The State Bank of India is to release the official notification for the Probationary officer by April 2020. The free download link of the notification will be updated soon on this page. Lakhs of aspirants are awaiting the notification positively. Read the full article ‘SBI PO Eligibility Criteria‘ to know whether you are eligible to apply for the post.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates should meet any of the following criteria:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- The candidates who are in the Final Year/ Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination (as per the mentioned date in the notification).
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD (as per the mentioned date in the notification).
- Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant can also apply for the SBI PO post.
The candidates applying for the SBI PO should fulfill certain age limit requirements as mentioned below:
- The applicants should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years.
- The upper age relaxation will be given to the eligible candidates according to their category under Government norms.
|1||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|4||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|5||Persons With Disabilities (PWD) – PWD (Gen/ EWS)||10 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of the assignment.||5 years|
|7||Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Other Important Points related to SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
- The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application.
- The CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honors/ optional/ additional optional subject if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of the percentage so arrived will be ignored.
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Examination consist of Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online for 1 hour. The test will have 3 Sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability. There will be sectional timing of 20 minutes for each section.
Selection criteria for the Main Examination: Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Preliminary Exam. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering 10 times the numbers of vacancies (approx.) in each category will be shortlisted for Main Examination from the top of the above merit list.
Phase-II: Main Examination:
The objective test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 Sections for a total of 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Subject||No of questions||Marks||
|1||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|4||General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
Check the latest GA topic notes:
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with two questions for 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing and Essay).
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, 1/4th of marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Phase-III: Group Exercises (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately.
Number of Chances
|Category||Max. Permissible Number of Chance|
|General/ EWS (PWD)
|SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)
So, all these about the SBI PO eligibility criteria for 2020 and hope it is clear to all candidates.
Entri will be really assisting you with many mocks tests and section-wise notes and tricks to improve speed. The online platform gives you easier access and all the study materials. Join us and grab your dream job. All the best to you!