The official notification regarding the SSC CHSL exam was released on November 6,2020. The SSC CHSL exam will be conducted in three levels. The first tier will be an objective multiple-choice online examination and the second level consists of a descriptive exam in English/Hindi. It will be in pen and paper mode. All the candidates who clear the first two tiers will be qualified to attend the third tier. The third tier of SSC CHSL exam is the skill test or typing test. Let us take look at how to prepare for SSC CHSL skill test in detail.
SSC CHSL tests
SSC CHSL exams consist of three levels. Tier 1 exam will be an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are four sections in this exam, which contains 100 questions for a total of 200 marks. There will be negative marking of 0.5 for wrong answers. The sections are: general intelligence, general awareness, quantitative aptitude and English language. The total duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
This exam will be descriptive in nature and will test the writing skills of the candidates in English or Hindi. The candidates are required to write an essay of about 200-250 words and a letter of about 150-200 words. The exam will be for a total of 100 marks and the total duration will be 60 minutes.
This level consists of certain skill tests that are required for government posts.
Skill test for Data Entry Operator
This requires the candidate to enter 8000 key depressions in an hour on computer. The duration of the test will be for 15 minutes.
Typing test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks
Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi. It will be qualifying in nature. Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute. Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
After the skill test, those candidates who qualified will be appointed on the basis of the merit list.
How to prepare for SSC CHSL skill test?
Here are some tips on how to prepare for the skill test:
- Learn to type by watching tutorials from YouTube. The tutorials will provide you tips regarding the placement of fingers on the keyboard and more.
- Practice typing on the keyboard of your PC daily, so that you reach a point where you can start typing without looking at the keyboard. Keeping your eyes off the keyboard will increase your speed by at least 40%. Imagine the keyboard on your monitor while typing and your eyes should be on the monitor.
- Practice online typing test to improve your typing speed and also to check your accuracy level. This will also give a feel of the real test and will help you to practice exam in a time bound manner.
- While practicing, ensure that you maintain 90% accuracy in spelling, punctuation and spacing.
- The aspirants should develop speed enough to type about 30 words in a minute.
- Analyse your mistakes and correct them.
- Practice, practice and practice till you perfect your typing skill.
Prepare with Entri
Start your preparation with the help of ENTRI. With the aid of thousands of questions, well-structured classes and mock tests, you will be able to score well.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for bank exam preparation tips.