Table of Contents
Are you one of those contemplating to pursue their career as a teacher and to appear for the Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Exam, then you have definitely arrived at the right place. There is no doubt that a Government job in hand is a dream-come-true for millions of Indian youth. The job security that comes with such a job, accounts to its popularity among the people. This is an important exam for B.Ed graduates and TTC graduates in Kerala. Kerala PSC LP School Assistant/ UP School Assistant jobs should be the next approach. Eligible candidates can apply for the LP/ UP Assistant notifications through their “thulasi” profile page once the official notification is out. In order to crack the exam, students must create a plan and strategy to prepare for the exam. Here we bring you a Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Study Plan which can be used as a starting point to start the preparation.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant: Know the syllabus
It is of utmost importance to know the syllabus of the exam that one is preparing for. One can expect questions in the Kerala PSC LP/UP Assistant Exam from topics like,
- General Knowledge
- Simple Mathematics
- Social Science
The exam which has a high level of competition, devotes a major chunk of its questions to General knowledge(50%), with the rest of the sections comprising of General English(20%), Mental Ability and simple arithmetic(20%) and General Knowledge. Below is the overview of the syllabus
Module I: Renaissance and freedom movement
Module II: General Knowledge and current affairs
Module III: Methodology of teaching the subject
- History/conceptual development. Need and Significance, Meaning Nature and Scope of the Subject.
- Correlation with other subjects and life situations.
- Aims, Objectives, and Values of Teaching – Taxonomy of Educational Objectives – Old and revised.
- Pedagogic analysis- Need, Significance, and Principles.
- Planning of instruction at Secondary level- Need and importance. Psychological bases of Teaching the subject – Implications of Piaget, Bruner, Gagne, Vygotsky, Ausubel, and Gardener – Individual difference, Motivation, Maxims of teaching.
- Methods and Strategies of teaching the subject- Models of Teaching, Techniques of individualizing instruction.
- Curriculum – Definition, Principles, Modern trends, and organizational approaches, Curriculum reforms – NCF/KCF.
- Instructional resources- Laboratory, Library, Club, Museum- Visual and Audio-Visual aids – Community-based resources – e-resources – Textbook, Workbook, and Handbook.
- Assessment; Evaluation- Concepts, Purpose, Types, Principles, Modern techniques – CCE and Grading- Tools and techniques – Qualities of a good test – Types of test items. Evaluation of projects, Seminars, and Assignments – Achievement test, Diagnostic test – Construction, Characteristics, interpretation, and remediation.
- Teacher – Qualities and Competencies – different roles – Personal Qualities – Essential teaching skills – Microteaching – Action research.
Subject wise topics will be included in this part.
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Exam: Focus Points
- Once you know the syllabus always start with reading basic standard books like NCERT or SCERT as reference points.
- For Study Material try Mission LP/UP Assistant Rank File, Kerala PSC LPUP Assistant, LPSA UPSA Examination Complete Rank File, ACE Publications
- Thozhil vartha/ Thozhil veedhi:- Mandatory weekly coverage of any of these.
- Download Entri, the treasure trove for all competitive exams.
- Read newspapers daily and note down the points from the exam point of view. Spend more time on the weak points.
- Improving your vocabulary in English.
- Focusing on strengthening of Maths fundamentals
- Focus on theories of learning, Child Psychology
Kerala PSC LP/ UP Assistant Exam: What Toppers Suggest
- A proper time management: this would help to keep a check on unproductive activities and will keep you alert.
- A strong base : understanding the concept instead of memorising it would give extra advantage.
- Blueprint : this gives the understanding of which subject requires more focus and how to get an overall balance among other subjects too.
- Proper revision : this keeps the subject and respective concepts intact.
- Refrain the mind from negativity : self motivation and believing in oneself would help you to keep going. Always allow positive vibes and focus.
Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Start your Preparation today itself. Entri will help you with thousands of questions. Attempt mock tests, analyze yourselves to improve your success rate.
- Why do I need a study plan for the Kerala PSC LP/UP Assistant Exam?
- A study plan helps you organize your study time effectively, allocate sufficient time to each subject, track your progress, and stay focused on your exam preparation goals.
- How do I create a study plan for the LP/UP Assistant Exam?
- Please go through the above study plan for the LP?UP Assistant Exam.
- What should be the duration of my study plan?
- The duration of your study plan depends on your current level of knowledge and the time available before the exam. A typical study plan ranges from a few months to a year, depending on your preparation needs.
- How many hours a day should I study for the LP/UP Assistant Exam?
- The number of study hours per day varies from person to person. It’s essential to set a realistic daily study goal that you can consistently achieve. Generally, 4-6 hours of focused study per day is a good starting point.