Occasionally Kerala PSC recruits qualified teaching aspirants through its common recruitment tests to High School Assistant across various subjects. For every subject and medium of language (English, Malayalam, Tamil, etc) PSC conducts separate written tests and published the rank lists district wise. The required Kerala PSC HSA exam qualification, age limit and education qualification for each subject are different. Let’s check the Kerala PSC HSA eligibility criteria in detail.
Kerala PSC HSA Eligibility Criteria 2022
Kerala Public Service Commission conducts the High School Assistant recruitment across various subjects to hire teachers to the Education department. These subject wise, district wise recruitment tests usually invited thousands of applicants across Kerala. For the selection process, the commission conducts a written examination for 100 marks in 01 hours 15 minutes and the candidates thus hired were placed on the pay scale of Rs. 29,200 -62,400/ in Education department.
Kerala PSC HSA Age Limit
Candidates age shall be between 18 years and 40 years. Only candidates born between January 02, 1981
and January 01, 2003 (Both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. Other Backward Communities
and SC/ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation according to the government norms. For concessions allowed in upper age limit, subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years to any of the applicants. Other age relaxation criteria are:
- Laboratory Attenders in the departmental High Schools in the State who have rendered at least 5 years satisfactory service and who possess the prescribed qualification will be exempted from the age limit.
- Teachers of the Government Primary and Nursery Schools who are graduates and are otherwise qualified will be exempted from the upper age limit.
To appear for the Kerala PSC HSA exam, candidates should have :
- A Degree in the concerned subject and B.Ed/ BT in the concerned subject conferred or recognized by the Universities in Kerala.
- Applicants must have passed the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET) for this post conducted by the Government of Kerala. : Candidates who have qualified CTET/ NET/ SET/ M.Phil/PhD in respective subjects and M.Ed. in any subject are exempted from acquiring Kerala TET.
- For languages, Bachelors Degree or Postgraduate degree in concerned Language and literature is essential.
- For HSA Social Sciences, the applicant should have taken History or Economics or Geography or
Politics or Commerce or Philosophy or Music or Sociology as the main subject for Graduation. The candidates who have acquired BA. Ed Integrated Course (Social Studies, English) conducted by the Regional Institute Of Education in Mysore are also eligible to apply for the post.
M.Phil in the concerned subject be the one awarded by any of the Universities in Kerala or recognised as equivalent by any of the Universities in Kerala. The applicant should have taken Botany or Zoology or Home Science or Micro-Biology as the main subject for Graduation/ Post Graduation to apply for the HSA Natural Science stream. Diploma in Rural Service awarded by the National Council for Rural Higher Education will also be treated as equivalent to a Degree. The candidates who have acquired B.Sc Ed in Chemistry – Botany – Zoology stream conducted by the Regional Institute of Education Mysore of NCERT are also eligible to apply for the HSA Natural Science post.
Entri wishes you all the best for all your upcoming Kerala PSC HSA exam. Start your Kerala PSC High School Assistant 2022 preparations today itself. Attempt our free mock tests and video classes to improve your success rate.