Employees’ Provident Fund Organization or EPFO is one of the major organizations which are responsible for maintaining and looking after the Employees’ Provident Fund or EPF which is a retirement benefits scheme available for all salaried employees of the Indian Government. EPFO recruits able citizens of India to various posts and gives a chance to serve in this large organization. It invites applications from all the eligible citizens of India for the post of Assistant. The registration process for the same will begin once the notification is out. EPFO will be conducting an online examination in two stages to recruit the EPFO Assistants. All aspiring candidates should apply for this as it is a good gateway to enter the government sector. In this article, we will discuss the EPFO Assistant Selection Process 2020.
EPFO Assistant Selection Process 2020: Overview
|Job Type||Central govt.|
|Name of the Post||Assistant|
|Total Vacancy||Yet to be announced|
|Last Date for Submission of online EPFO application||To be announced|
EPFO Assistant Exam Notification
The notification for the Recruitment of EPFO Assistants can be expected to release in the upcoming month. Being a central government job it has a lot of importance along with the chance of working in a large organization. EPFO vacancies for the post of Assistants are expected to be filled by a large number of aspirants. The total number of vacancies is not yet announced but we will update this blog with all the minute details once the notification is out. The interested aspirants should apply as soon as the online link is active to avoid the last-minute rush. The aspirants who get selected as Assistants will be eligible to receive payment according to the 7th Pay Commission.
EPFO Assistant Exam Selection Process 2020
The selection process of EPFO Assistant Recruitment consists of 2 stages as mentioned below:
- Phase I – Preliminary Examination
- Phase II – Main Examination
Phase I – Prelims Exam
- The EPFO Assistant Preliminary exam consists of only MCQs which will be conducted online. This exam can be answered in English or Hindi, except for the English section. The Prelims exam pattern for EPFO Recruitment is given in the table below –
|Name of Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
- Each section has separate timing as mentioned above.
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the prelims. 1/4th of the marks assigned for the question will be deducted if the answer is wrong.
- The aspirants will be shortlisted for Phase-II in the ratio of 1:10 i.e. about 10 times the number of vacancies on the basis of their performance in Phase I.
Phase II – Mains Exam
- The EPFO Assistant Mains exam will consist of an online objective test consisting of 150 questions of 200 marks. Each section will be allocated a particular time duration if the time gets over then you will be automatically taken to the next section.
|Name of Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|General/Economy/Financial Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||60||35 minutes|
- The descriptive test will test the English language of the candidate. It will consist of Letter writing, Precis & Comprehension. The test will be for 45 minutes.
- The descriptive paper will be completely online, i.e. the questions will be displayed on the screen and the aspirants will have to type the answers using a keyboard. The descriptive paper will also be conducted online immediately after completion of the OBT of Phase-II Main Examination.
- Note: Cut-offs are applied in two stages:
on scores in individual tests
b. on Total Score
In this article, we discussed the EPFO Assistant Selection Process 2020. Interested candidates can download the Entri app by clicking on the link below and start preparing for the exam.