The Life Insurance Corporation of India was established on 01 September 1956. It is an Indian Government-owned insurance and investment corporation. Every year LIC recruits individuals for various vacant posts. The LIC Assistant Administrative Officer(AAO) recruitment notification 2023 released first week of January. Only those candidates who qualify Preliminary and Mains examination will be selected for the posts.
For the candidates who are preparing for te examination, it is very important to know about the LIC AAO Selection Process 2023 before they make their application. Here in this article are the complete details that te candidates need to know regarding the LIC AAO Selection process 2023 and LIC AAO Selection List. Let us take a look at the LIC AAO Selection Process 2023 below.
Download Entri App now! Start your LIC AAO exam preparations now!
LIC AAO Selection Process 2023
LIC AAO Selection Process 2023 will be conducted in three stages
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
LIC AAO Prelims Examination
The Preliminary examination is the foremost step of the LIC AAO selection procedure. Prelims exam is objective in nature and will be conducted through online mode. The test will have three sections with separate timing for each section.
|Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability||35||English and Hindi||
|English Language with special emphasis on grammar, vocabulary and comprehension||30||English||20 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||35||English and Hindi||
Click here to know more about LIC AAO Selection Procedure 2022!
LIC AAO Mains Exam
The candidates who are shortlisted based on performance in the Prelims exam will be called for the Mains exam. Approximately, 20 times the number of vacancies in each category will be shortlisted for the Mains exam. LIC AAO Mains exam is an online Computer-Based Mode. It consists of objective tests for 300 marks and descriptive tests for 25 marks. Both the objective and descriptive tests will be online. The objective test will have separate timing for every section.
|Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability||30||English and Hindi||
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Professional knowledge||30||English and Hindi||
|Insurance and Financial Market||30||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/ Legal drafting for AAO(Legal)||02||English||
Click here to start your LIC AAO exam preparations now!
LIC AAO Interview
Candidates who meet the LIC AAO Mains exam cutoff score will be eligible for the interview. The number of candidates to be called for an interview will be about three times the number of vacancies to be filled. Marks scored in the Mains examination only will be considered for shortlisting of interviews.
- Equivalent to the number of vacancies, LIC has the right to fix the minimum eligibility criteria in order to restrict the number of candidates called for the interview and also fix the minimum qualifying marks to qualify in the interview. Maximum Interview marks are 60 and qualifying marks for EWS, Unreserved, OBC are 30. Qualifying marks for SC /ST/PwBD candidates are 27. Candidates who do not secure the minimum qualifying marks as decided by LIC shall be excluded from the further selection process. The decision of LIC in this regard shall be final and binding on the candidates and no further communication will be entertained in this regard.
- The number of candidates to be called for interview will be about three times the number of vacancies to be filled in subject to availability of successful candidates in the online main examination and will be pure as per the scores they secured in their respective category.
- In case two or more candidates obtain similar marks, the merit order of such group of candidates shall be as per the aggregate marks in the online main examination and interview and further as per their additional post-graduation qualification (i.e. the person with the higher educational qualification will be placed higher in the merit order) and in case of further similarity in educational qualification merit order will be decided on the basis of age, (i.e. senior in age will be placed higher in merit order). LIC will not be bound to take all the candidates with a similar marks. It will only take candidates as per vacancy notified.
- Candidates who are called for interview and are traveling from outstation shall be entitled to reimbursement of Second Class Ordinary to and from Railway/Bus Fare by the shortest route from the place of residence to the place of the interview to be restricted to the fare by Railway Second Class Sleeper including the Reservation charges.
- There shall be no waiting list for candidates not declared successful in the main list.
- Shortlisted candidates in the final merit list will have to undergo Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination and only if found medically fit, will be offered an appointment.
Documents Required for the LIC AAO Selection
For the LIC AAO selection, certain important documents are required. The candidates can keep and refer to the below-mentioned documents with them while filling up the form.
- A clear scanned copy of the candidate’s signature.
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s recent photograph (preferably passport size).
- A scanned copy of the Left thumb impression.
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s handwritten declaration.
- Original or copies of the educational certificates from grade 10th till graduation.
Given below are the specifications of file size and dimensions for a scanned copy of the Signature and Photograph. If the photograph and signature are not submitted in the correct format it will be rejected. Take note of these specifications:
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||20 kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
Candidates who are applying for the post must also be able to provide the proof of their eligibilities and qualifications before the commission as it is demanded from the candidates.
See that you have a good and steady internet connection while applying online as you are entitled to only three attempts to fill this form. The candidates can also save the form after partly filling it and fill it later by logging in. Last-minute hiccups can be avoided if the candidates apply and register for the LIC Assistant Exam, before the last date.
LIC AAO Final Selection 2023
The LIC AAO selection list is published by the recruitment commission after the completion of the recruitment examination. After the completion of these stages of recruitment, the Commission publishes the LIC AAO Selection list. This list will contain the names of the candidates who are eligible to take up the position of Assistant Administrative Officer at the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
We hope this article on the LIC AAO selection procedure will help you in your preparation for the exams. Entri wishes you all the best for your upcoming LIC AAO 2022 examinations. Kickstart your LIC AAO 2023 preparation today with Entri’s Gold courses. Entri will help you with video classes (live and recorded), mock tests (both full-length and sectional), tips & tricks to succeed in the LIC AAO 2023 exam. Attempt our free mock tests, and analyze yourselves to improve your LIC AAO 2023 success rate. Good Luck!
Discussion about this post