – Preliminary Examination
- Phase II – Main Examination
Phase I – Preliminary Examination Exam Pattern
|Subject||Number of Questions
|English Language Bilingual||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
- Only candidates qualified in the prelims can attempt the phase –II main examination. Also prelims examination marks will not be considered for final merit.
- For each wrong answer 1/4th of mark assigned to that question will be deducted.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Phase-II in the ratio of 1:10 i.e. about 10 times the number of vacancies in each category on the basis of their performance in Phase – I.
Phase II – Main Examination Exam Pattern
|Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Reasoning/ Intelligence||40||60||35 minutes|
|English Language||30||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||60||35 minutes|
|Descriptive Paper (English
Language with emphasis
on comprehension and
|TOTAL||153||230||2 hours 45
- The marks obtained in Phase – II will be considered for final selection.
- For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one fourth of the mark assigned to that question.
- Descriptive paper will be completely online, i.e. the questions will be displayed on the screen and the candidates will have to type the answers using keyboard. Descriptive paper will be conducted online immediately after completion of online objective test of Phase-II Main Examination.
Check below links for more EPFO related articles-
Other Important Articles-
How you can use Entri app for your exam preparation:
- Entri provides an online platform to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- Download for free of cost and get access to video classes, exams and study cards with a single subscription fee.
- You can access full length mock tests and previous year question papers.
Hope you have benefited from this article. Check us for further details. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming exams.