Table of Contents
RRB ALP or Assistant Loco Pilot is a national level recruitment drive to fill about 23801 vacancies for ALP and Technicians in Indian Railways. One of the 21 Regional Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) will organize the recruitment drive for all the regions. In this article, we will discuss RRB ALP and Technician Eligibility 2022 – Age Limit and Educational Qualification.
- The responsible Regional RRB will set up a web portal for facilitating online application and other procedures.
- The date for RRB ALP Recruitment 2020 is not yet announced.
- The exam will be a written test.
- The test consists of multiple-choice questions with 6 sections.
- The result will be declared on the official site of all the participating Railway Recruitment Boards.
RRB ALP and Technician Eligibility 2022 – Age Limit and Educational Qualification – Overview
|Date of Exam||Not announced|
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board or RRB|
|Mode of Exam||Written|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Eligibility||10th pass & ITI/Diploma in Engineering|
|Posts||Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) Technician Grade III|
Total Vacancies in RRB ALP 2022
|RRB Jammu Srinagar||812|
RRB ALP and Technician Eligibility 2022 – Age Limit and Educational Qualification
The minimum eligibility to apply for RRB Auto Locomotive Pilot is matriculation with ITI or Diploma in Engineering. The guidelines related eligibility for the post of RRB ALP and Technician are given below:
- Nationality: Only Indian nationals can apply for the post.
- Educational qualification: Applicants should be 10th pass and possess ITI Certification (approved by NCVT / SCVT), or Diploma Engineering except for CSE or Civil disciplines.
- Age limit: Applicant should be 18 to 30 years old. Other Backward Class applicants will get relaxation for 3 years while Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe aspirants will get a relaxation of 5 years in upper age limit.
RRB ALP and Technician Eligibility 2022 – Age Limit and Educational Qualification: Selection Process
RRB ALP and Technician exam consists of four sages
- First Stage CBT
- Second Stage CBT
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test (CBAT)
- Document Verification.
The details of each stage are discussed below:
First Stage CBT
- This computer-based test is the first stage of the exam, this test is qualifying in nature
- The paper contains 75 MCQs which need to be completed in 60 minutes
- Each question carries 1 mark, hence, the total mark of the paper is 75
- ⅓ mark will be reduced for one wrong answer for the first stage CBT.
Second Stage CBT
- Those who qualify in first stage CBT will be for the second stage CBT
- This is the second stage of the exam consists of two parts
- The first part will have 100 questions and the total time is 90 minutes
- The second part will have 75 questions and the duration of the paper is 60 minutes
- ⅓ mark will be reduced for one wrong answers for the second stage CBT
- This stage is only for those aspirants who have applied for assistant loco pilot posts
- Question papers are made available in both English and Hindi
- There will be five test batters, aspirants need to score minimum marks in each test battery to qualify the exam
- Aspirants who clear all the three stages mentioned above, are called for document verification by the respective RRBs
- Aspirants need to carry the original documents asked by officials on the day of document verification
- If any aspirant fails to submit original documents or if any document is found fake, the candidature of that aspirant will be canceled
RRB ALP Result
The final RRB result will be published after document verification on the zonal RRBs websites. PDF containing names of the successful candidates will be published. The final merit list will be prepared after combining marks of stage two and Computer-Based Aptitude Test. In the case of technicians post, scores obtained in the second stage CBT will only be considered.