Kerala Public Service Commission conducts the examination for the recruitment to the post of High School Assistant on the basis of the notification produced and the vacancy occurred. Kerala PSC has now issued the notification to the recruitment to this post through the official website. Interested candidates who have the required eligibility can log in to the Kerala PSC website and apply for the job. Read this article to know more about the examination and the complete Kerala PSC HSA Exam analysis. Also, the candidates who have registered are requested to know about Kerala PSC HAS Exam analysis for an easy approach to the examination.
Kerala PSC HAS Exam 2022: Job Details
|Name of the recruiting body||Kerala Public Service Commission (PSC)|
|Name of the Organization||Education Department|
|Post||High School Assistant|
|Total marks of the examination||100|
Usually, there are a lot of candidates who appear for this examination. The cut-off mark for the selection process is usually decided by the board after the conduction of the examination and is available from the official website. For more details regarding the cut-off marks, downloading the admit cards, etc. the candidates can visit the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission.
Kerala PSC HSA Detailed Exam Analysis
Candidates who are applying for the job can select the medium of examination from the given option on the official website. The question papers that will be provided to the candidates in the examination hall will be of the optional language the candidate has selected while applying for the examination. Optional languages that are available on the website are Tamil, English, Kannada, Malayalam, Arabic, Sanskrit, and Hindi.
Basic Details About The Examination
- The exam will be conducted either in Offline/Online mode.
- The exam pattern set as is the Objective type.
- The total number of questions will be 100 for the examination.
- Each right answer carries one mark and negative marks are awarded for every wrong answer.
- 33 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The duration of the examination for the recruitment to the post of High School Assistant is scheduled for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Eligibility Criteria for the Examination
Candidates who are applying for the job should make sure that they have met the required qualification that is been shown in the official notification. The educational, as well as the age limit requirement that each candidate has to take care of, is shown below.
The candidate applying for the job should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Post Graduate Degree in required subjects in the notification such as main subject and B. Ed/B.T. in the concerned subject recognized by the Universities in Kerala.
The age of the candidate should be no less than 18 years and also shouldn’t above 43 years (Only candidates born between 02.01.1976 and 01.01.2001 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post).
Let’s take a deep look into the pattern followed by Kerala PSC in this examination. Kerala PSC will conduct this examination for the applied candidates and the question paper will have two parts, Part A, Part B.
|Part A||· Module I: Renaissance and freedom movement
· Module II: General Knowledge and current affairs
· Module III: Methodology of teaching the subject
|Part B||Core subject|
Download the Subject Wise Syllabus Here:
|Natural Science||Natural Science|
|Social Science||Social Science|
|Physical Science||Physical Science|
- History or conceptual development, Need and Significance, Meaning Nature and Scope of the Subject.
- Correlation with other subjects and life situations
- Aims, Objectives, and Values of Teaching – Taxonomy of Educational Objectives – Old and revised Pedagogic analysis- Need, Significance, and Principles.
- Planning of instruction at the Secondary level- Need and importance. Psychological bases of Teaching the subject – Implications of Piaget, Bruner, Gagne, Vygotsky, Ausubel, and Gardener – Individual difference, Motivation, Maxims of teaching.
- Methods and Strategies of teaching the subject- Models of Teaching, Techniques of individualizing instruction.
- Curriculum – Definition, Principles, Modern trends and organizational approaches, Curriculum reforms – NCF/KCF.
- Instructional resources- Laboratory, Library, Club, Museum- Visual and Audio-Visual aids – Community-based resources – e-resources – Textbook, Workbook, and Handbook.
- Assessment; Evaluation- Concepts, Purpose, Types, Principles, Modern techniques – CCE and Grading- Tools and techniques – Qualities of a good test – Types of test items- Evaluation of projects, Seminars and Assignments – Achievement test, Diagnostic test – Construction, Characteristics, interpretation, and remediation.
- Teacher – Qualities and Competencies – different roles – Personal Qualities – Essential teaching skills – Microteaching – Action research.
We wish you all the best in your exam preparation. Entri provides the best coaching experience to all the candidates and helps them to ace their preparation. With live classes and the previous year’s paper-solving methods, we assure great success to all candidates.