SBI PO Eligibility criteria 2022: The State Bank of India will release the official notification for the Probationary officer on 2022. The free download link of the notification will be updated soon on this page. Lakhs of aspirants are awaiting the notification positively. Read the full article to know more about the eligibility criteria for SBI PO. SBI PO Exam is a yearly officer recruiting test operated yearly by the State Bank of India for its different vacancies across the Departments. The SBI PO Exam is an Objective type and is conducted in different centres across India. The test mode is online. The organizing management State Bank of India is India’s biggest Commercial Bank including more than 2,00,000 Branches in the Nation.
The candidates who are interested in the SBI PO 2022 recruitment can wait until the official notification is released. Keep visiting this page to know the complete updates regarding the SBI PO 2022 eligibility criteria. And, if you are planning to apply for the upcoming SBI PO exam, you can verify the eligibility criteria here.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2022-23
Know the SBI PO eligibility here and apply now! Know the age limit and educational qualification mentioned by the SBI for the PO post. If you are interested in applying for the SBI PO post, then ensure you go through the eligibility criteria for the SBI PO before the application. When the official 2022 application is announced, the candidates can visit the official website and apply online for the SBI PO exam 2022
The candidates applying for the SBI PO should fulfill certain age limit requirements as mentioned below:
- The applicants should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years.
- The upper age relaxation will be given to the eligible candidates according to their category under Government norms.
There are age relaxations mentioned for the SBI PO exam. The candidates can check the age relaxations as per the category here.
|SI. NO:||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|4||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|5||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of the assignment.||5 years|
|7||Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
The candidates should meet any of the following criteria:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidates who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination (as per the mentioned date in the notification).
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD (as per the mentioned date in the notification).
- Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant can also apply for the SBI PO post.
Other Important Points related to SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
- The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application.
- The CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honors/ optional/ additional optional subject if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of the percentage so arrived will be ignored.
The candidates who are applying for the SBI PO exam must be an Indian citizen. There is no other strict restrictions put forward by the SBI for the nationality criteria to apply for the SBI PO exam 2022.
How to Apply for SBI PO Exam 2022
The interested candidates can apply for the SBI PO Exam once, the notification is released. The candidates can review the eligibility criteria and if you are eligible to apply for the post, then you can visit the official website and apply online for the post.
- Visit the official website and ensure that the registration is completed from the career page of SBI
- After registering, keep note of the registered ID and Password.
- The candidate can visit the profile and enter all the necessary data including the personal details, educational qualification, work experience etc.
- After entering the data, the candidates can upload the photograph and signature in the prescribed area
- The candidates are advised to check the guidelines before uploading the info
- Preview the application form and click submit
- After clicking the submit button, ensure to pay the fees as per mentioned for each category
- The candidates can keep the print out of the submission for further reference
The application fees for the SBI PO exam is given below. The candidates belonging to the reserved category does not have the application fees. Thus, the candidates have to check the application fees status for them, before the final submission. The details will be given in the official online application portal of SBI PO.
|For all others||Rs. 750/-|
SBI PO Selection Process 2022
The selection process for the SBI PO recruitment is provided here. The candidates have to go through the initial phase of the prelims exam. The applicants, after the prelims exam will have to move forward to the mains exam. The eligible applicants from the prelims exams will only be allowed to enter this phase. And, after this second phase, the candidates will be called on for the GD or the group discussion phase and the interview. Red further to know each phase in detail.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consist of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online for 1 hour. The test will have 3 Sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability. There will be sectional timing of 20 minutes for each section.
Selection criteria for the Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times the numbers of vacancies (approx.) in each category will be shortlisted for Main Examination from the top of the above merit list.
Phase-II: Main Examination:
The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for a total of 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Subject||No of questions||Marks||
|1||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|4||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing and Essay).
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Phase-III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
Group Discussion is one of the crucial selection process in SBI PO. The candidates have to ensure a better performance in the GD with their smartness and knowledge. As the knowledge part is already covered up in the prelims and mains exam, the candidates can focus more on their performance in the group as a group member. This is not a phase where you see others as a strict competitor or try to win over all. Here, as per the adequate smart strategies, the candidates have to move forward to attend the section as team motivator who brings valid points and can also lead the group by upbringing others and attaining the best from the discussion
Number of Chances
The candidates belonging to various categories holds various number of chances. Here is the number of chances that can be attempted for different categories. The candidates can check the number of chances in the given below table.
|Category||Max. Permissible Number of Chance|
|General/ EWS (PWD)||7|
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
SBI PO Upcoming Exam Dates
The upcoming SBI PO tentative exam dates are provided here. The notification is believed ot be released on the coming April 2022.
|Categories||SBI PO Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Official Notification||April 2022|
|Last date – Online Application||April 2022|
|Prelims Admit Card release date||To be declared|
|Prelims Exam 2022||June 2022|
|Mains Admit Card||To be declared|
|Mains Exam||August 2022|
|Availability of Call Letters (GD & PI)||To be declared|
|Commencement of GD and PI||To be declared|
|Final result||To be declared|
Prepare for the Upcoming SBI PO Exam 2022
The applicants must focus on meticulous revision. The previous year question paper can be utilised as the multiple essential materials to revise for the forthcoming SBI PO exam. The prelims and mains exam are critical for all those candidates who are conditioning for the SBI PO exam. The previous year question paper can help the applicants to familiarise themselves with the question paper. The understanding of the previous year question paper can aid the candidates to score better marks for the SBI PO exam. The greatest efforts should be paid to the important areas. The focal regions in each area should be treated with extra consideration. The understanding of the focal areas in the question paper is required for the candidates to guarantee maximum marks. The previous year question paper can have multiple advantages. The candidates should check the previous year question paper to determine the essential topics in the syllabus.
The short tutorials are obtainable online which can be useful for the aspirants to schedule a preparation plan for the SBI PO exams. The revision can be made even easier in this way. The candidates should know the syllabus comprehensively. Recognize the weak and strong areas in the syllabus. The candidates should recognize the particular points in each of the sections and focus more on the weak area in the syllabus.
The reasoning ability area can be dived down by utilizing the mock tests and test series. They ensure a critical role in aiding the candidates to score more satisfactory marks in the exam.
The candidates should schedule an active study plan. Learn to utilize the study plan strategically. The strategical use of the study plan can help the candidates to bring more marks.
So, all these about the SBI PO eligibility criteria for 2022 and hope it is clear to all candidates.
Entri will be really assisting you with many mocks tests and section-wise notes and tricks to improve speed. The online platform gives you easier access and all the study materials. Join us and grab your dream job. All the best to you!